8 weeks on...

Old Oct 15th 2004, 4:06 am
Just Joined

maxineb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 8 weeks on...

hi everyone, we arrived in Oz 8 weeks ago with our 3 kids. Everything is going ok, hubby already had a job lined up and started work 2 days after we got here! I'm now looking for a job cos our rent is so expensive (we live in Sydney - on millionaires row I think!) We rented the house over the internet and seem to have landed in the most expensive suburb which is beautiful + now the kids have settled into school we can't move somewhere cheaper. Oh well, we do love it though. Oz is great, the people are very friendly but we are used to living on top of our neighbours and everything is so far apart here so the kids miss just going out to call for friends and hubby misses soccer (he used to play 3 times a week) and the beers with his mates after. Apart from that it's fab! Weekends at the beach, lazing round the pool with a Tooheys in hand and the wine is so cheap I can't believe it! The kids love their new schools and have already been on a surf camp with a youth club. Of course we miss home but we are sure we've done the right thing and it's getting better by the day. The only fly in the ointment is our house in the UK which refuses to sell. We don't think it ever will, we took a risk coming over but we couldn't wait and we're glad we didn't now cos we'd still be in cold Yorkshire!
Old Oct 15th 2004, 2:27 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 8 weeks on...

Originally Posted by maxineb
hi everyone, we arrived in Oz 8 weeks ago with our 3 kids. Everything is going ok, hubby already had a job lined up and started work 2 days after we got here! I'm now looking for a job cos our rent is so expensive (we live in Sydney - on millionaires row I think!) We rented the house over the internet and seem to have landed in the most expensive suburb which is beautiful + now the kids have settled into school we can't move somewhere cheaper. Oh well, we do love it though. Oz is great, the people are very friendly but we are used to living on top of our neighbours and everything is so far apart here so the kids miss just going out to call for friends and hubby misses soccer (he used to play 3 times a week) and the beers with his mates after. Apart from that it's fab! Weekends at the beach, lazing round the pool with a Tooheys in hand and the wine is so cheap I can't believe it! The kids love their new schools and have already been on a surf camp with a youth club. Of course we miss home but we are sure we've done the right thing and it's getting better by the day. The only fly in the ointment is our house in the UK which refuses to sell. We don't think it ever will, we took a risk coming over but we couldn't wait and we're glad we didn't now cos we'd still be in cold Yorkshire!
its a pity, there is a huge expats football scene in maroubra.
Old Oct 15th 2004, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 8 weeks on...

Glad to hear that you are settling in ok - well done and keep it up - be positive!!!!!