Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

99.999% certain we have lost our sale

99.999% certain we have lost our sale

Old Aug 25th 2005, 7:44 pm
& Sharon, Mike & Luke

andyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really nice
Default Re: 99.999% certain we have lost our sale

Wow what bad luck. Have sent positive vibes to you and plenty of karma coming your way. Hope things improve very very soon.
All the best
Sharon
Old Aug 25th 2005, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Hi Iain & Sam,

So sorry to read this thread....Selling the houses seem to be far more stressful than getting the visa's. Really hope you get some good news on it soon.

Judith
Old Aug 25th 2005, 8:41 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Worzel,

so sorry about what's happening to you.
Even yesterday I was still wanting to believe that it would all work out. But if her solicitors are saying they haven't done any work on it ....

Really sorry!!!

Gina
Old Aug 25th 2005, 10:14 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Bad news about your sale-buyers really have you by the short and curlies

We are of to Perth to validate in September
Old Aug 25th 2005, 10:32 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

if it was me, i would be round at her door right noo asking whats going on.
really sorry to hear this mate. i hope it all turns around for u
Old Aug 25th 2005, 10:37 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

They need better contracts over there. If you put an offer in to buy a house and its accepted then its yours. It really aint that hard to do.
Old Aug 25th 2005, 10:40 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
They need better contracts over there. If you put an offer in to buy a house and its accepted then its yours. It really aint that hard to do.
i agree, if u change your mind...it should cost ya!!!
Old Aug 25th 2005, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice

The dirty bas****s!!!!!!!!!!!
it is bollocks the way the houseing market is organised
hope you get another buyer soon and it all works out
Bev
/
estate agents are Sharks <)))))(
Old Aug 25th 2005, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

nik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by worzel
I am certain we are going to have to re-list now.

I just spoke to our solicitor and was told that they finally managed to get in touch with our buyer's solicitor. The senior partner has apparently finally managed to get in touch and was told they have done no work at all on this case. In fact, since she instructed them to act they have not had one call or letter from her. WTF!!!!

When I asked her why that was likely to be the case she said probably because our buyer is not ready to move at the moment. I am wondering if she is waiting for her ex’s cancer to finish him off so she can get her hands on the money!

She also said they were initially told the purchase of our house was not dependent on selling her house but now they are saying it is (which is news to us). Either way she is at best stalling and at worst not in a position to buy. I certainly don't believe a word she has said so far any more.

The only saving grace is that my contract is due to expire on Wednesday so I was going to lose my job as well as the sale. But I have been told today that 2 people have handed in their notice and I can stay on if I want to.

So it looks like the 3 weeks accommodation we have booked for October is going to be used for our validation trip. We will have to cancel the leaving party and maybe even find some wardrobes / dishwasher etc to buy so the house looks normal again.

I can’t begin to describe how disconsolate I feel right now.
I know how you feel ours has been off the market now for 6 weeks and still nothing from buyers, estate agents or solicitors despite a load of phone calls. We leave in 3 weeks time and all i can think about is are they gonna buy or try and screw me at the last moment or just pull out. Its crazy we had 4 lots of people real keankeenthe house and the EA said this couple would be the perfect buyers as they had no chain and were cash buyers, what a load of BS. How can people mess you about like this, i think buyers or sellers that pullout should pay 5% of the offered price unless they have a valid reason eg the survey picked up something drastic
Old Aug 25th 2005, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

Alan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura about

I just spoke to our solicitor and was told that they finally managed to get in touch with our buyer's solicitor. The senior partner has apparently finally managed to get in touch and was told they have done no work at all on this case. In fact, since she instructed them to act they have not had one call or letter from her. WTF!!!!

When I asked her why that was likely to be the case she said probably because our buyer is not ready to move at the moment. I am wondering if she is waiting for her ex’s cancer to finish him off so she can get her hands on the money!

She also said they were initially told the purchase of our house was not dependent on selling her house but now they are saying it is (which is news to us). Either way she is at best stalling and at worst not in a position to buy. I certainly don't believe a word she has said so far any more.

