Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

9 Days to go....!

9 Days to go....!

Old Aug 5th 2007, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

nursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant future
Default 9 Days to go....!

Hey everyone its only 9 days till we leave for OZ now and we are very excited! just wondered if anyone had any last minute tips or advice? Thanks xx
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 9 Days to go....!

Originally Posted by nursesarah
Hey everyone its only 9 days till we leave for OZ now and we are very excited! just wondered if anyone had any last minute tips or advice? Thanks xx

Don't leave your new expensive red leather coat in the overhead luggage holder on the shuttle from Manchester airport to Heathrow............... my wife did on the connecting flight to hong Kong with Cathay Pacific

BA and Cathay Pacific's search for it since was fruitless.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Thats down and to the right from UK.
znaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to all

I go in 9 days to, with Singapore from Heathrow. Flying around 22:15.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

cathki is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello sarah, im currently a student nurse due to start 2nd yr and myself and family are set on moving to oz once im quilified have you got any advice or tips for me. cathxx
Old Aug 5th 2007, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck with the move remember to keep us updated.

Sharon
x

Old Aug 5th 2007, 10:35 pm
3 Yrs til the good life!

terriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really nice

Good luck!
Old Aug 5th 2007, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

What_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really nice

Hi Sarah

im right on your heals, im leaving the day after you

Jacen
Old Aug 5th 2007, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

mole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to all

Hi Sarah hope you have a good flight noticed you are from Sunny Huddersfield so are we it's a small world,good luck
Old Aug 5th 2007, 11:27 pm
Brisbane or bust!

Hooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant future

Good Luck with the move. We did it 3 months ago. It's quite hard to adjust to begin with but things are starting to get easier now!
Word of advice..... make sure ANY FOOTWEAR YOU BRING OVER IS THOROUGHLY CLEANED!!!!!!!!! The customs/immigration controls have just announced on tv this morning that they are getting even more stringent on british visitors since the recent foot and mouth outbreak. Declare anything you're not sure about. I declared my choccie bars cos i wasn't sure. The queue was smaller and they were fine with me bringing it in!
Oh that's another thing.... if you really like cadburys choc (sad I know but hey!) bring some over with you cos the cadbury's that's made here does not taste the same!
Where are you heading for??
Lol
Old Aug 6th 2007, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

nursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by cathki
Hello sarah, im currently a student nurse due to start 2nd yr and myself and family are set on moving to oz once im quilified have you got any advice or tips for me. cathxx
Hi Cath, you are making a good start by being on here really! the nursing forum has loads of useful info. I would start applying for jobs in your 3rd year and just email hospitals directly. They offer new grad programmes for newly qualified nurses but I know you can't get a permanent visa until you have 12 months + experience unless you are sponsored. Good luck with the rest of your training. where are you wanting to go in OZ? if you are thinking of Queensland, then Queensland Health's website would be a good starting point, its http://www.health.qld.gov.au/
Old Aug 6th 2007, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by znaylor1974
I go in 9 days to, with Singapore from Heathrow. Flying around 22:15.
Im going from Manchester with Emirates at 06.35, good luck to ya xx
Old Aug 6th 2007, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by What_a_life
Hi Sarah

im right on your heals, im leaving the day after you

Jacen
Good luck to you, seems to be a lot of us going at the same time!
Old Aug 6th 2007, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hooch&Lol
Good Luck with the move. We did it 3 months ago. It's quite hard to adjust to begin with but things are starting to get easier now!
Word of advice..... make sure ANY FOOTWEAR YOU BRING OVER IS THOROUGHLY CLEANED!!!!!!!!! The customs/immigration controls have just announced on tv this morning that they are getting even more stringent on british visitors since the recent foot and mouth outbreak. Declare anything you're not sure about. I declared my choccie bars cos i wasn't sure. The queue was smaller and they were fine with me bringing it in!
Oh that's another thing.... if you really like cadburys choc (sad I know but hey!) bring some over with you cos the cadbury's that's made here does not taste the same!
Where are you heading for??
Lol
Thanks for the advice, I will give all my shoes a right good scrub and walk around barefooted until I land in OZ guess I better go empty the shelves of cadbury's chocolate because I love it! and just for those tips I will bring you a large bar of dairy milk over
Old Aug 6th 2007, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

Im going from Manchester with Emirates at 06.35, good luck to ya xx
We are off too the gold coast on the 16th August from Gatwick at 21.15!
Old Aug 13th 2007, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all
Cool Re: 9 Days to go....!

Good luck Sarah, hope everything goes well and you have a good flight. Make sure you update us on here as I am off to the Gold Coast in March on the Grad Prog so would love to hear how you are getting on

Tracey
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.