Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

5 Gold Stars for Pommie Bastard.

5 Gold Stars for Pommie Bastard.

Old Jan 17th 2003, 3:54 am
Retired *********

pread is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 5 Gold Stars for Pommie Bastard.

Twofingersalute,

So you see friendly piss-taking as a "rascist vindictive slur", that's how you take it, that's not everyone's opinion. I know expats who have been here for 30 years, and they certainly don't share your opinion. I think it depends on your attitude to Australia and Australians, if you land with a chip on your shoulder and a superiority complex, you're doomed from the start. I like to think that I'm open, friendly, and don't judge people - and thatt's what I've experienced in return.

Paul.

Originally posted by Twofingersalute
"friendly piss-taking regarding"-its not friendly-u get sick of it after a while-see what your like in thirty years time rather than thirty days-that so called friendly banter is a rascist vindictive slur thats totally offensive-just wait till u are stopped for speaking out against any issue that u feel passionate about-cant wait to see how u go-good luck-i am not saying u are a loser, u can be fine but u will have to suck and crawl up the aussies arse-and keep opinions to yourself....
Old Jan 17th 2003, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

adelaidegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Bring it on baby, turn up those air conditioners! Not being funny, but I really don't understand why the people on this forum who really dislike living in Australia don't return to the UK. If you are stuck here and hate it, then I'm sorry for you, but if you could go back but choose to stay here, that I don't understand. I know the exchange rate is crap, but wouldn't it be better to have a more modest house, car etc in the UK where you would be happy than to stay here and be miserable? adelaidegirl
Old Jan 17th 2003, 4:02 am
Retired *********

pread is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pommie Bastard
Melbourne they say has weathers along the lines of London 3 seasons in one day so that may suit you
We'd actually heard that it was all 4 seasons ! But the weather we've experienced over the last 4 months has been nowhere near as volatile as we'd expected. Melbourne's weather seems to be considered a joke by other Aussies, although Victorians I've spoken to don't feel it's deserved.

Originally posted by Twofingersalute
How are u coping with the 38 degree summer? the best is to come in February when it can top 42 degrees-hoy hoy hoy
As it happens, I'm quite comfortable with the weather we've been having, although my wife not so much. But you just adapt, don't you ? Don't stay out all day in the blazing sunshine, try and take day trips when it's a little cooler ?

What I don't understand is why you take pleasure in telling me how hot it might become this summer, can you explain that ?

Paul.
Old Jan 17th 2003, 6:24 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pread
Twofingersalute,

So you see friendly piss-taking as a "rascist vindictive slur", that's how you take it, that's not everyone's opinion. I know expats who have been here for 30 years, and they certainly don't share your opinion. I think it depends on your attitude to Australia and Australians, if you land with a chip on your shoulder and a superiority complex, you're doomed from the start. I like to think that I'm open, friendly, and don't judge people - and thatt's what I've experienced in return.

Paul.
I think that Australia is like the UK and has different classes of people the lower end are more ferial , they will give you no chance a Pom is lowest form of life and will let you know it.
If being abused suits good luck to you , the only chip I have encounted is firmly on the Aussies shoulders.

Old Jan 17th 2003, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree Pread- I lived in Geelong for 3 years and have many friends who have been there for 30 years (friends of my parents) who have a fantastic life over there.

Yes- the summers can be a killer but the way i see it is that if it is unbearable outside- stick you air con and stay in -if you hve forgotten PB and TFS- that's what we do in UK almost every weekend for the opposite reasons.

I think you are both very sad and lonely people who couldnt make a good life for yourself wherever in the world you landed. Fortunatley for the majority of the people on this site, we do have both personalities and lives so please allow us to live them- uniterrupted.

Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by pread
Twofingersalute,

Paul.
Old Jan 17th 2003, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

shamer is an unknown quantity at this point

Iv'e only posted around 30 times, and my stars flash, I didn't even have to spout months of negitive crap to get them. Yes I'm a right smart arse.

