Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

5-a-side Football

Wikiposts

5-a-side Football

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

flumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really nice
Default 5-a-side Football

Hi,

Anyone know if there are any 5-a-side pitches in Melbourne? Going to miss my Monday night game once we move.

With all these new Melbourne bound folks we could start a team?

Flumpers hubby

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

flumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really nice
Default Re: 5-a-side Football

Originally Posted by flumper
Hi,

Anyone know if there are any 5-a-side pitches in Melbourne? Going to miss my Monday night game once we move.

Flumpers hubby

..........Or will we just stay in and watch TV???
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, we're heading off to Melbourne on the 18th April - going straight there with a hour stop in Singapore and my other half will miss his Tuesday night game, so he is keen to look at getting involved.

When are you heading down there Flumpers Hubby?

Flumper - have you watched much oz telly? Might not be worth staying in for!! How about helping me start an expats netball team? (Not much chance of winning any games but a good laugh and good exercise)

Pam.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

FITCHETT FAMILY will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BenandPam
Hi, we're heading off to Melbourne on the 18th April - going straight there with a hour stop in Singapore and my other half will miss his Tuesday night game, so he is keen to look at getting involved.

When are you heading down there Flumpers Hubby?

Flumper - have you watched much oz telly? Might not be worth staying in for!! How about helping me start an expats netball team? (Not much chance of winning any games but a good laugh and good exercise)

Pam.
Hi Flumpers hubby
We are heading out to mel on the 3rd may from manchester.
Looking at living around the geelong area, up for a kickabout tho.
Damian
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 7:41 pm

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Originally Posted by FITCHETT FAMILY
Hi Flumpers hubby
We are heading out to mel on the 3rd may from manchester.
Looking at living around the geelong area, up for a kickabout tho.
Damian
Hi everyone, I'm living in Williamstown, SW Melbourne, and I don't reckon anyone will have any trouble with sports as they're sports mad here. Every sport you can think of. But seeing I ran a 5-a-side team in England, I'll have a look into it over the next couple of days and see what I can find out. If it's just a casual kick about, then that's really no problem as there's loads of parks and green spaces that can be used (or beaches even ). If anyone's into a league then I'll find out whaqt I can and see if we can get a team together

Carl
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 11:24 pm
Everyone Gets A Bargain

SUNBURNT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Flumpers hubby

Id definately be up for a game, they appear to be palying footy with the wrong shaped ball here.
Neil
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

We are still waiting for palyers to join the 5-a-side soccor here in Joondalup every thursday evening..........
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 1:14 am
maddi

paul&lynn is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

my wife and i arrive in perth april 9th and are staying in the joondalup area to begin with and i will most certainly be up for a game of 5 a side on thursdays.

also is there any saturday or sunday league football played in the perth area?

paul
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fireeater
Hi everyone, I'm living in Williamstown, SW Melbourne, and I don't reckon anyone will have any trouble with sports as they're sports mad here. Every sport you can think of. But seeing I ran a 5-a-side team in England, I'll have a look into it over the next couple of days and see what I can find out. If it's just a casual kick about, then that's really no problem as there's loads of parks and green spaces that can be used (or beaches even ). If anyone's into a league then I'll find out whaqt I can and see if we can get a team together

Carl
Thanks Carl if you could see if there are any 5-a-side pitches in Melbourne - I'd appreciate it. We're heading over 3rd May and will stick another post on then.

Benandpam - have experienced the TV - yikes!! Thankfully we don't watch much TV, not lately anyway now we've discovered this site!

Netball sounds good - used to play goal defence (if I recall correctly from school days many moons ago). Also recall I was mince and I don't think you improve with age. Up for some exercise though. Looking to get a new bike when I am out there. See you at The Loft??

Bye for now
Flumper and hubby
Old Mar 24th 2005, 6:59 pm

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Thanks Carl if you could see if there are any 5-a-side pitches in Melbourne - I'd appreciate it. We're heading over 3rd May and will stick another post on then.

Benandpam - have experienced the TV - yikes!! Thankfully we don't watch much TV, not lately anyway now we've discovered this site!

Netball sounds good - used to play goal defence (if I recall correctly from school days many moons ago). Also recall I was mince and I don't think you improve with age. Up for some exercise though. Looking to get a new bike when I am out there. See you at The Loft??

Bye for now
Flumper and hubby
ok, 5-a-side here is called futsal and is played to varying levels depending on how seriously you want to take it. There is a league in Melbourne at Braybrook which is a place that I don't know where is, but I'm supposed to be going there tomorrow so I'll check it out (Melways is invaluable for finding your way around).

Details can be found at http://www.sportingpulse.com.au/asso...ssoc=891&pID=1

There is also a state wide futsal association at http://www.users.tpg.com.au/vfutsal/

Meanwhile, there are loads of open spaces just for a kickaround

Carl