Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

6 day Trip to Queensland from Perth

6 day Trip to Queensland from Perth

Old Jun 28th 2008, 4:08 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Smile 6 day Trip to Queensland from Perth

Hi all

We've been in Perth now for 2 years and have decided to have look at Queensland, my hubby has an aunt in Ormeau, near the gold coast i think, so the plan is for me to fly out 11th July for 6 days and take a look around. Dont know if you can help but 6 days isnt long so going to need to do as much looking as poss in that time. I really want a quick look at gold coast and sunshine coast, just to give me a brief idea what its like, im a full believer in first impressions. Given the time span where would you say good places are to look to give me an idea, i know it a big place but you know what i mean, im going to look at currumbin and coomera which has been recommended and also up to sunshine coast, someone mentioned Maroochydore, cash is very very tight for us so that would be one of the main factors of where we end up living,,, Hopefully i can type myself up an itinary of recommendations, everyones opinions are different i know, but im going in blind so any help much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 28th 2008, 9:54 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 6 day Trip to Queensland from Perth

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi all

We've been in Perth now for 2 years and have decided to have look at Queensland, my hubby has an aunt in Ormeau, near the gold coast i think, so the plan is for me to fly out 11th July for 6 days and take a look around. Dont know if you can help but 6 days isnt long so going to need to do as much looking as poss in that time. I really want a quick look at gold coast and sunshine coast, just to give me a brief idea what its like, im a full believer in first impressions. Given the time span where would you say good places are to look to give me an idea, i know it a big place but you know what i mean, im going to look at currumbin and coomera which has been recommended and also up to sunshine coast, someone mentioned Maroochydore, cash is very very tight for us so that would be one of the main factors of where we end up living,,, Hopefully i can type myself up an itinary of recommendations, everyones opinions are different i know, but im going in blind so any help much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Hi Dawn

what is it you and hubby do for a living....this would have an influence on where in Qld u base yourselves
Old Jun 28th 2008, 11:11 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

[
we are moving to the sunshine coast from WA,a friend of ours is also heading back there ,Caboolture has reasonable prices but it is inland from the coast
Old Jun 28th 2008, 11:18 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Catch
[
we are moving to the sunshine coast from WA,a friend of ours is also heading back there ,Caboolture has reasonable prices but it is inland from the coast
Hi Biggy, hubby is a mechanic but currently servicing and repairing plant in the mines, ill do anything, hairdresser by trade but worked in sales now for a few years so with Trades, i presume gold coast area or surrounds would be better?? hopefully he wont have too much of a problem, he wants to set up on his own really, he specilalises in landrovers

Hi Catch,

ill def look at Caboolture, it is lovely being near the coast but we dont go as often as we did.....so happy to look anywhere really, i will put in on my list, thanks for that, prob is the closer the coast the more expensive so prob end up inland to a certain extent, thanks for that
Old Jun 28th 2008, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Coomera is 12 - 15 mins from Ormeau. used to live in Ormeau and liked it there very much. Currently back in Upper Coomera.

Hairdressing $20ph max in a salon.

If that's of any use to you.
Old Jun 28th 2008, 1:07 pm
From Perth to Queensland.

lyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant future

Must take a look at Mooloolaba - just beautiful x
Old Jun 28th 2008, 2:12 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

My Husband is an electrical mechanical engineer. The majority of work in this area will be found close to Brisbane. Gold Coast suburbs are around an hours commute away.

Does he want to start his own Landrover business? Cool!.....my other half is a bit fanatical about them too

Another thing to consider is whether you are beach or Bush people :0)

Not much help, but a few points to consider.

Good Luck with your trip :0)
Old Jun 28th 2008, 2:16 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jan3kids
My Husband is an electrical mechanical engineer. The majority of work in this area will be found close to Brisbane. Gold Coast suburbs are around an hours commute away.

Does he want to start his own Landrover business? Cool!.....my other half is a bit fanatical about them too

Hey Jan where in Herts were you?
Old Jun 28th 2008, 2:39 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Hi Jan, thanks for that, Rich is a Landrover Mechanic hes been doing it for years......so tell your hubbie to look out for him were beach people i suppose but love nice scenery.....I also came from herts ways, lived in hertford/ware/stansted abbotts... how are you finding it there? where abouts have you settle in GC?
Old Jun 29th 2008, 1:46 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 6 day Trip to Queensland from Perth

Hello Guys *Jan waves*

PaulandNic:We were in Hoddesdon on the 'Hundred Acre' Estate.......so not too far from Stansted Abbotts :0)! My Husband grew up in Cheshunt, myself in Enfield.

