Is this it?

Old Jan 28th 2007, 12:17 am
Banned

Dirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to all
Default Re: Is this it?

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I agree too. I can understand how it may appeal if you are middle aged/have a family and are looking for a quieter lifestyle, but I for one need pubs, bars, clubs, restaurants and other social stuff to do, so I love it here in Sydney.

Brisbane just seems to be devoid of any soul, much like a big American city, particularly after 5/6 pm.

Dirk, get yourself on a plane and come down here. I'll go drinking with you

S
Yeah me too. You really can't compare Brisbane to any great/good/mediocre cities around the World. Brisbane after 5pm and at weekends is a ghost town. OK, some burbs have a few pubs/restaurants - but not many! The valley has one or two proper pubs (not bars), but let's face it, it's scuzzy, has loads of homeless, and tonnes of police. And that tell's you everything you need to know. I for one would be happier walking around Long Street in Cape town than around Fortitude Valley at night. imho
Old Jan 28th 2007, 1:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dirk1971
Yeah me too. You really can't compare Brisbane to any great/good/mediocre cities around the World. Brisbane after 5pm and at weekends is a ghost town. OK, some burbs have a few pubs/restaurants - but not many! The valley has one or two proper pubs (not bars), but let's face it, it's scuzzy, has loads of homeless, and tonnes of police. And that tell's you everything you need to know. I for one would be happier walking around Long Street in Cape town than around Fortitude Valley at night. imho
I offered you a good nights drinking, but you've never taken me up on it, I'm in north Brissie too
Old Jan 28th 2007, 2:46 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Close, but no cigar.... think nearer... think the other end of that big beach at the end of your street...
You live in Gerroa? Seriously?
Old Jan 29th 2007, 11:43 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I offered you a good nights drinking, but you've never taken me up on it, I'm in north Brissie too
Some people are never happy... at least we take you up on your offer.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 11:54 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Come back soon Hutch.... we really miss you.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 1:13 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Some people are never happy... at least we take you up on your offer.
And its always a good nights drinking when its with you two
Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:25 am

And its always a good nights drinking when its with you two
or six, of course it's our speciality...
Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:00 am
Banned

Dirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to all

where abouts do you go?
Old Jan 30th 2007, 10:53 am

where abouts do you go?
She goes anywhere with drink...
Old Jan 30th 2007, 1:02 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by annqldau
She goes anywhere with drink...
Yep, I'm not proud, I'll drink with anyone!

where abouts do you go?
Kedron Park hotel is my local (cnr Gympie Road and Kedron Park Road), Gilhooleys at Chermside is closer to home though, and I can usually slip out under the radar during the week while The Bloke is immersed in MASH and Star Trek.

Then theres the meet at The Gap, where you could also meet the lovely Ann, and many others

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418138
Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:46 pm

Yep, I'm not proud, I'll drink with anyone!

Kedron Park hotel is my local (cnr Gympie Road and Kedron Park Road), Gilhooleys at Chermside is closer to home though, and I can usually slip out under the radar during the week while The Bloke is immersed in MASH and Star Trek.

Then theres the meet at The Gap, where you could also meet the lovely Ann, and many others

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418138
Sarcasim sarcasim, you haven't told what our special guest payment is yet... .