British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   5 stars (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/5-stars-197353/)

OzTennis Dec 17th 2003 1:23 pm

5 stars

Five

OzTennis Dec 17th 2003 1:24 pm

More

OzTennis Dec 17th 2003 1:24 pm

OzTennis Dec 17th 2003 1:25 pm

For

OzTennis Dec 17th 2003 1:26 pm

1,000. Yippee!:D

OzTennis:)

PeterAndSue Dec 17th 2003 1:27 pm

Well done !

OzTennis Dec 17th 2003 1:28 pm

Now I'm thinking of retiring. PB, BP, Mrs D, Polly, Badge, Billy, Dotty, Jirrupin, dare I say Meg's, etc, you have nothing to worry about, I won't be catching you.

ptlabs Dec 17th 2003 1:31 pm

Originally posted by OzTennis
Now I'm thinking of retiring. PB, BP, Mrs D, Polly, Badge, Billy, Dotty, Jirrupin, dare I say Meg's, etc, you have nothing to worry about, I won't be catching you.

OzTennis, I could easily reset your posting counter, you know :)

It's not good to teach the kids to cheat...

Peter

OzTennis Dec 17th 2003 1:32 pm

Originally posted by PeterAndSue
Well done !
Cheers Peter. Now I'm thinking how someone posted a few weeks ago how many hours of my life it takes to do that.
:scared: Great entertainment and very informative if not slightly addictive site though.

Fuzzyness Dec 17th 2003 1:34 pm

the proverbial post count. does it matter really.

Yes it does. :p

nice one Oz Tennis. here's to the next 1,000.:beer:

OzTennis Dec 17th 2003 1:34 pm

Originally posted by ptlabs
OzTennis, I could easily reset your posting counter, you know :)

It's not good to teach the kids to cheat...

Peter
Cheers Peter. Regular correspondents will know that my posts tend not to be the quick 'lol' type message though. I just had to cheat to get last 5 for the magic 1,000.:D

Sandra Dec 17th 2003 1:38 pm

Are there any prizes for time spent - I am still here after entry to forum in 2001 and I have not reached 1000 - 2 years but not reached 1000!

sad but true!

Well done!

OzTennis Dec 17th 2003 2:20 pm

Originally posted by Sandra
Are there any prizes for time spent - I am still here after entry to forum in 2001 and I have not reached 1000 - 2 years but not reached 1000!

sad but true!

Well done!
Sandra

There's a good suggestion for Peter (PTLabs). There could be 2 rows of stars - one for number of posts and one for time since registration.

The Rugby World Cup and the Channel 4/ABC series has done wonders for getting my posts up quickly! There's also the negative posts and misinformation to dispel and lots of people have asked for advice on Melbourne, banking/finance and education so it wasn't too difficult to rack them up.;) You could always do a little cheating like I did to get the last few.:D

Simone Dec 17th 2003 2:27 pm

On another forum I'm sometimes on they do have two rows.
One for post count
And one for length (how many words per post)

Cos longer posts usually have more substance.

And congratulations by the way :rolleyes:

:D

Sandra Dec 17th 2003 2:27 pm

Originally posted by OzTennis
Sandra

There's a good suggestion for Peter (PTLabs). There could be 2 rows of stars - one for number of posts and one for time since registration.

The Rugby World Cup and the Channel 4/ABC series has done wonders for getting my posts up quickly! There's also the negative posts and misinformation to dispel and lots of people have asked for advice on Melbourne, banking/finance and education so it wasn't too difficult to rack them up.;) You could always do a little cheating like I did to get the last few.:D

The 2nd row for time served might get me a nomination for being very very sad!!

In terms of prizes on this site - it is the information we get - I enjoy your education posts! The other prize is the long term friends I have now thanks to this site. I might not post often but the private messaging and email facilities are excellent.

Negative - wot Negative Posts - life is crap and then you make it better?:D

Cheers