Reload this Page >

6 month Holiday visa

6 month Holiday visa

Old Jun 9th 2002, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

Hussey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 6 month Holiday visa

Hi there
I want to apply in person to the Australian High Commission in London for a 6 month Long Stay visa
Does anyone know what actual documentation I need to take with me and provide ?

and or how complex / simple it is ?

I have visited and read the Australian High Commision site but still confused as to detail and specifics andwould very much appreciate confirmation of the paperwork and supporting documents / evidence I need to ensure a prompt and successfull application

all the best
Hussey
Old Jun 11th 2002, 2:21 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6 month Holiday visa

Not sure if you have visited the DIMIA website, but here's a link that may answer most of your questions:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/temp-whm.htm

Cheers,
Peter
Old Jun 13th 2002, 5:26 am
Just Joined

Hussey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Peter / et all

yep visited that site, unfortunately i'm over 30 ( 37 ) and not looking for a working holiday or that type of visa.

I have g/f in Australia and want to go and spend some time with her, ideally as long as possible. If as we hope things work out from there we will pursue the prospoective partner or spouse route visa.

a 3 Month ETA visa is fine but ideally i would like to know i have longer, so either an extended ETA visa or a fixed period longer holiday visa seems the best options

I hoped someone had had similar experiences or knowledge and could help by advising on what actual paperwork and documentatiion you need and how likely of success I might be

all the best
Hussey
Old Jun 13th 2002, 6:43 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Hussey,

While I haven't done something like what you're planning, the ETA FAQ actually mentions that an ETA is valid for multiple-entries. An ETA is also valid for a year from the date of application. The FAQ also mentions a scenario where a trip to NZ is planned. Perhaps you could explore that possibility. That sounds like the most paperless way of doing things in your case, and it's legal.

http://www.eta.immi.gov.au/ETAInfoFAQEn.html

Cheers,
Peter

Originally posted by Hussey
a 3 Month ETA visa is fine but ideally i would like to know i have longer, so either an extended ETA visa or a fixed period longer holiday visa seems the best options
Old Jun 13th 2002, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

ywoods is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya Hussey,

If you have a 12 month multi visit visa, you can stay for a maximum of 3
months, then you can for instance go to New Zealand for a week then go back
to Aus for another 3 months?!?!?!??!

Just an idea and it is all above board.

The other option is to ask to extend your visa via the immigration dept in
Aus.... not something I know ANYTHING about, but I have heard of success
stories.

Good luck

Yvonne
Old Jun 17th 2002, 4:14 pm
Jeanie

I heard that form '601' was to allow for an extended stay, and that one would have to
show they had enough money to support themselves for the time they would be here. I
believe $1000Aus/mo was mentioned as being the amount considered acceptable. "Hussey"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi there I want to apply in person to the Australian High Commission in London for
    > a 6 month Long Stay visa Does anyone know what actual documentation I need to take
    > with me and provide ?
    >
    > and or how complex / simple it is ?
    >
    > I have visited and read the Australian High Commision site but still confused as to
    > detail and specifics andwould very much appreciate confirmation of the paperwork
    > and supporting documents / evidence I need to ensure a prompt and successfull
    > application
    >
    >
    > all the best Hussey
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > izzy knight
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com