Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

7pm good night kids message

7pm good night kids message

Old May 19th 2005, 11:47 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default 7pm good night kids message

We have GWN country television here in Geraldton instead of channel 7 and at 7pm we get Dooba Dog come on and sing a little song that goes like this.

Wherever you are in WA
the stars come out to say
Goodniiiiight

Then he climbs into his bed in his olde worlde cottage like bedroom and goes to sleep

When I was in Perth a few weeks back it was different and there were spaceships and all sorts, very daring you city folk.

So it go me wondering do all different areas have a different night night message for the kids? do some areas not have one. what have you got in your area?

OK strange thread but different

Kala
Old May 19th 2005, 11:49 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 7pm good night kids message

Fat Cat(channel 7?) I think has a different adventure each night. Though I think it's gets repeated sometimes.

On 10, I think, there's the aussie animals, the echidna? who cleans up his toys, brushed teeth etc and goes to bed.

lol!
Old May 19th 2005, 11:56 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Simone
Fat Cat(channel 7?) I think has a different adventure each night. Though I think it's gets repeated sometimes.

On 10, I think, there's the aussie animals, the echidna? who cleans up his toys, brushed teeth etc and goes to bed.

lol!
Ant thought Fat cat (not very PC is it) was on WIN (country channel 10) I dont think I have ever seen fat cat unless that was fat cat with the spaceships in Perth the other day?
Old May 19th 2005, 12:09 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Ant thought Fat cat (not very PC is it) was on WIN (country channel 10) I dont think I have ever seen fat cat unless that was fat cat with the spaceships in Perth the other day?
Yeah, I think it probably was.
He also has one in the jungle I think
Old May 19th 2005, 12:47 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

We used to try and get our daugther to go to bed after the 7pm Blues Clues song but it never worked. These days we are lucky if she is asleep before we are.
Old May 19th 2005, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

on channel 10 - they have kenny the echidna - who gets ready & goes to bed with is other brothers & sisters.

whats really sad is i can still remember the words to it & the last time i visited oz was over 10 years ago!!! :scared:

pootle
Old May 19th 2005, 12:57 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pootle26
on channel 10 - they have kenny the echidna - who gets ready & goes to bed with is other brothers & sisters.

whats really sad is i can still remember the words to it & the last time i visited oz was over 10 years ago!!! :scared:

pootle
Mine go to bed when the "charmed" girls have killed (!) about 20 undead - sweet dreams
Old May 19th 2005, 2:39 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

We have GWN country television here in Geraldton instead of channel 7 and at 7pm we get Dooba Dog come on and sing a little song that goes like this.

Wherever you are in WA
Goodniiiiight

Then he climbs into his bed in his olde worlde cottage like bedroom and goes to sleep

When I was in Perth a few weeks back it was different and there were spaceships and all sorts, very daring you city folk.

So it go me wondering do all different areas have a different night night message for the kids? do some areas not have one. what have you got in your area?

Kala
I've heard that some unscrupulous parents tape his goodnight message and play it earlier to fool their kids into going to bed even earlier!

Very sneaky...
Old May 19th 2005, 3:24 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pootle26

pootle
Goodnight Patsy Possum,
Christie, Connie, & Kevin too,
Goodnight young Kenny,
And goodnight to you,

Gotta get to bed, rest my weary head,
Gotta brush my teeth, and there's prayers to be said,
Put away the toys in the old toy box,
Bring in the cat,
Snap on the locks,
Sun's going down in 10 seconds!,
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10.

Apparently, it used to be, "Put out the cat"...

Bloody hell..!!! I need to get out more...
Old May 19th 2005, 3:30 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by tonyk38
I've heard that some unscrupulous parents tape his goodnight message and play it earlier to fool their kids into going to bed even earlier!

Very sneaky...
note to self, if I ever have children tape the night night show.
Old May 19th 2005, 3:39 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyk38

Very sneaky...
You've not got kids, have you Tony I have been known to change the time on all clocks, close curtains early, feed early then say "but it's xx hours since tea!"
Old May 20th 2005, 1:14 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

We have Prime Possum come on here at 7.30....Hubby keeps getting up when it comes on to go to bed!!
Old May 20th 2005, 1:22 am
ABCDiamond

Wherever you are in WA
Goodniiiiight

Kala
Nothing like that in our area. And I don't recall anything in Sydney either.

Old May 20th 2005, 2:47 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

Good, I thought I'd been 'missing out' then, didnt think I remembered seeing anything like it on
Old May 20th 2005, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Channel 7 in Sydney used to do it, but stopped it many years ago.

I've only ever seen it since on the odd regional TV channels.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.