Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

5 months on.... (Gold Coast)

5 months on.... (Gold Coast)

Old Feb 10th 2006, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

dh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud of
Default Re: 5 months on.... (Gold Coast)

Hi there,
Thanks for taking the time to write this post, we arrive in 7 weeks, and posts like yours make me realise that we are doing the right thing, its great that you are enjoying life so much, hopefully we will too.

If there is anyone heading out in the next 7/8 weeks or so feel free to get in touch, it would be good to chat with someone in a similar position.

Donna xx
Old Feb 11th 2006, 6:52 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hi fabie,
great post!
well done you on getting so organised!
hope you enjoy your new home when you finally get it decorated!
keep sending in the updates...
sue x
Old Feb 12th 2006, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Thanks everyone for your answers to my post!

Had a busy weekend putting more blinds up and planting plans in my tiny garden... then it started pouring and I realised once sitting on my balcony that i planted the Gardenia way too much to the left!!!!

Anyway, I have a little story for you.... regarding plumbing!!! I was relaxing after a long day, in the bath, on the phone to my parents in Switzerland... when i went to turn the cold water off, i couldnt turn the tap anymore and the water was still running on full blast! got out of the bath, ran downstairs, got the yellow pages, called the first plumber in the area.... When i asked if i had called the right number (emergency) he said yes usually but that he was at his sons christening... when i asked who he could recommend (sunday nite, 7pm, water on full blast, general water turnoff in the house couldnt be found... he said hang on, im right next door, ill do it for 100 dollars cash.

He even accepted to come when i told him i didnt have the cash on me. anyway, 1 min later, a plumbing ute turned up, reversed, hit the roundabout... YES; both the plumbers were drunk and in suits!!!!!

They fixed the prob (plastic "washer" was broken) and got suddenly scared cause the cops were at my neighbours!!!! i offered them a drink (soft) and almost accepted but decided to shoot off since the cops were inside with the neighbours!!!!

anyway, jobs done, had a great laugh - first time i saw a drunk plumber in a 3 piece suit! he said he would come back tomorrow for the money... i doubt he will remember even coming here!!!

fabie