Old Oct 26th 2004, 7:56 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 500,000

Sorry, I should've consider the one-fingered typists of the world out there ... Make it a "Caps Lock", that covers everyone.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 7:57 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Sorry, I should've consider the one-fingered typists of the world out there ... Make it a "Caps Lock", that covers everyone.
But surely this isn't a left-handed web site?
Old Oct 26th 2004, 7:59 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wmoore
But surely this isn't a left-handed web site?
I didn't get where I am today visiting left-handed web-sites

In any case all websites should be capable of being surfed one-handed ...
Old Oct 26th 2004, 8:03 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Now now guys, play nice maybe the op really wants so serious advice .

I personally don't think it is a good idea to buy anything straight away rental investment or permanant home. A large % of our lump sum will remain in shares and a high interest account in the UK for the first 6 months, during which time we will rent and have a good look around. We have been to WA 3 times and will be spending this Christmas and New Year out there so we have a pretty good idea of where we want to live. We want to get a little street wise and be certain that we choose the right area to settle in before we part with any large sums of cash.

Welcome Dave and good luck, don't be put off by this mad lots' sense of humour they really are a great bunch, stick around and you'll get loads of help and excellent advice.
Kind regards
ACE
Old Oct 26th 2004, 9:02 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
I didn't get where I am today visiting left-handed web-sites

In any case all websites should be capable of being surfed one-handed ...

Makes you wonder what the boys might be doing with their right hands? :scared:
Old Oct 26th 2004, 9:07 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyb
Makes you wonder what the boys might be doing with their right hands? :scared:

He he he !!!!!!!!!!!!

Donna.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

me thinks this guy is one sandwich short of a picnic! I mean, 500k get real!
Old Oct 26th 2004, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimtrish
me thinks this guy is one sandwich short of a picnic! I mean, 500k get real!
Yeah I get your drift.......

Good fun had by all on this thread though!
Old Oct 26th 2004, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

avroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really nice

$500,000: then $47,000,000. I think I'd have a beer first!
Old Oct 26th 2004, 10:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave english
hello all

when we land in oz we will have 500k in oz dollars just wondering what people would do, ie buy rental place, buy house with no mortgage. any ideas would be very welcome.
Get a mortage in many areas that would buy diddly squat.

Watch out for those friendly aussis tho talking like that they'll have you fleeced faster than a sheep.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

Depending on where you are moving to, you can get a pretty good house in most areas for half of that. Other than the Sydney areas!! Buy a house for around $300,000 and invest the rest.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 10:41 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

hello all

when we land in oz we will have 500k in oz dollars just wondering what people would do, ie buy rental place, buy house with no mortgage. any ideas would be very welcome.
FWIW...

You don't say which city/area you're headed to - your tactic may need to be different, depending on that.

If you haven't been to that city before & aren't sure where you'd like to live, best plan is probably to rent for say 6 months until you get to know the place. In some Aus cities the rental market is tight & you can haggle on the price. The interest on your cash should go a long way towards paying the rent (you can get 5.3% here). Also there are those here saying that the house prices are set to drop: I'm not sure about that, but certainly in many areas of Melbourne, the market has softened and vendors are more open to offers.

Good luck!
Cheers,
Anya.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 10:49 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

hello all

Don't want to wind anyone up but We will be going with a lot more than that.

I would also like similar answers and have posted this before.

Before anyone has a dig, I am probably 25 years older than most on here.
What is that worth?

Would you swap?

I do not know what to do for the best.

As most will realise my money is the end result of paying a mortgage for the past 25 years and from having several years when the kids had grown up and left home.

Best wishes

G
Old Oct 26th 2004, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

fictionalsummer will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: 500,000

hello all

hav'nt a clue what you should do with that kind of cash but dont take no notice of this bunch of jealous gits, good luck mate and enjoy...
Old Oct 26th 2004, 10:58 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Don't want to wind anyone up but We will be going with a lot more than that.

I would also like similar answers and have posted this before.

Before anyone has a dig, I am probably 25 years older than most on here.
What is that worth?

Would you swap?

I do not know what to do for the best.

As most will realise my money is the end result of paying a mortgage for the past 25 years and from having several years when the kids had grown up and left home.

Best wishes

G
Hi G,
I don't think people should get wound up because others are going with a lot of money. At the end of the day we all want to do what is best for our families and make the right choices no matter how much or how little money we have. Advice should be for all not just those going with less than x amount.

All the best G, enjoy every cent of your money mate

ACE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.