We have been on the Gold Coast for nearly 2 years now, after having been in Adelaide for 2 years. I found the move Interstate pretty hard going, as I'd taken a good while to feel settled in Adelaide and had made some pretty good friends there too. We are not far from Pacific Pines, in an older suburb which has older properties (with a homely feel!) on bigger blocks....feels like home now :0)

Rob has been into car servicing and repairs since he was around 10.....and had his first Land Rover experience around 20. He generally does his own repairs and has looked at buying 4WD businesses in the past....Rob just wanted to know if Rich had any leads on where to source good cheap Landrover Spares??

We run two Discoveries at the moment a 300tdi and a td5....but Rob has his sights on either a new Defender, Series 3 or a Range Rover/ Land Rover Sport *Jan rolls eyes* lol!.....just not sure which bank to rob I humour him...it keeps him happy :0)

Must cut you short as we are setting off to 'Land Cruiser Park' 2 hours North of Brisbane early tommorrow.....and need to get to bed (like 2 hours ago lol!).

Keep in touch (both Dawn and Paulnic)

Jan
Old Jun 29th 2008, 2:44 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Hello Guys *Jan waves*

PaulandNic:We were in Hoddesdon on the 'Hundred Acre' Estate.......so not too far from Stansted Abbotts :0)! My Husband grew up in Cheshunt, myself in Enfield.

We have been on the Gold Coast for nearly 2 years now, after having been in Adelaide for 2 years. I found the move Interstate pretty hard going, as I'd taken a good while to feel settled in Adelaide and had made some pretty good friends there too. We are not far from Pacific Pines, in an older suburb which has older properties (with a homely feel!) on bigger blocks....feels like home now :0)

Rob has been into car servicing and repairs since he was around 10.....and had his first Land Rover experience around 20. He generally does his own repairs and has looked at buying 4WD businesses in the past....Rob just wanted to know if Rich had any leads on where to source good cheap Landrover Spares??

We run two Discoveries at the moment a 300tdi and a td5....but Rob has his sights on either a new Defender, Series 3 or a Range Rover/ Land Rover Sport *Jan rolls eyes* lol!.....just not sure which bank to rob I humour him...it keeps him happy :0)

Must cut you short as we are setting off to 'Land Cruiser Park' 2 hours North of Brisbane early tommorrow.....and need to get to bed (like 2 hours ago lol!).

Jan
Jan!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry not read the rest of your message yet!!! i had a house on hundread acre with my ex hubbie, tunfield road, looking over cranbourne!!!!! how spooky!!!
Old Jun 29th 2008, 2:47 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Jan!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry not read the rest of your message yet!!! i had a house on hundread acre with my ex hubbie, tunfield road, looking over cranbourne!!!!! how spooky!!!
Jan Rich dosnt have any contacts at mo, only over here in perth, get rob to go on that site i pm'd you though, they are really helpful with stuff like that!! cant believe you lived in hoddesdon, have to pm you, i used to work in the Bores head pub! and still have friends there, ahh i do miss barclay park and the market!

all the best,

Dawn
Old Jul 1st 2008, 7:05 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all

Thanks in advance
Hi Dawn - It's me I am interested in this thread too as we are compiling a list of Gold Coast places to look round.

Hello Guys *Jan waves*

Jan
Hi Jan - I'm another one in Hoddesdon, Rosehill Close at top of Lord Street. I am still here though and moving to GC initially 23rd Oct. Lived in Ware before that. I will say hello to Barclay Park for you all

Jan Rich dosnt have any contacts at mo, only over here in perth, get rob to go on that site i pm'd you though, they are really helpful with stuff like that!! cant believe you lived in hoddesdon, have to pm you, i used to work in the Bores head pub! and still have friends there, ahh i do miss barclay park and the market!

all the best,

Dawn
Have just taken the dog out for a walk in Barclay Park and it is sunny and hot here for a change See you over in Queensland hopefully x
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 1:45 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Hi all...hi Nicky!!

Well just a quicky, spent sometime at a friends yesterday whos been really helpful....shes given me a list of areas to look at...she got all her maps out bless her to give me more of an idea, ive made some lovely friends here...anyway, ill pop on here later tonight and jot down what i have so far...and when i get back ill let you know what my personal opinion is.... just on my way out...im really excited now but a bit scared being on my own!! might end up in Darwin, not that theirs anything wrong with Darwin

Bye for now,

Me xx
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 4:29 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all...hi Nicky!!

Well just a quicky, spent sometime at a friends yesterday whos been really helpful....shes given me a list of areas to look at...she got all her maps out bless her to give me more of an idea, ive made some lovely friends here...anyway, ill pop on here later tonight and jot down what i have so far...and when i get back ill let you know what my personal opinion is.... just on my way out...im really excited now but a bit scared being on my own!! might end up in Darwin, not that theirs anything wrong with Darwin

Bye for now,

Me xx
I think you might notice if you are in Darwin, its a long drive!!!
I started writing a list of areas, both Gold and Sunshine last night, that I have found from recommendations on here, so we will be busy when we first get there too. You will have a great time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.