6 month update

Old Sep 17th 2006, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Location: UK to Crete, Back to UK and moved to Perth in March 2006 - yippee! Loving it!!!
adenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud of
Default 6 month update

Gooday!

We've been here in Perth for a little over 6 months and so far, so good.

We arrived here in March on the hottest day after leaving the UK with snow on the ground. Wow what a climate change! Now, 6 months later we feel we are just coming to the end of a mild and fairly dry Winter and have managed to get a few swims in, in our pool over the past week. We love it here.

We have managed to meet up with friends of old and have made many new friends too, including a few of you who helped us through those days back in the UK and Crete before we left. Our 5 year old daughter has such a social life going on its difficult to keep up with her!

Hubby was offered a job the day after we arrived on a self employed basis and it has gone well so far. I'm fortunate that I'm not having to work at the mo and am relishing the time with our daughter. I'm finding the time to cook meals and bake cakes with such fresh ingredients. I walk with a club once a week and every day I walk our daughter to and from school. I've even managed to lose a stone in weight but could still do with losing another!!!

We try to get out and about as much as we can at weekends and hubby tries to take one day off per week so that we can get things done without our little one in tow!

Of course, we miss our family and friends back in the UK and we've had a couple of tough calls - my father was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer and we are still awaiting results from a bone and mri scan. Our youngest son, 21 has left his partner and his 1 year old son and our eldest son decided to go back to Uni to study for an MA at Exeter. So its been a difficult month or so. We are not sure whether we will be rushing back to the UK in the next month or so to see if we can offer support.

So far, Australia has lived up to all our expectations and dreams.

I hope to give an update in another 6 months. Good luck to all those about to take the plunge and for those of you who helped us through it all.
Old Sep 17th 2006, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all
Default Re: 6 month update

Originally Posted by adenray
Gooday!

We arrived here in March on the hottest day after leaving the UK with snow on the ground. Wow what a climate change! Now, 6 months later we feel we are just coming to the end of a mild and fairly dry Winter and have managed to get a few swims in, in our pool over the past week. We love it here.

We have managed to meet up with friends of old and have made many new friends too, including a few of you who helped us through those days back in the UK and Crete before we left. Our 5 year old daughter has such a social life going on its difficult to keep up with her!

Hubby was offered a job the day after we arrived on a self employed basis and it has gone well so far. I'm fortunate that I'm not having to work at the mo and am relishing the time with our daughter. I'm finding the time to cook meals and bake cakes with such fresh ingredients. I walk with a club once a week and every day I walk our daughter to and from school. I've even managed to lose a stone in weight but could still do with losing another!!!

We try to get out and about as much as we can at weekends and hubby tries to take one day off per week so that we can get things done without our little one in tow!

Of course, we miss our family and friends back in the UK and we've had a couple of tough calls - my father was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer and we are still awaiting results from a bone and mri scan. Our youngest son, 21 has left his partner and his 1 year old son and our eldest son decided to go back to Uni to study for an MA at Exeter. So its been a difficult month or so. We are not sure whether we will be rushing back to the UK in the next month or so to see if we can offer support.

I hope to give an update in another 6 months. Good luck to all those about to take the plunge and for those of you who helped us through it all.
great to hear things are going good for you too
Old Sep 17th 2006, 9:44 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Gooday!

Glad you are enjoying your new life. Sorry to hear about your dad hope everything works out well.

All the best for the next 6 months and beyond.

Joex
Old Sep 17th 2006, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Glad that you are enjoying Perth, and hope that all goes well with your dad!
Old Sep 17th 2006, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold

Gooday!

Best of luck for the next 6 months and hope that your Dad will be okay.

Sue
Old Sep 17th 2006, 6:50 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=adenray]Gooday!

Great news/post, glad its going well.
Old Sep 17th 2006, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to hear that you're enjoying it, and good luck for your future life over there!

I'll hopefully be joining you at the end of the year.
Old Sep 17th 2006, 7:44 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely post, glad it's going well.

I hope all goes well with your father