Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

5 weeks in and an offer on the house!!

5 weeks in and an offer on the house!!

Old Mar 27th 2005, 2:43 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default 5 weeks in and an offer on the house!!

I am in a strange situation, we have had an offer on the house-a pretty good one too, but I feel like I cant jump up and down cos it will curse us....they have no chain, we have no chain, are we REALLY looking at being in perth in 3 months after nearly 2 years of faffing about? I feel like a party pooper, not wanting to have fun and join in the celebrations because I'm scared and yet I wanna rip off my clothes screaming THIS IS IT!! to anyone that will listen, any suggestions as to the best course of action.....
Old Mar 27th 2005, 2:53 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 weeks in and an offer on the house!!

Originally Posted by squeezzii
I am in a strange situation, we have had an offer on the house-a pretty good one too, but I feel like I cant jump up and down cos it will curse us....they have no chain, we have no chain, are we REALLY looking at being in perth in 3 months after nearly 2 years of faffing about? I feel like a party pooper, not wanting to have fun and join in the celebrations because I'm scared and yet I wanna rip off my clothes screaming THIS IS IT!! to anyone that will listen, any suggestions as to the best course of action.....
Jump up and down and enjoy. You never know it could go pear shaped but you still have to enjoy these moments when they happen.

Good luck Fraser
Old Mar 27th 2005, 3:13 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fraser
Jump up and down and enjoy. You never know it could go pear shaped but you still have to enjoy these moments when they happen.

Good luck Fraser
cheers fraser,its wierd cos we've wanted to be in this position so long and I cant let go in case it does turn pear shaped I feel like I cant accept anything till it's all signed sealed delivered, if I knew it was gonna go without a hitch I'd be over the moon but I guess it'll work out for the best eh? fingers crossed
Old Mar 27th 2005, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

sue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura about

Jump up and down and sell the house. I have had my visa since November and can't sell. I am now on my third buyer and I am praying that they don't pull out this time because I am flying to Brisbane on the 28th April.

Good luck

Sue
Old Mar 27th 2005, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Hi,
well jump up and down and shout all you want on here, just don't break your computer!!!

you have the ideal set up no chain- fab, sending you karma

Good luck Chris
Old Mar 27th 2005, 4:18 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
Hi,
well jump up and down and shout all you want on here, just don't break your computer!!!

you have the ideal set up no chain- fab, sending you karma

Good luck Chris
Cheers for your positive thoughts everyone I'm gonna be postive thanks again natalie
Old Mar 27th 2005, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

I know exactly how you feel but we have been let down that many times We don't want it going t**s up, but we have a survey on Thursday their mortgage has been approved subject to it. They have sold there house so it should all go through quickly, but and it is a big but, we could still lose it until contracts are signed.

But I have taken a big chance and handed my notice in. :scared: :scared:

God it feels so real now

Good luck and hope everything goes through smoothly for you.

Last edited by Dicko; Mar 27th 2005 at 4:39 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 10:16 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

Originally Posted by Dicko
I know exactly how you feel but we have been let down that many times We don't want it going t**s up, but we have a survey on Thursday their mortgage has been approved subject to it. They have sold there house so it should all go through quickly, but and it is a big but, we could still lose it until contracts are signed.

But I have taken a big chance and handed my notice in. :scared: :scared:

God it feels so real now

Good luck and hope everything goes through smoothly for you.
well Dicko what can I say? it must be torture for you-even further down the line than me! well hang on in there mate I have a good feeling bout it for you,my other half is desperate to hand in his notice but we wait...... let me know what happens for you... natalie
Old Mar 28th 2005, 12:42 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

regret the things you have done and not the things you havnt. get rid of it, its only a house and youll have a bigger and better house in oz. why mess about for two years. just do it. sell your furniture and start a fresh when you get here.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 1:05 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Jump up and down quietly and accept the offer and get things moving. If they fall out in the first couple of weeks you will still have enough time to get another buyer possibly. Paper work etc can take up to 12 weeks, so my estate agent said and she wasn't far wrong.

Jenny
Old Mar 28th 2005, 2:05 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Yep.......... jump up and down (and rip your clothes off if that is what you want to do!!)........ in today's falling house market you've got to grab it while you can. Turn it down now and you might not get another offer for weeks/months. As you are also chain-less, both up and down, its your ideal situation.

Do it !!

Regards

Jim
Old Mar 28th 2005, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations that is really good news. I hope everything goes smoothly for you with the sale. Hopefully it will esp as there is no chain involved.

Katie
Old Mar 28th 2005, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations I`d say jump up & down!! the fact that there is no chain is great and it should run smoothly all the best, we`ve got our survey tomorrow the chain looks good... so fingers crossed!!

Good luck
Sue
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations babe,hope it all goes well for you

tracey
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really nice

Go for it........Jump up and down.......Oh and congratulations!!!!

I think its 'normal' to feel how you do though!!!

Roni

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.