Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

6 cats to Sydney...

6 cats to Sydney...

Old Mar 7th 2009, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

packet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 6 cats to Sydney...

Are we correct in estimating £10,000 to take our 6 cats with us from LHR to Sydney?
Old Mar 7th 2009, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 6 cats to Sydney...

thats a bit pricey, i have 1612.00 for 2 cats from LHR to melbourne which would mean for 6 probably 5 grand. As far as quarantine, i have 500 pounds for the two cats all inclusive at spotswood for pick up, checks, vaccines and 30 days food, so again you would be looking at about 1500 quid.

So if I were you id be shopping around, any more than 6500 raises eyebrows. Have you spoken to airpets at LHR?
Old Mar 7th 2009, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light

oh unless sorry you are including you and parnet in that. Youd still get a cheap one way x 2 tickets for about 500 quid at the moment, check www.moneysupermarket.com

reckon you could do the whole lot for 8k, 6 cats + quarantine plus 2 one way flights.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 4:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sherro
thats a bit pricey, i have 1612.00 for 2 cats from LHR to melbourne which would mean for 6 probably 5 grand. As far as quarantine, i have 500 pounds for the two cats all inclusive at spotswood for pick up, checks, vaccines and 30 days food, so again you would be looking at about 1500 quid.

So if I were you id be shopping around, any more than 6500 raises eyebrows. Have you spoken to airpets at LHR?
Sherro - is that £1,600 plus a further £500 for both cats? Eeeek....

It is a long way off for me but will be bringing two cats when I come.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 8:34 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by packet
Are we correct in estimating £10,000 to take our 6 cats with us from LHR to Sydney?
Have you checked that your local council permits you to keep 6 cats? Some do not, some limit it to 3.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 8:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Have you checked that your local council permits you to keep 6 cats? Some do not, some limit it to 3.
And rentals
Old Mar 7th 2009, 8:39 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
And rentals
Dangerous I know but I had assumed the OP had considered that and is maybe buying straight away but yes, worth mentioning.

We managed to get one with 3 but were severely limited in our choices.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 11:39 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw on the news - think it was Joondalup in Perth, that the councils are now bringing in restrictions on cats - going out at night or something like that.

Must read up on it. I dont have to worry as mine is an indoor cat, but I cant imagine too many owners of outdoor cats being made to keep their cats in at night.

Although I am in support of it personally.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

LauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by packet
It cost us 1800 pounds to bring our 2 cats over from Edinburgh to Eastern Creek quarantine. Then I think about 300 pounds for 30 days in quarantine and $184 for Jet Pets to fly them up to Brisbane. We went with Pet Travel Services (www.pettravelservices.co.uk) but they are based in Scotland so not sure if this will be of any help to you.

We are in Queensland and the council has info on keeping cats on their web site - http://www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/t_standard.aspx?PID=393

Laura
Old Mar 8th 2009, 7:46 am
Just Joined

packet is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for your replies.