Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

6 Nations Coverage in Oz

6 Nations Coverage in Oz

Old Feb 4th 2005, 1:33 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road
Default 6 Nations Coverage in Oz

Hello,

Does anyone know whether the 6 nations RFU is covered on free to air in Oz?

Cheers
Alistair
Old Feb 4th 2005, 1:56 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 6 Nations Coverage in Oz

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
Hello,

Does anyone know whether the 6 nations RFU is covered on free to air in Oz?

Cheers
Alistair
u r jokin aint ya.............................i'm gutted its no on the telly, but I am gonna watch it via some kind gentlemans webcam....grovel grovel

Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Don't bother with that rubbish. Watch some real rugby, of the 13-man variety.
One of the reasons why I can't wait to get to NSW on my travels - it's full of people who don't think yawnion is god's gift to rugby
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by biggy
u r jokin aint ya.............................i'm gutted its no on the telly, but I am gonna watch it via some kind gentlemans webcam....grovel grovel

Are you saying that it is no longer free to air in the UK? (This question is based on your "Location"; or are you now in Oz?)

Regards
Alistair
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by DianneH68
One of the reasons why I can't wait to get to NSW on my travels - it's full of people who don't think yawnion is god's gift to rugby
I'm not getting into that debate.

There was a time when league was boring, but when they started throwing the ball around a bit then it got more interesting (especially when Martin Offiah was involved).

Obviously union has obviously benefited from the fitness (found in league) since the deregulation.

So, back to the original question.

Regards
Alistair
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Aw go on. I love a bit of union baiting

I'm not getting into that debate.

Regards
Alistair
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Zebra4 is on a distinguished road

You'll be lucky to get the results on the sports bulletin.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:44 pm

Aw go on. I love a bit of union baiting
Ok. League was dead boring until Jonathan Davies turned up at Wigan and made the game more interesting (along with Offiah).

Obviously Union used to have its problem with fitness (being an amateur sport); but this has now changed since union became professional.

Personally I think the English kept this up until they had encouraged enough Welsh Union players to go ‘North’ to the point where they could beat Wales at the more interesting game.

Regards
Alistair
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Union was dead boring until.....oh, sorry, it still is
And it appears the England RU team have finally disocvered the superior skills of league, seeing as they freely admitted they had to learn how to catch and pass a ball properly (their words, not mine) during their recent training sessions with Leeds Rhinos.
And what did the Rhinos learn? To quote several players: "Well, England have a world-class kicking coach".
Says it all really

Ok. League was dead boring until Jonathan Davies turned up at Wigan and made the game more interesting (along with Offiah).

Obviously Union used to have its problem with fitness (being an amateur sport); but this has now changed since union became professional.

Personally I think the English kept this up until they had encouraged enough Welsh Union players to go ‘North’ to the point where they could beat Wales at the more interesting game.

Regards
Alistair
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:53 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Are you serious?. league is braindead rugby, an excuse of a sport, the crappiest sport on the planet (closely followed by AFL). Union is thinking mans rugby, the sport of kings
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Are you serious?. league is braindead rugby, an excuse of a sport, the crappiest sport on the planet (closely followed by AFL). Union is thinking mans rugby, the sport of kings
:scared: :scared: :scared:
See my post above
Old Feb 4th 2005, 3:05 pm

Union was dead boring until.....oh, sorry, it still is
And it appears the England RU team have finally disocvered the superior skills of league, seeing as they freely admitted they had to learn how to catch and pass a ball properly (their words, not mine) during their recent training sessions with Leeds Rhinos.
And what did the Rhinos learn? To quote several players: "Well, England have a world-class kicking coach".
Says it all really
Just after deregulation (in England) there were Union v League matches. The 2 matches showed that the league players were fitter but the union game was more technical (because the fitter *but unexperienced* team did not win).

Personally I find the 2 codes have different but endearing features (as does American football).

However, in my many travels around the UK, I found St Helens to be one of the most uninteresting places I went. I'm sorry for offending anyone from St Helens but that is just my opinion (you can slag off Pembrokeshire if you want).

Regards
Alistair

Last edited by kirsty&al; Feb 4th 2005 at 3:08 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just after deregulation (in England) there were Union v League matches. The 2 matches showed that the league players were fitter but the union game was more technical (because the fitter *but unexperienced* team did not win).

Personally I find the 2 codes have different but endearing features (as does American football).

However, in my many travels around the UK, I found St Helens to be one of the most uninteresting places I went. I'm sorry for offending anyone from St Helens but that is just my opinion (you can slag off Pembrokeshire if you want).

Regards
Alistair
I must admit the towns where RL is traditionally played are not exactly places you'd recommend to a tourist!
I'm from the RL heartland of Hull but am now living in sunny Surrey, sadly a bit too close for Twickenham for my liking :scared:
Old Feb 4th 2005, 3:20 pm

I must admit the towns where RL is traditionally played are not exactly places you'd recommend to a tourist!
I'm from the RL heartland of Hull but am now living in sunny Surrey, sadly a bit too close for Twickenham for my liking :scared:
I did cross the Humber Bridge once (I did some work for Kingston Telecom - for whom I have great respect, just because they didn't become part of BT).

I used to work in Twickenham which is reassuringly (from your point of view) part of Middlesex even though it is within the Borough of Richmond (in Surry).

Go Broncos! :maybe:

Cheers
Al.
PS: Anyone know if the 6 Nations is on ‘free to air’ TV in Oz.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

The whole boundary thing around Middx/Surrey is extremely odd.
But anyay, yes, go the Broncos. Will be getting to a few games this year I'm sure.
And don't worry if you can't get the Six Nations - the Rhinos v Bulldogs in the World Club Challenge is definitely live on Aussie TV tonight (GMT)

I used to work in Twickenham which is reassuringly (from your point of view) part of Middlesex even though it is within the Borough of Richmond (in Surry).

Go Broncos! :maybe:

Cheers
Al.
PS: Anyone know if the 6 Nations is on ‘free to air’ TV in Oz.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.