Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

5th Dec Manchester to Brisbane

5th Dec Manchester to Brisbane

Old Nov 11th 2005, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all
Default 5th Dec Manchester to Brisbane

Any one else flying Emirates that day? we've got some flight's on hold till we find out how we get this extra baggage allowance?

Anyone give us any advise please.

thanks
paula.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

sherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nice
Default Re: 5th Dec Manchester to Brisbane

Originally Posted by cantwait
Any one else flying Emirates that day? we've got some flight's on hold till we find out how we get this extra baggage allowance?

thanks
paula.

Hi Paula,
Great to hear you're about to book your flights Paula!!
I'd phone Emirates head office and speak to a manager/ highest person you can and try and get double baggage allowance...we came via Malaysian Airlines on a very cheap fare so they wouldn't budge but you might be lucky, especially if you tell them you are not booking the flight if they won't give it to you.
All the best for your move,
Sherie
Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sherie_in_oz
Hi Paula,
Great to hear you're about to book your flights Paula!!
I'd phone Emirates head office and speak to a manager/ highest person you can and try and get double baggage allowance...we came via Malaysian Airlines on a very cheap fare so they wouldn't budge but you might be lucky, especially if you tell them you are not booking the flight if they won't give it to you.
All the best for your move,
Sherie
Hi Sherie.

How r u doing, what part of Oz are you in now.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

sherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nice

Hi Sherie.

How r u doing, what part of Oz are you in now.

Hi Paula,

Not been on BExps for a while but we are at our rellies in Melbourne so one big advantage is free internet for however long we like!!
haven't sold our house in the UK yet, so free accommodation here is very handy.
Anyway ...hopin to have another look at S. QLD in the next couple of weeks.
Have sent u a PM
All the best
Sherie
xx
Old Nov 11th 2005, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

vikk will become famous soon enoughvikk will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: 5th Dec Manchester to Brisbane

Hiya Paula, I have just got your pm. Congratulations!!!!!!!! I wondered what all that screaming was!!! You woke me up"!!!!

I only got 75 kilos which was more than normal but I phoned the emirates head office to confirm what my travel agent had said. As Sherrie said they are VERY strict with the baggage. I had to remove loads of extra things from my case even though I had weighed it all on the bathroom scales before I left. I think airport scales are a bit meaner!!!

When you call emirates ask them how you can sign up to their skywards programme as you can get a bonus 3,000 or 5,000 miles each including the kids. I'd give you their number but I have long lost it. Take care, slooking forward to seeing you soon x

Hi Sherrie, hope your ok, x
Old Nov 11th 2005, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
paula.

Its mixed info really, 'our' experience is that we was told we had to get the ok from Emirates first and then ensure that the 40k was stated on our tickets.

If you have young children I would also recommend taking some extra food, we ordered children's meals....we found the breakfasts crap! other than that the main meals, flight & staff were good.

Sue