6 weeks left in Bonnie Scotchland before I start my Mystery tour of Australia, so I'm gonna drink loads of Tennents Lager to make up for the lack in Oz.

Wee buns!

Hee-hee
shamer

Last edited by shamer; Jan 17th 2003 at 11:43 am.
Old Jan 17th 2003, 11:39 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Grub
P athetic
O btuse (look it up PB)
M iserable
M indless
I rritating
E xcrement

B oring
A rsehole
S hithead
T osspott
A naly retentive
R abid
D ick-for-brains!!

So crawl back into your hole, get the hint and leave us all alone.

Hugs and kisses

Your biggest fan!

I hope you 2 never meet up in Perth, sparks will fly.

Cinderella
Old Jan 17th 2003, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice

Originally posted by pommie bastard
This may cheer you up it had me in tears , I have lost all hope a loser with a bigger beer bill .

IT'S enough to make a grown man cry into his beer - the price of the amber fluid will rise next month yet again.

Cartons of beer are set to increase by $1 while Crown Lager drinkers will be slugged an extra $1.50 a carton.
Bottles of beer will rise on average by 10c.

The increase will see the price of VB jump to more than $30 a carton.

Brewing companies yesterday said the increases were due to the consumer price index and beer excise and it was up to the individual bottle shop as to whether they passed on that increase.

News of the hike left a bitter taste in the mouth of beer drinkers yesterday.

David Anderson and Brett Medlin walked into the Royal Oak Hotel in Parramatta for a lunch break beer.

The builders said they were angered but not surprised by the price increase.

"It is always the smokers and drinkers who cop it. It's always the working class," Mr Anderson said.

Mr Anderson, who buys at least one carton of beer a week, said the price increase couldn't be justified.

"You get big executives getting paid millions a year and here they are slugging the little man a lousy dollar," the 49-year-old said.

Mr Medlin said drinkers had no choice but to pay.

"It's one of life's little pleasures and it used to be cheap pleasure but not now," he said.

Independently-owned liquor shops yesterday said they expected to feel the consumer backlash.

"We are struggling as it is and this increase doesn't help," one shop owner said.

"Buyers are going to be angry when they find out the price has gone up."

How many in a crate? because in my working out (and I could be wrong) that works out at about £11. If you get twelve in a crate then thats cheap.
As for pints costing from £2.20 (over $6) and thats the cheap crap that comes out the other end before you finish your pint.
Lets put bottles in the equation, one bottle of your finest yank swill will put you back anything from £2.50 (yet again over $6) and in some pubs the quality of draught is so poor you would rather cola.
When you consider that the same yank swill will set you back in some corner shops 80p depending on area then I for one would rather sit on the back porch of a night time with the barbie on the go and a couple of mates around, but then that can still cost you £30-£40 and you can never get the weather.
Old Jan 19th 2003, 11:04 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Whingin Pom
How many in a crate? because in my working out (and I could be wrong) that works out at about £11. If you get twelve in a crate then thats cheap.
As for pints costing from £2.20 (over $6) and thats the cheap crap that comes out the other end before you finish your pint.
Lets put bottles in the equation, one bottle of your finest yank swill will put you back anything from £2.50 (yet again over $6) and in some pubs the quality of draught is so poor you would rather cola.
When you consider that the same yank swill will set you back in some corner shops 80p depending on area then I for one would rather sit on the back porch of a night time with the barbie on the go and a couple of mates around, but then that can still cost you £30-£40 and you can never get the weather.

Cans here are 330ml or 375ml as for pints $6.8 , the local working mans club I used back in the UK still charges about a pound a pint, even the pubs 1.7 pounds a pint.
I would say that you are in the south east full of bollocks and over paid so you can pay for a dearer pint , talking to a north east couple at the weekend their clubs charge 75p for the cheapest pint.
The 440ml cans here will set you back up to $5 a lot on the crap wages paid in Australia.

