5 Things

Old Nov 21st 2007, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

alisont1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 5 Things

Originally Posted by moneypen20
If you love them and they're in good nick bring them. Containers are bigger and bulkier than that
Re containers and shipping - can anyone recommend a good company for shipping stuff out?
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

A whirlygig is a washing line contraption.

I can recommend Crown relocations
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 2:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kezzabird
There is one thing I really wish I'd shipped and that was my convection, grill microwave it was brilliant and the equivalent over here is very expensive.

129 bucks at Aldi this very week, its a beauty as well 30 litres, stainless steel.. Theye got dozens of them at Northcote and Preston Aldi here in Melbourne. I'd ring around in Tassie If i were you. I bought one to replace my old LG Convection Microwave, which didnt have a grill component and donated that one to our staff work tea room.

BTW its 2000 Watt Convection 1200 Watt Grill and 900 watt Microwave, so the specs are fantastic.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Nov 22nd 2007 at 2:30 am.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

honeybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nice

Wow! that list got some people going!!!
Now, I think if you were going to China or Cambodia such a list would be necessary (coffee fo example costs a fortune in China!).
On a serious note you must remember the cost of transporting any of the items over such a long distance (its not cheap) it might be cheaper to buy it when you arrive and (perhaps someone can shed some light on this) there may be some sort of customs duty going into Australia????
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

What a brilliant thread. Its really interesting.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 1:22 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Yes I would have bought a whirlagig if I knew what one was ???

Buzzy
Bloody bloke!!! it's a washing line!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again,.... I'm bringing EVERYTHING with us! Not because I think that I won't be able to get it again when I get there, but because the cost of shipping is far less than the cost of selling it all, bringing the money over and attempting to purchase everything again, whilst getting to grips with living in a new country, it's not just the money, it's the time, stress and effort of replacing all your worldly goods and then there's the things you just can't replace, kids 'creations', photos, gifts, items the evoke happy memories, I want them around me..... It's all coming with me, for those reasons, I guess they'll always be stuff I can't take but at least I know that the main stuff will be arriving with me!

Last edited by alipally; Nov 23rd 2007 at 1:38 pm.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Just found out we can't bring our Dyson, damn!!! Its only a year old and its great, cost a bit too.
Ah well we will have to buy one there and give the one here to my sister cause I know she loves vacuuming!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by alipally
Bloody bloke!!! it's a washing line!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again,.... I'm bringing EVERYTHING with us! Not because I think that I won't be able to get it again when I get there, but because the cost of shipping is far less than the cost of selling it all, bringing the money over and attempting to purchase everything again, whilst getting to grips with living in a new country, it's not just the money, it's the time, stress and effort of replacing all your worldly goods and then there's the things you just can't replace, kids 'creations', photos, gifts, items the evoke happy memories, I want them around me..... It's all coming with me, for those reasons, I guess they'll always be stuff I can't take but at least I know that the main stuff will be arriving with me!
I have never heard of a whirlagig here in Ireland either, must be a english thing, we do have rotary washing lines though!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 4:28 pm
M J
BE Enthusiast

M J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soulrebel
Just found out we can't bring our Dyson, damn!!! Its only a year old and its great, cost a bit too.
Ah well we will have to buy one there and give the one here to my sister cause I know she loves vacuuming!!!
Cant you ship hoovers then?
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 4:29 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by M J
Cant you ship hoovers then?
why?
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
why?
The shippers told me because of all the dust inside, customs won't let it. Anyone else hear this. We are disappointed because the Dyson was 500 euro.

Last edited by soulrebel; Nov 23rd 2007 at 5:08 pm.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 4:34 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soulrebel
The shippers told me because of all the dust inside, customs won't let it. Anyone else hear this. We are disapointed because the Dyson was 500 euro.
replace the filters.

personally i think that is a load of twoddle.

i am sure others have got their hoovers through with no probs.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

You can take your hoover but just have to give it a really good clean first and change the filters

Thats what our shipper told us when they came to give us a quote last week!
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 7:20 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
replace the filters.

personally i think that is a load of twoddle.

i am sure others have got their hoovers through with no probs.
We did
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Some posters fail to appreciate that some of us dont want to start over again. The things I wish I had bought with me were:
Dyson
Tumble Drier
Good quality cheap kids T Shirts from Tesco/Primark/Asda (My kids are toddlers so bothered about supre etc)
Always Ultra (You can not get an equivalent here and believe me I have tried most of the brands)
M & S Sofa Bed

But that said, Hubby's work paid for limited shipping costs. Perhaps I'd feel differently if we were the ones forking out for the cost......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.