Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

7 seater 4WD or People Carrier?

7 seater 4WD or People Carrier?

Old Jun 21st 2007, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default 7 seater 4WD or People Carrier?

Hello,

We are moving to WA, but not in the city up near Monkey Mia (dolphin place)

Anyway we have four kids! Ages 15 to 2 years, so not all kids are small. Really only youngest is.

Will need a vehicle and can't decide on what would be best. Like the space of a people carrier, eg usually more leg room and boot.
But maybe a 4WD 7 seater might be better for trips out! We like outdoors so prob like exploring.

Then I think the space of a people carrier on a long drive say down to Perth might be better.

Looked online at the Toyota Kluger and Mitsubishi Outlander both in 7 seater.

We cant buy two vehicles as I dont drive yet!
So its either a 4WD or the People carrier.

Anyone with seven seaters got any views?
Recommendations for best leg room and boot space in 4WD?
Or People carrier. (Must seat 6 minimum)

GEMS
Old Jun 21st 2007, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Ianha77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 7 seater 4WD or People Carrier?

Originally Posted by Gems
Hello,

Anyway we have four kids! Ages 15 to 2 years, so not all kids are small. Really only youngest is.

Will need a vehicle and can't decide on what would be best. Like the space of a people carrier, eg usually more leg room and boot.
But maybe a 4WD 7 seater might be better for trips out! We like outdoors so prob like exploring.

Then I think the space of a people carrier on a long drive say down to Perth might be better.

GEMS
You can have both! Mitsubishi Delica is 4WD People carrier. Can be used in 2Wd or 4Wd and you can also lock the Diff. It has the Pajero running gear. You can get an 7 or an 8 seat model. Read more about them here http://www.delicaclub.com/.
I have owned on for 6 months and it gets us everywhere and not got stuck yet.

Ian....
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Is the Mitsubishi Delica still in production? I like the look of the delica

When I looked on Mitsubishi AU they have the Grandis people carrier. No mention of the Delica.

GEMS
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

We bought Toyota Tarago, it's 8 seater, I absolutely love it, we have 3 children, we bought a second hand one, but got it for really good price , we did look at other 7 seaters, but this one is just perfect for us, its brilliant specially when the children invite their friends around from school, we just have so much space in the car.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Ianha77 is an unknown quantity at this point

You won't see them on Mits Aus web site because they are an import and not available as a new car in Aus. They are becoming more and more popular over here and parts are easy to get as they are a mix of Pajero, Triton and a couple of other Jap models. They are starting to get the same kinda cult status as the VW Camper had.

The seats all fold down to make a double bed and it even has curtains( some models they are electric) If you go over to Fraser Island or Stradie you'll see these Delica's everywhere going up and down the beach! I have taken mine off road a few times and it's great fun.

Fell free to Pm me if you want any more info, Dealers etc etc.

Ian....
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:56 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Kluger, though not the 7 seater, and I have to say it's the best car I've ever owned. In a recent report which is for the industry, rather than public consumption, the Kluger came top of the list of all cars in the customer satisfaction category. It's bloody roomy, very reliable, plenty of poke and handles like a dream. My sister has the brand new Outlander, which I've driven and I have to say I was very underwhelmed by it.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just bumping to get more views on people carriers v 4WD. (got 4 kids)

GEMS
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:21 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Just bumping to get more views on people carriers v 4WD. (got 4 kids)

GEMS
I did some research on 7 seaters here -

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376751

HTH

Buzzy
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:39 pm
Banned

BillyNorman is an unknown quantity at this point

Suppose it depends on what sort of activities you will be doing. 4WD is fantastic and kids love it.

Also 4WD's are much better if you want to go camping etc.

Bill
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:44 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

GEMS
If you are living up that way get a proper 4wd. Something like a Toyota Landcruiser or Prado, Nissan Patrol or Mitsubishi Pajero. You will be able to go off-road, drive on the beach etc. Much more fun and better than a people carrier.

Australia is 4x4 territory.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

Thanks for this thread. We are(2 adults and 2 kids) and the Mitsubishi Delica looks fab
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:17 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Amazulu.

Proper 4x4, preferable a Landcruiser to make the most of the rugged terrain.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:42 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

We have a Toyota Prado 4x4 which seats 8. We're happy with it.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

hi, we are in same position, only certainly will be looking for very cheap second hand 4x4 for the 6 of us....

Is the auction option good? And if so where are the auctions in Perth?

OH is mechanically minded so no worries there, its the legal/ documentation stuff I have problems getting my head round...
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 8:07 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
hi, we are in same position, only certainly will be looking for very cheap second hand 4x4 for the 6 of us....

Is the auction option good? And if so where are the auctions in Perth?

OH is mechanically minded so no worries there, its the legal/ documentation stuff I have problems getting my head round...
I'd actually go with a (recommended) dealer or 2nd hand car lot. You would get a warranty of sorts and you would be able to push them on the price.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.