Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

6 day Trip to Queensland from Perth

6 day Trip to Queensland from Perth

Old Jul 2nd 2008, 1:04 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6 day Trip to Queensland from Perth

Originally Posted by Dawn
Jan!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry not read the rest of your message yet!!! i had a house on hundread acre with my ex hubbie, tunfield road, looking over cranbourne!!!!! how spooky!!!
OMG! OMG! OMG!!

You were prob neighbours with one of my best friend lol! My kids went to school at Cranbourne. We were in Champions Green (2 roads away from you )

We are shattered here and going to bed as we've been away camping for a few days. I will P.M you soon :0)

How weird lol!
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

mydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nice

Hi seen Caboolture mentioned in this thread, its an area i am looking into.

Can anyone tell me the distance to the coast. (and any other info???!)

Thanks

Darren
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 12:56 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Hi all, Darren ive seen this area mentioned a few times, im interested in any info too

Anyway guys here the list i have so far, from different people i may add..... so prob some good, some maybe not soo good..any feedback would be good once ive decided where im going to look ill have to work it all out on the map so im not driving up and down

Here goes...my spellings may not all be correct!!!

Gold Coast/Surrounds

Mount Tamborine
Burleigh Heads
Miami
Palm Beach
Elenora (my friends favorite!)
Benowa (spelling ?)
Coolangatta
Coomera

Then picked up these areas on expats but know nothing about them:

Bundall
Robina
Pacific Pines
Redcliffe
Scarborough
Bayside
Hinterland

Sunshine Coast/Surrounds

Mallolabar
Maroochydore
Pomana
Mountain Creek
Pelican Waters
Kawan Island
Caloundra
Pergian

Anyway, anyone who has the time let me know what you think, ive only got 6 days so may not be sleeping much

Thanks in advance

Dawn xx
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

jimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to all

Hi all, Darren ive seen this area mentioned a few times, im interested in any info too

Anyway guys here the list i have so far, from different people i may add..... so prob some good, some maybe not soo good..any feedback would be good once ive decided where im going to look ill have to work it all out on the map so im not driving up and down

Gold Coast/Surrounds

Mount Tamborine
Burleigh Heads
Miami
Palm Beach
Benowa (spelling ?)
Coolangatta
Coomera

Bundall
Robina
Pacific Pines
Redcliffe
Scarborough
Bayside
Hinterland

Sunshine Coast/Surrounds

Mallolabar
Maroochydore
Pomana
Mountain Creek
Pelican Waters
Kawan Island
Caloundra
Pergian

Anyway, anyone who has the time let me know what you think, ive only got 6 days so may not be sleeping much

Thanks in advance

Dawn xx
Hi Dawn, well that is a big list !!! a lot of driving so I would suggest you get a gps navigator thingy so you don't waste a lot of time looking at maps !
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 1:23 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Jimmy,,,ive got one so hopefully wont be needing to maps too often LOL. Yeah im going to narrow the list when i get some feedback on areas maybe not to bother with too much

Thanks for that
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 1:34 am
From Perth to Queensland.

lyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant future

Gold Coast/Surrounds

Mount Tamborine
Burleigh Heads
Miami
Palm Beach
Benowa (spelling ?)
Coolangatta
Coomera

Bundall
Robina
Pacific Pines
Redcliffe
Scarborough
Bayside
Hinterland

Sunshine Coast/Surrounds

Mallolabar
Maroochydore
Pomana
Mountain Creek
Pelican Waters
Kawan Island
Caloundra
Pergian

Thanks in advance

Dawn xx
Hi Dawn sorry not had a chance to reply to your PM we have just booked and are off for our rekkie during the school hols - Mooloolaba is about 2.5 hrs from Currumbin its the Sunshine Coast - Pelican Waters is also very nice - check out the Currumbin Valley too whilst you are there - wow your gonna be busy !Have a great time -look fwd to hearing all your news on your return
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

Theweekshousehold is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone seems to have said the right things. We where heading to Perth Originally (too expensive) and then Caboolture (but where warned off it by so many people) and headed a bit north in Caloundra and we love it here the houses are more expensive than we thought but lots to do with kids, schools good We also looked at the Gold Coast but deiced we would rather visit as a holiday than live there.

My husband is an Electrician and most of the work is in Brisbane so we have considered moving closer but cannot leave this place. Caloundra seems to be in a bit of a boom, they where looking at building a new hospital and Sports Stadium but its been put on hold for a year. They are also building a Water Park where Ozzie world is and there are lots being done to the roads on the way in so i think its heading Gold Coast way

I don't think they mentioned Maleny.....you must go up there even for a visit its mind blowing.

You have probably been already.

If you need a tour Guide when you get to Caloundra let me know....can do it in a hour....the beaches are all so close together.....

Did you say if you had children,......
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mydearboy1

Thanks

Darren

Its about 20mins from Bribie Island. We where going to live there but where warned off. Do you have children. North Lakes is supposed to be very nice lots of britts there. Are you still in Oz or in UK
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 2:00 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Hi ya,

Caloundra sounds great, i havent been anywhere, been in Perth 2 years now but been itching to look at Queensland, i hoping this short trip will sway me one way or the other, think i know which way already though I have a 7 year old, my 19 year old arrive on monday from the Uk, my 21 year old has just gone off travelling, really its the 7 year old i need to think about as the others will be off doing there own things. Need to narrow my list down and stick to the basics, not sure what the basics are though!!! will def take a look where you are it sounds fab!!!!

