Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

6 months UK , 6 months Oz, flying Dogs to uk etc

6 months UK , 6 months Oz, flying Dogs to uk etc

Old Jul 15th 2012, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

treddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 6 months UK , 6 months Oz, flying Dogs to uk etc

I have lived in Melbourne for 12 years and am thinking of going back to London to be with family. Im single, 30s, no kids. I am considering doing 6 months in UK and coming back here over this way during uk winter. Plans are in the early stages and so Im just brainstrorming at this stage. Im a high school teacher so can work in both countries pretty easily. Has anyone else done or is doing this 6 months thing? Im wondering about logistics. I own a house in Melbourne so would probably rent it out for the six months, but Id be open to house swop as well, or have a house sitter in..............
I also have an eldery dog ( 12years) and she will be most likely be coming back with me to live in the UK. She will be staying there full time with family. Has anyone has experience with flying a pet that far? I know JetPets are supposed to be good, but it seems a very long way for them to be in the hold.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 11:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6 months UK , 6 months Oz, flying Dogs to uk etc

Just be aware... Some elderly dogs dont fly well.... There's no age limit... Just saying.....

As for the 6/6 thing.. Its the kind of thing older peeps appear to do, but no reason why you shouldnt try it yourself.... Though you are aware that the UK summer/good weather lasts only about 16 days each year arent you?

And yes, may be pretty easy to find work for you.... But it may not.... Especially when they know you will only be around for a few months each time..
Old Jul 16th 2012, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 6 months UK , 6 months Oz, flying Dogs to uk etc

As a teacher isn't this a bit backward when looking for work as you'd be in each country during the long summer holiday break?

I would also think finding work would also be difficult whern you are only around for a few months and this may not even match term times.