Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

99% sure mandurah

99% sure mandurah

Old Feb 22nd 2006, 7:15 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future
Thumbs up 99% sure mandurah

Hi All,

as i was saying we are 99% sue that we are going to mandurah.
we like the look of it and the sound of it, but ' and why is there allways a but' well we will have to go where the work is of course and we are just wondering is there enough employment there for us to get a job will do anything of course just to start with.

we are both barbers to trade and we would rather keep to this and hopefully there is enough jobs there for us to do that.

if this works out then we will have to find an area to stay in halls head e.t.c. anyone any ideas.

if someone thinks we would have a better chance anywhere else, could you please say where you think would be a good place to look at.

cheers
john
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

claire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant future
Default Re: 99% sure mandurah

Originally Posted by jocky boy
Hi All,

as i was saying we are 99% sue that we are going to mandurah.
we like the look of it and the sound of it, but ' and why is there allways a but' well we will have to go where the work is of course and we are just wondering is there enough employment there for us to get a job will do anything of course just to start with.

we are both barbers to trade and we would rather keep to this and hopefully there is enough jobs there for us to do that.

if this works out then we will have to find an area to stay in halls head e.t.c. anyone any ideas.

if someone thinks we would have a better chance anywhere else, could you please say where you think would be a good place to look at.

cheers
john
Hi John,

We are hoping to settle somweher around that area too, my brother is in secret harbour and he says if you are willing to work you will find something, so when are you making the big move?

Claire
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by claire33
Hi John,

We are hoping to settle somweher around that area too, my brother is in secret harbour and he says if you are willing to work you will find something, so when are you making the big move?

Claire
Hiya Claire, we are hoping to head over there as well. Hubby is a welder and have been told there is lots of work there. Sending visa on Friday so hopefully we will be over before the end of the year if all goes to plan
Lynne
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 9:43 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

mandurah is considered by people who live here to be a sort of equivalent to Eastborne or Florida, namely its where people retire to, it is a nice place, but there are a larger number of older people residing there.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 9:49 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Its the fastest growing place in OZ.

Everyone needs hair cuts except for bald people. I cant see how you couldnt make it down there.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

claire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mick69
Hiya Claire, we are hoping to head over there as well. Hubby is a welder and have been told there is lots of work there. Sending visa on Friday so hopefully we will be over before the end of the year if all goes to plan
Lynne
Hi Lynne,

Yeah he should have no probs finding a job, have you had a look on www.seek.com.au?

Good luck with your visa application

Claire
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:06 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future

Hi all,

thanks for info haelps a lot.
well i am on the plane on the 5th of may can't wait excited as hell.

every needs a hair cut except bald people like it well thats me .

not a great advert for a barber
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

good luck with everything on the 5th. you'll have to let us know where you are and when we get there we'll call in for a hair cut!!!
Lynne
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by claire33
Hi Lynne,

Yeah he should have no probs finding a job, have you had a look on www.seek.com.au?

Good luck with your visa application

Claire
Cheers for that Claire. I keep checking the site just to make sure there is lots of work. Just needed to know for definate!!! Thanks again
Lynne
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,

We are off 3 weeks tomorrow, have been feeling a whole mixture of emotions the past few days, got our leaving party to look forward to next week and also I finish work!!!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:17 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say you'd have a better chance down here than in the Northern suburbs as around Mandurah, the area is booming! There's a new rail link coming, a new freeway and the housing is going up like you wouldn't believe.

It is the fastest growing area in Oz as Siren/Brian says and this can only mean one thing - people need services.

I know where we are (Secret Harbour) there is a shopping centre that is currently beginning construction and that will need a good barbers! Also, there's the biggest shopping centre in WA due to be built in Baldivis (not a million miles away from Mandurah), so I think there will be lots of opportunity.

It's funny, when we worked our little socks off to get over here, people used to say to my husband 'you're so lucky', he used to reply, 'funny that, the harder I work, the luckier I get!'

Good luck - you'll be right!

Jules
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:33 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

Smile Re: 99% sure mandurah

Hi there,

ok lynne no probs you will get your first haircut free

john.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:20 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

ok lynne no probs you will get your first haircut free

john.
Speaking of money - I had the boy's hair cut yesterday - one 2 year old with curls like Shirley Temple (NOT ANY MORE!) and and 8 year old clippered and it cost $22.

Just thought that may help

Jules
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:29 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julesandco
Speaking of money - I had the boy's hair cut yesterday - one 2 year old with curls like Shirley Temple (NOT ANY MORE!) and and 8 year old clippered and it cost $22.

Just thought that may help

Jules
I pay $12 in central Perth for a 2 clipper all over. Good value.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I pay $12 in central Perth for a 2 clipper all over. Good value.

Hi Amazulu

I am very surprised at the price of gents haircuts.
Thought they would be alot more than that.
Was it a hairdressers you went into or was it a barbers.

Beth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.