Thanks so much
x

Last edited by Dawn; Jul 3rd 2008 at 2:04 am.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

Thanks

Darren

Its about 20mins from Bribie Island. We where going to live there but where warned off. Do you have children. North Lakes is supposed to be very nice lots of britts there. Are you still in Oz or in UK. We are up in Caloundra and its great let me know what you do for a living etc and may be able to help in different ways
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

mydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Theweekshousehold
Its about 20mins from Bribie Island. We where going to live there but where warned off. Do you have children. North Lakes is supposed to be very nice lots of britts there. Are you still in Oz or in UK. We are up in Caloundra and its great let me know what you do for a living etc and may be able to help in different ways
Hi still in the UK, just starting process, hope to be working for queensland health as an occupational therapist, next year. Why were you warned off? North lakes and all surrounding areas is where i have been looking at.
Old Jul 5th 2008, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Hi still in the UK, just starting process, hope to be working for queensland health as an occupational therapist, next year. Why were you warned off? North lakes and all surrounding areas is where i have been looking at.
can i email you direct im sure there are lots of people with different opinions on Caboolture but our neightbours are social workers and have first hand exp............i will say wot has been said....its strange cause no one said ahy to stay away i asked and asked turn out a close friend was visiting family up here and said we where looking at Caboolture and was advised to look into carefully especially if you have children...
Occaptional Theraphy,,,,,excellent something i would love to do started studying before we left to go back & do Midwifery or OT but cannot afford it now we are out here, looking at doing Occ Health and Safety as pretty good money and can study from home...

Anyway good luck...just to let you know they are planning on building a new hospital in Kawana in the next yr or two.

If you need help let me know...
Old Jul 5th 2008, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Hi ya,

Caloundra sounds great, i havent been anywhere, been in Perth 2 years now but been itching to look at Queensland, i hoping this short trip will sway me one way or the other, think i know which way already though I have a 7 year old, my 19 year old arrive on monday from the Uk, my 21 year old has just gone off travelling, really its the 7 year old i need to think about as the others will be off doing there own things. Need to narrow my list down and stick to the basics, not sure what the basics are though!!! will def take a look where you are it sounds fab!!!!

Thanks so much
x
Caloundra is lovely we stumbled on it and love it....my sister is in perth we where going there firstly but was a bit expensive...turns out about the same here although they predict the largest growth in Aus so fingers crossed my sister loves Perth and would not move but she says Caloundra is what you imagine Aus to be......Dicky Beach like summer bay with its caravan park........surf club......

You cannot go wrong from Caloundra to Moololabah..Maroocydore....Perigian Springs......oh Maleny i suppose being welsh i fell in love with it,,,,want to live near the beach but its like a welcome in the hillside when i drive there, not that i have lived in Wales for 20 odd yrs,,,,its mind blowing...Glass house mountains are fab tooo......

Good luck it will be interesting to see what you prefer....it seems there is a bigger british community in perth than here but i think that will change, we havent made friends with many brits we wanted to intergrate and I think the Aussies find us amusing,,,,,they say things like we brought white man flu etc etc makes me laugh,,its all in jest but i suppose its true......and being welsh i say things like you alright,,,and they assume i think they are ill ......i keep saying its a welsh things,,,have to say love the Aussie they are very upbeat,,,and positive...
Old Aug 4th 2008, 3:57 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Hi all,

Just to update you and thank you all for your help before i popped over to Queensland for look.

Well i went over for the 6 days and ive never done so much driving! I went as far up as Noosa and down as far as Currumbin, my little sat nav was a life saver! My opinion overall is that I really liked Queensland, from what I saw anyway. I fell in love with the Sunshine Coast, in particular Noosa my OH has been offered a job working with his uncle, he lives in Ormeau, which is Gold Coast but works towards Brisbane, so were going to start there, seems silly not to except the job offer, then see what happens from there when we have more time to look around, I quite like Madgeeraba (keep forgetting how to spell it ) which is near Robina, this had a village feel about it but not to far from the coast....Surfers was what I expected really and not really our sort off thing, but great to know its there if you want it, same with the theme parks. What I did like were the markets!!! shopping, longer trading hours, warmer in the winter, although the summer may be a struggle for me! and the fact its only 2 hours away from the sunshine coast which i thought was breathtaking!!!! an hours flight to Sydney, 2 to melbourne ect! not that we will be travelling much but I did find you had the choice

I do want to get settled asap as have our 7 year old to think about but dont want to rush into making any decisions, i have pros and cons of moving to the sunshine coast, which is where my heart is and if richs uncle worked there I would be over the moon, saying that 6 days isnt long enough to make any long term decisions so were just going to see how it goes, oh Mount Tamborine was beautiful!!!!! it was so nice to see hills and greenery, didnt realise how much I missed it, and coffee shops and bars open in the evening and the hussle and bussle is there if you want it too.

Saying all this, ive come back to Perth and now feel really scared, think ive kind of got settled in my own little world and scared of moving again, the beaches are so lovely here in Perth, we went to Mullaloo yesterday and it was so lovely!! Ive always wanted a bit more but now the chance is there im a bit scared! natural I suppose, and if for some reason it doesn't work out over there we can always come back

Were just finishing off some bits on the house then putting it up for sale, could take a month could take 12!!! just have to wait and see

Anyway thats it in a nutshell........scary and exciting times ahead

Bye for now and thanks once again for all your advice

Dawn xx
Old Aug 4th 2008, 8:50 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you enjoyed your trip Dawn
It's only natural to have worries about moving and all that comes with it, but seeing as you like it, you should give it a try. Your youngest is still young enough to move without too much drama and like you say, if you don't settle you can come back to Perth
Best of luck with your decision, see you soon,
Tracey x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.