The only saving grace is that my contract is due to expire on Wednesday so I was going to lose my job as well as the sale. But I have been told today that 2 people have handed in their notice and I can stay on if I want to.

So it looks like the 3 weeks accommodation we have booked for October is going to be used for our validation trip. We will have to cancel the leaving party and maybe even find some wardrobes / dishwasher etc to buy so the house looks normal again.

We had similar exp, now we have rented the house and are on our way in 16 days....don't these people just p**s you off?
Tell them to do one and move on...at least it gives you some satisfaction!!!
Old Aug 25th 2005, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

Sorry to hear your news, I was in a similar situation myself last year.
I just can't believe how crap the whole house selling process is in the UK. Estate agents think nothing of charging 000's in fees yet rarely do anything to help hold the sales together or qualify buyers. Solicitors too want to be led by the hand... the whole process is rubbish.
Government has been talking about bringing in house seller packs when what it should be doing is bringing in binding contract system like there are here, once accepted thats you bought.
Change your agent and change your solicitor, they all have phones and what always got me is that they just can't pick them up and use them, they could have saved you a lot of time and stress.
Good luck, you'll sell soon and when you are here it will all be a distant memory.

Old Aug 26th 2005, 6:44 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

im really really sorry mate. thats the trouble with these things - there are people out there who will do this sh*t to you without even thinking twice. lesson learnt - you got to keep on top of the thing all the time and keep pushing the sale through otherwise this can be going on in the background i.e. she hasn't instructed her solicitor to do a damn thing and you are totally unaware of it. she is a cow. remarket immediately and if i were you with a bloody different agent because how come they didnt know any of this?!?!!? if they were on the case and doing their job they would have known all of the facts weeks ago.

you're now much much wiser mate so go for it!!!!

massive karma

j x
Old Aug 26th 2005, 6:51 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys

Sorry to hear your news I really hope you get some good news soon!
Old Aug 26th 2005, 7:56 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to everyone for the replies and PM's.

What really gets me is I just cannot think of a rational explanation for what she is doing. Her house sale is apparently going through on 2nd September (our estate agent has confirmed this with hers).

But while she has done nothing at all with the solicitors to progress the purchase of our house she has been around twice recently measuring up whether her furniture will fit and to measure for curtains/carpets.

The only three scenarios I can fit are: that somehow we have upset her in the past (didn't know her until this but our houses back on to each other through a maze of trees) and this is some sort of elaborate revenge; She is such a totally stupid person that she thinks because she doesn't need a mortgage or valuation all she needs to do is appoint a solicitor and it will all happen without any further involvement; it is all part of some scam to sell a house she doesn't own etc etc. She left her husband while he was suffering with cancer so she is capable of anything.

Can anybody else fit a scenario into the facts?
Old Aug 26th 2005, 8:00 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to everyone for the replies and PM's.

What really gets me is I just cannot think of a rational explanation for what she is doing. Her house sale is apparently going through on 2nd September (our estate agent has confirmed this with hers).

But while she has done nothing at all with the solicitors to progress the purchase of our house she has been around twice recently measuring up whether her furniture will fit and to measure for curtains/carpets.

The only three scenarios I can fit are: that somehow we have upset her in the past (didn't know her until this but our houses back on to each other through a maze of trees) and this is some sort of elaborate revenge; She is such a totally stupid person that she thinks because she doesn't need a mortgage or valuation all she needs to do is appoint a solicitor and it will all happen without any further involvement; it is all part of some scam to sell a house she doesn't own etc etc. She left her husband while he was suffering with cancer so she is capable of anything.

Can anybody else fit a scenario into the facts?
im inclined to go along with the really dumb scenario. has her solicitor carried out any searches i.e. local search?

sounds as though she needs proceeds from sale of her house to fund deposit for any future purchase i.e. yourrs (hopefully)

i dunno mate - all sounds very odd to me.

surely your estate agents must be trying to get hold of her now to ask her what the hell she is playing at???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.