Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

4k enough to live in SYD- AUstralia?

4k enough to live in SYD- AUstralia?

Old Oct 26th 2005, 7:50 am
Just Joined

World_X is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 4k enough to live in SYD- AUstralia?

Hi,

I got offer for Australia at $4K a month, how good for single person?

Amit
Old Oct 26th 2005, 8:08 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 4k enough to live in SYD- AUstralia?

Yes that is ample money for a single person. You can rent a 2 bed brand new apartment 10mins from CBD for less than $400 a week. Of course it depends on where you want to live in Sydney as it varies considerably, but certainly viable on that wage.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by World_X
Hi,

Amit
I'll have it if you don't think it's good enough...
Old Oct 26th 2005, 3:18 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Amit
Depends on your expenditure Of course!

check out the tax calculator

http://www.ato.gov.au/scripts/taxcalc/calculate_tax.asp

you will have take home of around 3100 per month so I wouldn't suggest paying 1750.00 a month (400 a week) on rent cause you will still have other costs. But then again you might want to stay in a lot

Yes I think 48K is a reasonable enough salary for a single person to have a good time in Sydney. Think about what you want in accommodation and what else you spend your money on. I doubt you will be thinking of buying a place unless you have a lot of capitol to bring with you.

What is the job and does it sound reasonable to you?

Cheers
Old Oct 27th 2005, 4:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sandra
Depends on your expenditure Of course!

check out the tax calculator

http://www.ato.gov.au/scripts/taxcalc/calculate_tax.asp

you will have take home of around 3100 per month so I wouldn't suggest paying 1750.00 a month (400 a week) on rent cause you will still have other costs. But then again you might want to stay in a lot

Yes I think 48K is a reasonable enough salary for a single person to have a good time in Sydney. Think about what you want in accommodation and what else you spend your money on. I doubt you will be thinking of buying a place unless you have a lot of capitol to bring with you.

What is the job and does it sound reasonable to you?

Cheers
IT/Programmer. Yes sound reasonable to enjoy in new country
Old Oct 27th 2005, 5:07 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

i wouldn't work for that small amount in brisbane let alone sydney! in fact, in sydney i would expect at least $70K.

is that inclusive of super also? because if it's not, then it's only $2810 a month take home pay.

IT/Programmer. Yes sound reasonable to enjoy in new country
Old Oct 27th 2005, 5:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by brisnick
i wouldn't work for that small amount in brisbane let alone sydney! in fact, in sydney i would expect at least $70K.

is that inclusive of super also? because if it's not, then it's only $2810 a month take home pay.

Yes it include super., but I am demanding for 60K + super
Old Oct 27th 2005, 6:26 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

good for you!!!

i work in IT also and i get more than 4K a month after tax and super is deducted.

Yes it include super., but I am demanding for 60K + super
Old Oct 27th 2005, 7:13 am
Just Joined

Hi,

I just got updated from management that they are giving offer for

52Kpa
-super
+LAFHA

Is that still worth to accept?
Old Oct 27th 2005, 7:39 am
Just Joined

They will provide me Accountant to get more benefit in tax.
Old Oct 28th 2005, 2:18 am
Drunken Aussie

They will provide me Accountant to get more benefit in tax.
LAFHA might help, but you'd need to know what level they were willing to give (as it becomes untaxable).

i would want at least $3500/month take home pay in sydney though, and if you pay no tax on the salary you quote, then that'll be $3900 take home. but you will pay some tax.
Old Oct 28th 2005, 2:27 am
Just Joined

LAFHA might help, but you'd need to know what level they were willing to give (as it becomes untaxable).

i would want at least $3500/month take home pay in sydney though, and if you pay no tax on the salary you quote, then that'll be $3900 take home. but you will pay some tax.
this is what they say

you get tax benefits from the government and you get an accountant with your salary package to handle these things for you

60K without LAFHA<=52K with LAFHA

according to them (company) after LAFHA I will be paying 20% tax where as actual it is 30% without LAFHA

I' m still in question whether I should accept this offer

BTW how much is for food expense ? 1000 bucks ?
Old Oct 28th 2005, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice

good for you!!!

i work in IT also and i get more than 4K a month after tax and super is deducted.
I agree, I get more than 4K a month after tax and super. I am in Melbourne and think that the lowest I would go is about $85k including super. Sydney is meant to be more expensive so I would be doing some more investigation.
If you have no equity to bring it is going to be difficult to get onto the property market wwith anything less, unless you are quite happy staying indoors.
I am also in IT
Old Oct 28th 2005, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Do you have PR? If so, I would keep looking for work because that's not a great salary, particuarly in Sydney.
Old Oct 28th 2005, 3:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Shellfish
Do you have PR? If so, I would keep looking for work because that's not a great salary, particuarly in Sydney.
No, coming on Business Long term permit (4 years), getting sponsership from the compay.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.