A1 Car Broker

Old Jan 11th 2008, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute
Default A1 Car Broker

Has anybody used these people to get a new car?

I believe they do what is called a reverse auction

What sort of discounts are they able to obtain on their 'Final Auction Price' (highest price)?

Thanks
Old Jan 12th 2008, 2:00 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A1 Car Broker

Originally Posted by tictac

What sort of discounts are they able to obtain on their 'Final Auction Price' (highest price)?

Thanks
I think they have a good reputuation and can get the best deals. I am thinking of using them this year.
I used a similar outfit in the UK and they were very good - I doubt that I could have got a better deal without them.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

gidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I think they have a good reputuation and can get the best deals. I am thinking of using them this year.
I used a similar outfit in the UK and they were very good - I doubt that I could have got a better deal without them.
I used them but would not recommend them. I also used CarBroker.com.au whom I ended up buying from. Would highly recoemmend them. Saved about $3K along with tow bar, roof rack, metallic paint and a full tank of petrol for free on a brand new Honda CRV. Free registration as well.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold

I just bought a new Landrover Freelander and told the dealer I had approached a boker but would prefer to use them to get "personal" service. I also said "we could go backwards on forwards on price but at the end of the day I want a fair deal for minimum fuss". 5% off.

Could I have got more? Probably. But at the end of the day it was an ok deal and cost me one email
Old Jan 13th 2008, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gidxg03
I used them but would not recommend them. I also used CarBroker.com.au whom I ended up buying from. Would highly recoemmend them. Saved about $3K along with tow bar, roof rack, metallic paint and a full tank of petrol for free on a brand new Honda CRV. Free registration as well.
Um. Aren't they the same company? Called A1 car brokers but website is carbroker.com.au. I used them a couple of years back to buy a Grand Vitara, got the top of the range for the entry level price. Chris was very helpful and I would have no hesitation in recommending them - especially if suave car salemnn make your skin crawl.

Mark
Old Jan 13th 2008, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

gidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mbike
Um. Aren't they the same company? Called A1 car brokers but website is carbroker.com.au. I used them a couple of years back to buy a Grand Vitara, got the top of the range for the entry level price. Chris was very helpful and I would have no hesitation in recommending them - especially if suave car salemnn make your skin crawl.

Mark
Not to my knowledge. I was dealing with 2 different companies anyway
Old Jan 13th 2008, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gidxg03
Not to my knowledge. I was dealing with 2 different companies anyway
Weird. carbroker.com.au is definitely the same as A1. Did you use carbrokers.com.au (with an 's') by any chance?

Mark
Old Jan 13th 2008, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Weird. carbroker.com.au is definitely the same as A1. Did you use carbrokers.com.au (with an 's') by any chance?

Mark
No it was def carbroker.com.au. I found them much better anyway.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 8:49 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Um. Aren't they the same company? ...
Certainly looks like it...
Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:18 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Yes, I used them about 3 months ago for a new Nissan Navara... I had the STX Auto Diesel, added loads of accessories to it and the list price was just over $52,500. My local dealer here on Sydney's Northern Beaches is Col Crawford who thought they were doing me a huge favour at $50k... I used A1 and they came back the same day at $44,997... Happy...? You bet...

Personally I'll never buy another car again without using a broker...
Old Jan 13th 2008, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

russell is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
i was going to use them but tried haggling myself i think the amount of discount really depends on the car you are buying whether its a popular car or one its hard to shift. i bought a toyota hiace van and got 11% discount bought a mitsibushi pajero and got 12% discount.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 5:28 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by russell
i was going to use them but tried haggling myself i think the amount of discount really depends on the car you are buying whether its a popular car or one its hard to shift. i bought a toyota hiace van and got 11% discount bought a mitsibushi pajero and got 12% discount.
What discount they are able to give depends on if a particular make & model is overstocked, if a new model is due out, if end of a year.

11% discount used to be the norm when buying a car, not sure about now though.

As a female I hate smarmy car sales men. When I was buying a car the salesman kept referring to my husband until I put him straight. Ford actually did a survey and found that 80% of car buying decisions were dictated by women. Has anyone ever met a female car sales person??

Perhaps this could be a new business venture - female car sales & servicing. Ladies you know the look when you take your car in and say so and so is wrong with it - you get looked at as if you are off of this planet!:curse:
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

I think they call themselves A1 Car Broker but their internet domain is carbroker.com.au
Old Jan 14th 2008, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
I have just used them after looking at recommendations from someone on here, maybe Bobcat.. though can't remember. Anyway, they were very good and answered loads of questions i had. Basically you pay 5$ on registration and then they determine a starting price for the reverse auction which in my case was about 6k below the asking price of a brand new Nissan Pathfinder 2008 model which were not even in Aus at the time. I ended up getting about 7k of the price which is far better than my initial attempts ahd been at the garage.. so yes, even on new models you can get a great deal, i would be surprised if you could do better at the dealerships yourself. Up until the reverse auction takes place you do not pay anything if you change your mind and do not go through with it so if the starting price is not that great then don't precede, once the auction takes place (normally takes about 24 hours) then if you pull out you pay $300. They gaurentee to beat the the starting price, if they don't then you do not have to pay anything. The dealerships that provide the car are normally local although it may be sourced from elsewhere in Aus. i thought it was good so could recommend it.

Cheers

Chris
Old Jan 14th 2008, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ray2gill
What discount they are able to give depends on if a particular make & model is overstocked, if a new model is due out, if end of a year.

11% discount used to be the norm when buying a car, not sure about now though.

As a female I hate smarmy car sales men. When I was buying a car the salesman kept referring to my husband until I put him straight. Ford actually did a survey and found that 80% of car buying decisions were dictated by women. Has anyone ever met a female car sales person??

Perhaps this could be a new business venture - female car sales & servicing. Ladies you know the look when you take your car in and say so and so is wrong with it - you get looked at as if you are off of this planet!:curse:
Funny you should say that, i met my first female (ex) car sales person on Saturday at a party..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.