Old Jan 20th 2003, 7:06 am
Banned

Originally posted by poggle
Hey scooby,

Its just a shame that about 999 of them have been irelevent dross! boring newspaper cuttings, and the rantings of a sad loser!!

Im giving him the benefit of the doubt that maybe one of his posts may have contained something positive, worthwhile and helpful to someone! but of course i could be wrong!

Cheers!

Heres a bit of advice may help you , do not cross the police here they are not nice people.Pay your traffic finds on time and never ever give Mr Plod a load of mouth.

Police used a cattle prod to question suspect: POLICE officers investigating an armed burglary 12 years ago used an electric cattle prod on one suspect and terrorised and assaulted others, the WA police royal commission was told today.

The suspects were being questioned over a theft at a Perth home on August 7, 1990, in which a woman and her daughter were threatened with a machete while three men stole gold bars and diamond jewellery from a safe.

Old Jan 20th 2003, 8:24 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi PB,

I hate to tell you but I live in Yorkshire and a pint of beer is most certainly over £1.70 a pint..more like £2 odd!!!! you're gonna have a shock when or if you come back...
Old Jan 20th 2003, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pommie bastard

the local working mans club I used back in the UK
That sums you right up, I rest my case!!

Old Jan 20th 2003, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

tomtanktop is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pommie bastard
Heres a bit of advice may help you , do not cross the police here they are not nice people.Pay your traffic finds on time and never ever give Mr Plod a load of mouth.

Police used a cattle prod to question suspect: POLICE officers investigating an armed burglary 12 years ago used an electric cattle prod on one suspect and terrorised and assaulted others, the WA police royal commission was told today.

The suspects were being questioned over a theft at a Perth home on August 7, 1990, in which a woman and her daughter were threatened with a machete while three men stole gold bars and diamond jewellery from a safe.

Sounds like the scumbags derved it (if they were guilty of course!)

:lecture:
Old Jan 20th 2003, 10:58 pm
Banned

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tomtanktop
Originally posted by pommie bastard

Sounds like the scumbags derved it (if they were guilty of course!)

:lecture:
Yes the police here are very fair and will bash anyone why wait until a court finds them guilty, open to a back hander also.

AFTER a violent burglary at his Dalkeith home, millionaire businessman Simon Lee reached a private deal with two detectives that he would pay them the value of any stolen gold which they recovered.

Mr Lee told the Kennedy royal commission yesterday that a gold bar stolen from his house safe was stamped SAM 1 and was of sentimental value because it was the first bar poured at his Samantha gold mine near Higginsville, south of Kalgoorlie. But when it was recovered the bar was cut into slices.

Mr Lee said that it no longer had any sentimental value so he wanted the detectives to keep the gold. When the detectives declined that he offered them money.

"When I made the offer, in my mind it was like a reward for the way they had treated my wife and daughter after the robbery," Mr Lee said. "The officers did a tremendous job."

He paid the officers with two cheques but could not recall the amount involved.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jan 21st 2003 at 12:56 am.
Old Jan 20th 2003, 11:05 pm
Banned

Originally posted by yvsie
Hi PB,

I hate to tell you but I live in Yorkshire and a pint of beer is most certainly over £1.70 a pint..more like £2 odd!!!! you're gonna have a shock when or if you come back...
Some largers are the price you quote , even at 2 pounds per pint thats cheaper that $6.8 and rising .Looks like I was not far wrong you lads are being ripped off? cheapest UK 1 pound dearest 2.80.
Yorkshire average 1.76 cheapest 1.09 dearest 2.25

Results of CAMRA Pub Prices Survey 2002

Real Ale Prices

% Change
Cheapest
Priciest

UK
3.33%

By Region

East Anglia
3.01%

East Midlands
8.35%

London
3.00%

North
-0.88%

North West
2.01%

Scotland
-1.70%

South East
1.41%

South West
2.43%

Wales
2.62%

West Midlands
3.15%

Yorkshire
0.28%

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jan 20th 2003 at 11:08 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.