British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   8 weeks to go and I havn`t done a thing!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/8-weeks-go-i-havn%60t-done-thing-316457/)

Widdi Jul 27th 2005 8:45 pm

8 weeks to go and I havn`t done a thing!!

AAArrgg!!

Does anyone know of the things I should be getting on with?? - I`ve sold my house but both cars need to go (anyone want a year old mini??)

There must be stuff to do? Our dog doesn`t need jabs untill 4 month before I`ve been told.

um um um um ---- bu88er it, I`ll do it tommorrow

karenjc Jul 27th 2005 8:54 pm

Re: 8 weeks to go and I havn`t done a thing!!

The one thing you need is a partner who does everything ( she's to impatient ) and won't wait as it's got to be done today!. But i do find that the whole process has been quite stress free for me, don't no why but it has ;) .

worzel Jul 28th 2005 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Widdi
AAArrgg!!

Does anyone know of the things I should be getting on with?? - I`ve sold my house but both cars need to go (anyone want a year old mini??)

There must be stuff to do? Our dog doesn`t need jabs untill 4 month before I`ve been told.

That's scary! We still have 3 months to go, are totally on top of the situation as fas as we can be at the moment and I am still panicing.

I think I am more like Karen than Darren in that respect by the sounds of it. Sam is at home watching tv, ironing or playing with Maryann while I am at work making yet more lists of new things to worry about :D

ali south Jul 28th 2005 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Widdi
AAArrgg!!

this should scare you, lifted from a post by Carrianne

TO DO LIST

Sell House
Pay off any debts
Sell car
Contact Tax Office (UK)
Get immunised for travel
Sort shipping company
Refs from banks (you will need proof that you are good payers)
Refs from employers
Stop Cable
Stop Council tax
Stop House insurance
Stop Electric, Gas, Water, Phone, Car insurance
Arrange mail to be forwarded to Brenda
Change addresses with bank
Book Flights
Close all bank accounts
Proof no claims bonus.
Convert dosh, open bank account
Get hotmail a/c
Stop car insurance and get rebate
make sure mobile is operative in oz or cancel contract
go to Link shop and buy one-tel pay as you go unlocked mobile with very low call costs £49.95 works in oz they say
Organise ALL the keys you have to the house and doors to give to the new people
Get e-mail addresses for everyone you can (cuts down on postage costs)
Cancel mobile phone contract
Cancel mobile phone contract
OPen oZ bank account (HSBC) prior
Register with as many job agenices as possible as I am trying to do a present, Hays and TMP Hudson have Global parts in london I have numbers if anyone wants them.
Be checking housing market and rentals on line
Decide what you will do first travel, or stay in a b& B
Arrange for car rental for first 2 weeks rentnewcars.com - where bar far the cheapest on all the sites I went on
If you are a tradesman, print of the licence form for your licence complete and have your qualifications ready in hand luggage to
Leaving Party
Pack you suitcase just before packers come with all the bits you will need when you go - (we are travelling first and leaving in Feb but in our cases will be our clothes,(summer) trade papers, driving licence, all important paperwork, references etc. (in hand luggage. So all winter clothes I have will be given away.
Fly west and avoid jet lag [:-) and get 32kg allowance each without having to be tied in to the Qantas migration fare. Which can be costly. Find out about what you can put in the hold for free.
cancel internet
Medical records