5 - Htp ......

Old Jan 12th 2004, 6:27 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default 5 - Htp ......

5 - HTP

Thanks to the person who reccommended it - feel heaps better.
Now rattling with a complex mix of B vits, Vit C calcium and Vit D (so I don't get an old lady hump - ooeerr).

Think some of you on here need to mellow, the threads seem to be getting a little picky and bitchy, picking up on peoples grammar etc.

Chill everyone

Jill

(all available from Holland and Barrett)

Old Jan 12th 2004, 7:37 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all
Default Re: 5 - Htp ......

HI
Just wanted to let you know to be careful with 5-Htp as it was linked to a public health scare in America (oh surprise) a couple of years ago. The women who used it felt fantastic but then, usually after 2-3 months developed rashes, chest infections etc and were admitted to hospital. Also i wouldn't buy it from Holland and Barrat as the true potency is often not labelled, as noted by a Watchdog and Which? report. Don't mean to put a damper on your high spirits but have seen the results which are not nice to say the least.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 9:04 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by rob&lucy
HI
Just wanted to let you know to be careful with 5-Htp as it was linked to a public health scare in America (oh surprise) a couple of years ago. The women who used it felt fantastic but then, usually after 2-3 months developed rashes, chest infections etc and were admitted to hospital. Also i wouldn't buy it from Holland and Barrat as the true potency is often not labelled, as noted by a Watchdog and Which? report. Don't mean to put a damper on your high spirits but have seen the results which are not nice to say the least.
Thanks for the advice ! thought I was doing some good herbal thing to help me sleep. Husband has just raised eyebrows and given up on me !!
With all this waiting 'til the visa is through I just wanted to sleep my way there. I was told it would lift my spirits ! Not sure my spirits would be lifted by a rather unattractive rash .

Will see how it goes and if I have any bad side effects will post them too.
(the man in Holland and Barrat was cute - couldn't resist)

Jill

Old Jan 12th 2004, 9:14 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!

Jill

hahaha!!!!
like me you are a sucker for a cute face and a tight....maybe not.
ermmm...what was I going to say.....oh yeh, reminded me of the time I went into Bodyshop in london to get some of those little facial loofah things - not for my face but for my trainers, cleans em up lovley! anyway, had to ask this gorgeous chap if he knew where they were ;he said I hoped I didnt mind him saying this but my complexion was far too beautiful for such a harsh exfoliator, and that their such and such wash would be more suitable. Didnt have the heart to say it was for cleaning my trainers with so I bought the stuff!!!

sue
Old Jan 12th 2004, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
had to ask this gorgeous chap if he knew where they were ;he said I hoped I didnt mind him saying this but my complexion was far too beautiful for such a harsh exfoliator, and that their such and such wash would be more suitable. Didnt have the heart to say it was for cleaning my trainers with so I bought the stuff!!!

sue
The question is - were your trainers soft and delicate to the touch as a result?
Old Jan 13th 2004, 5:50 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Thanks for the advice ! thought I was doing some good herbal thing to help me sleep. Husband has just raised eyebrows and given up on me !!
With all this waiting 'til the visa is through I just wanted to sleep my way there. I was told it would lift my spirits ! Not sure my spirits would be lifted by a rather unattractive rash .

Will see how it goes and if I have any bad side effects will post them too.

Jill

You could try Valerian instead. Nice and herbal with no know side effects. Boots stock it and it's good quality stuff. Valerian works well and doesn't give you a fuzzy head the next day, which is always a good thing!!