Reload this Page >

6 Weeeks later.....

6 Weeeks later.....

Old Jun 10th 2004, 11:16 am
Me, 2 kids and the wife

clevs is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking 6 Weeeks later.....

Hi everyone who remembers us..... 6 weeks into our new life

Well everything is going strong, bought new furniture for our new house we move into next Wednesday. Been staying with friends and they have been great. Renting for 6 months so that we can find some land and build. This is what we have decided to do.

Eldest already saying heaps (loads), lollies (sweets), and enjoying her school. Had a birthday party for her and loads of her new friends came, it was an eye openner.

Youngest getting a bit clingy, but she is going to daycare and having fun.

Totally enjoying everything we have done, our feet haven't really touched the ground, still buying stuff for our new house and enjoying that as well.

Getting lost but the UBD has been great...that is a must to anyone coming out here.

Not really missing "home" as we call it, starting to say the UK. Family was a bit crying everytime we spoke to them on line, that got on my nerves, but we have told them all nicely not to cry.

Already got visitors coming out in September....that will be fun.

Anyway will update again in a few months....

Clevs

Old Jun 10th 2004, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point

Fantastic to hear that everything is going well.

Keep in touch, it's great to hear from people who are there already....helps those of us that still have the big move to make.

I'm sooooo excited about it and we're not even planning to go 'til Feb next year!!!!!
Old Jun 10th 2004, 11:22 am
Me, 2 kids and the wife

Originally posted by Salli
Fantastic to hear that everything is going well.

Keep in touch, it's great to hear from people who are there already....helps those of us that still have the big move to make.

I'm sooooo excited about it and we're not even planning to go 'til Feb next year!!!!!

Thanks, you'll enjoy it like us I'm sure...............
Old Jun 10th 2004, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to hear things are all okay Clevs. its such a long and stressful `journey` glad to hear its well worth it!!
Old Jun 10th 2004, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to hear that things are working out for you all.

footie chick
Old Jun 10th 2004, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

It's nice to hear of someone settling in so well.

Whereabouts in Adelaide are you living? We have not much idea which areas are nice to be in....

We were thinking of using the 'meet & greet' service and the 3 months' temporary accommodation - any people's experiences on this would be welcome....
Old Jun 10th 2004, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Beware of meet and greet...some of our members at AdelaideBrits have not had good experience with them.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6 Weeeks later.....

Originally posted by clevs
Hi everyone who remembers us..... 6 weeks into our new life

Well everything is going strong, bought new furniture for our new house we move into next Wednesday. Been staying with friends and they have been great. Renting for 6 months so that we can find some land and build. This is what we have decided to do.

Eldest already saying heaps (loads), lollies (sweets), and enjoying her school. Had a birthday party for her and loads of her new friends came, it was an eye openner.

Youngest getting a bit clingy, but she is going to daycare and having fun.

Totally enjoying everything we have done, our feet haven't really touched the ground, still buying stuff for our new house and enjoying that as well.

Getting lost but the UBD has been great...that is a must to anyone coming out here.

Not really missing "home" as we call it, starting to say the UK. Family was a bit crying everytime we spoke to them on line, that got on my nerves, but we have told them all nicely not to cry.

Already got visitors coming out in September....that will be fun.

Anyway will update again in a few months....

Clevs

Hi 'Clevs'

What a positive post - good to read!

Nice to see you are settling in well to your new life - glad your eldest child is finding it easy to make new friends - very important, your youngest is bound to be a bit 'clingy' only natural.

Everything must be so exciting for you at the moment - good luck with your 'house building'

Nice to think you will be having 'guests' in September - bet you are looking forward to that!

Take care and keep posting - (if you can find the time)

Cheers
Old Jun 10th 2004, 1:51 pm

aidbish is an unknown quantity at this point

Good to hear everything going ok
Old Jun 10th 2004, 3:07 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

It's so nice for us 'not there yets' to hear such a positive post. builds up our confidence. I'm so glad things are going well for you.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Clevs,

So glad that you are settling into your new home. The youngest will take time but will soon settle once you get a routine going.

The shopping part sounds fun and I have been trying to get hubbie to leave sofa behind and buy new but no luck yet.

Everything is still the same round here, we are all doing the same things like we were before you left, (except me, at the moment I dont have a enough hours in the day).

Keep in touch and let us know how you are all going.

Take care

Mandy
Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:26 pm

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Clevs

Its nice to have some news from those that have just arrived in OZ!

I'm going to be dumb now but what is a UBD?

How are you finding the cost of things?

Nikki x
Old Jun 11th 2004, 11:21 am
Me, 2 kids and the wife

Originally posted by Olive101
It's nice to hear of someone settling in so well.

Whereabouts in Adelaide are you living? We have not much idea which areas are nice to be in....

We were thinking of using the 'meet & greet' service and the 3 months' temporary accommodation - any people's experiences on this would be welcome....
Hi Olive101 and everyone else who left a message

We are in the Hills of Adelaide and it over looks the city suberbs and ressie and then the sea. We have found that all the older houses are on the flat down in the suburbs we like it down there too. And then there is the beach Hallet Cove and Glenelg is very nice and very pricy, maybe when we have made our first Million!!!!!!!!!!!

The UBD is a map book, I think that every city has one $30.00 but is a must, helps me get about.

Don't know much about the meet and greet, we stayed with friends.

Thanks again for all your kind words.............

Lara
Old Jun 11th 2004, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Glad to hear its working out for you guys !

Keep in touch