Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

5 weeks to go and i just can't sleep

5 weeks to go and i just can't sleep

Old Sep 8th 2006, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light
Default 5 weeks to go and i just can't sleep

al the things that i need to do. oooooo i hope we are doing the right thing:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:
Old Sep 9th 2006, 2:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 weeks to go and i just can't sleep

Originally Posted by charlie brown
al the things that i need to do. oooooo i hope we are doing the right thing:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

I had trouble sleeping for the whole time we were applying, right from doing the TRA.

I now sleep like a log, must be all the fresh air
Old Sep 9th 2006, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light

Don't worry Charlie Brown, you'll get through it!

But i know exactly how you feel, i've been awake since 5am this morning - we fly out a week on Monday, i have no house, no job and i'm living at my brothers house til we fly!! The next week is filled with meals with the family and drinks with friends (yep, my clothes are getting a little tighter!!) but i'm sure i'll sleep a lot easier once the adrenaline runs down!!

Just concentrate on the things you need to sort out before you go and it will all fall into place before you know it!

Good luck with your move!!
Old Sep 9th 2006, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mish & al
Don't worry Charlie Brown, you'll get through it!

But i know exactly how you feel, i've been awake since 5am this morning - we fly out a week on Monday, i have no house, no job and i'm living at my brothers house til we fly!! The next week is filled with meals with the family and drinks with friends (yep, my clothes are getting a little tighter!!) but i'm sure i'll sleep a lot easier once the adrenaline runs down!!

Just concentrate on the things you need to sort out before you go and it will all fall into place before you know it!

Good luck with your move!!

Sound advice.

Everything will come together. Remember, you are in the "homeless, jobless" situation temporarily by choice!!! So, try not to stress....and remember to let us know when you've landed, 1 month update, 3 month update etc

Good luck!

Old Sep 9th 2006, 6:14 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

I know just where you are coming from Charlie Brown, we fly in 4 weeks and are at the 'selling off the worldly goods' stage. The house is looking decidedly empty and I keep remembering things that still need doing
Keep your chin up mate it will all be worth it in the end

Loz x
Old Sep 9th 2006, 6:49 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

We have 10 weeks till we fly and we have done nothing, so far. :scared:

I only handed my notice in on Thursday and the other half is not handing his in for another 2 weeks!!!!

I am waking early (7am) and that is early for me!!
Old Sep 9th 2006, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Sara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant future

Hi Charlie Brown - i can relate to that - it will pass - pretty normal reaction with so many changes ahead. we have another three weeks, also at the selling/sorting/goodbye stage, so much to do and not enough hours in the day.

Quote : Remember, you are in the "homeless, jobless" situation temporarily by choice!! Helpful advise Ozzidoc - I shall be reminding myself of this too.

Good luck !!
Sara
Old Sep 9th 2006, 7:56 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Charlie Brown,

I can relate to those feelings too. It must be a
bit like the feeling I have a day before going
on a holiday. A bit like you want to walk
on the walls or on water, but it always passes
when you get in the plane. At that time you
can look ahead as whereas you are now in a
sort of limbo waiting dimension. I'll send you
some K and remember you've done the right thing!!

Cheers, Miranda
Old Sep 9th 2006, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Jez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by charlie brown
I know the feeling !!!! If our house sales continues to progress nicely, we should be off in around 1 month. Its not the going that is worrying me, its all the stuff I have to organise before we go. Will the house sale continue without hitch (it fell through twice before!) ? Selling all our stuff (in the process of doing that), but trying to be careful with what we sell until we know everything is fine with the house sale. Don't want to end up staying in a house with no furniture ! Then there are tax returns to file, finances to sort out, people to inform. I have night terrors most nights because I am sooooo stressed at the moment. Yes, actually crying out and yelling in my sleep. My husband has to wake me up!!! I think a few drinks are in order tonight !
Good luck to you, if its any consolation, you are not alone
Old Sep 9th 2006, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jez & Lorraine
I know the feeling !!!! If our house sales continues to progress nicely, we should be off in around 1 month. Its not the going that is worrying me, its all the stuff I have to organise before we go. Will the house sale continue without hitch (it fell through twice before!) ? Selling all our stuff (in the process of doing that), but trying to be careful with what we sell until we know everything is fine with the house sale. Don't want to end up staying in a house with no furniture ! Then there are tax returns to file, finances to sort out, people to inform. I have night terrors most nights because I am sooooo stressed at the moment. Yes, actually crying out and yelling in my sleep. My husband has to wake me up!!! I think a few drinks are in order tonight !
Good luck to you, if its any consolation, you are not alone
thanks all i just can't get my head around it all, hubby thinks i am a ready for the funny farm , as he says he can't do any thing right so waits to be asked so really he is right i am a bit psycho at the mo but he is not as cool as he would like us all to believe, thanks to you all again:scared:
Old Sep 9th 2006, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

atkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
I can relate to this as well, its 5 1/2 weeks until we go and I keep thinking how am I going to do it. Need to get this week over as I finish work. Then can hopefully continue to declutter. But so far we no one to move in with and will need somewhere to live for a couple of weeks if everything goes through OK. I just keep thinking I'm going on holiday and its a dream and I'll wake up soon and find out its all done painlessly. But also worrying about the other side. Realised we arrive on a Sunday lunch time and now panicing about not being able to get any food for milk for tea. But then realise we still dont know where we are going to stay yet!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sure it will all fit into place although I think the wine will help
Good luck