Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

7 seater 4WD or People Carrier?

7 seater 4WD or People Carrier?

Old Aug 31st 2007, 4:20 am
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 7 seater 4WD or People Carrier?

We have a Nissan Patrol, about 2 years old and it is brilliant!! In my opinion soooo much better than a people carrier, we love going 4x4ing, driving on beaches etc etc!! Have 2 kids and a dog, just chuck it all in with plenty of room and off we go!!

Ours is Diesel and is really economical, we also test drove the Toyota Landcruiser and Prado, both great to, but Patrol just that little bit cheaper, with more mod cons for your money!!
Old Aug 31st 2007, 4:23 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I did some research on 7 seaters here -

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376751

HTH

Buzzy
Yet you still bought a pathfinder
Old Aug 31st 2007, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

We are now in OZ and went for the 4WD. Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Have got a new 7 seater Nissan Pathfinder ST-L, and loving it. Glad we did, as when we arrived in our new town we have never seen so many 4WDs in our life! We just looked at each other and said, thank god we didnt go for the people carrier!

GEMS
Old Aug 31st 2007, 4:26 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sham Williams
We have a Nissan Patrol, about 2 years old and it is brilliant!! In my opinion soooo much better than a people carrier, we love going 4x4ing, driving on beaches etc etc!! Have 2 kids and a dog, just chuck it all in with plenty of room and off we go!!

Ours is Diesel and is really economical, we also test drove the Toyota Landcruiser and Prado, both great to, but Patrol just that little bit cheaper, with more mod cons for your money!!
Agree the patrol is a fantastic brute
Old Aug 31st 2007, 5:09 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Yet you still bought a pathfinder
Yep. Best value for money all round.

Buzzy
Old Aug 31st 2007, 5:14 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I've just bought a DID Pajero, GLX.

I love it, you get a lot of bang for your buck with a GLX Paj.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:30 am
Just Joined

Mike and Kathy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gems
Hello,

We are moving to WA, but not in the city up near Monkey Mia (dolphin place)

Anyway we have four kids! Ages 15 to 2 years, so not all kids are small. Really only youngest is.

Will need a vehicle and can't decide on what would be best. Like the space of a people carrier, eg usually more leg room and boot.
But maybe a 4WD 7 seater might be better for trips out! We like outdoors so prob like exploring.

Then I think the space of a people carrier on a long drive say down to Perth might be better.

Looked online at the Toyota Kluger and Mitsubishi Outlander both in 7 seater.

We cant buy two vehicles as I dont drive yet!
So its either a 4WD or the People carrier.

Anyone with seven seaters got any views?
Recommendations for best leg room and boot space in 4WD?
Or People carrier. (Must seat 6 minimum)

GEMS
We bought a fantastic 4wd 8 seater and with four kids we thought we'd still have room for extra passengers - but it was not suitable - there was no room for a buggy and shopping and the back seats had no leg room and if you used the very back seats you had no boot space. We loved it but we had to move on to a Tarago which is an 8 seater and has loads of room, we can fit 2 bikes for toddlers and a buggy in the back and more, its not as much fun, but very practical.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 8:17 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike and Kathy
We bought a fantastic 4wd 8 seater and with four kids we thought we'd still have room for extra passengers - but it was not suitable - there was no room for a buggy and shopping and the back seats had no leg room and if you used the very back seats you had no boot space. We loved it but we had to move on to a Tarago which is an 8 seater and has loads of room, we can fit 2 bikes for toddlers and a buggy in the back and more, its not as much fun, but very practical.
Thats one of the reasons why I bought the Pathfinder. Even with all 7 seats occupied you can still get a double pram and a weeks shopping in the back.

Buzzy
Old Aug 31st 2007, 8:50 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Landcruiser Prado. Simply one of the best all round 4x4's and built like a brick.

Have off roaded it, on roaded it, run it about, long hauls and its simply everything I would want from a 4x4 and holds incredibly good used car value.

A mate of mine just took his across the Simpson Desert in an adventure 4x4 convoy.

However, I would say the deisel is better economically and low down torq, but is a lot rougher ride than the petrol.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

what's peoples opinions of the Holden Captiva - thats one that I have looked at? It appears to be here but as a Chevvy I think!

Lindsey
Old Sep 1st 2007, 12:32 am
There is no "U" in Qantas

MisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really nice

Originally Posted by nurselindsey
what's peoples opinions of the Holden Captiva - thats one that I have looked at? It appears to be here but as a Chevvy I think!

Lindsey
The Captiva is a good car, especially in diesel form, but like the 4WD Territory it is not a proper offroader. I know of a Ford dealership owner who joined a 4x4 convoy into the outback with a Territory as few years ago. Thought he was the bees knees as it had only just been released. All the other guys had Prado's, Landcruiser's, Patrol's, Pajero's and Land Rover's. They spent most of the trip pulling this Territory out of bogs etc. It all depends on what you want to do: If you want to do serious off roading get any of the above 4x4's if you plan to drive a bit on the grass and maybe the beach, then the Captiva/Territory/Kluger/Outlander will be fine.

</IMG>