495 visa

Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light
Default 495 visa

Hiya is there anyone else going on 495 state sponsered visa??

seen a lot on 457 visa.

Feel a bit alone here.

Nickie
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

sundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant future
Default Re: 495 visa

We are, where are you headed? Jo.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya.
we are heading towards Perth....slowly but surely!!

what bout you?

nickie
Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

sundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant future

Adelaide. We are in Carshalton in Surrey at the moment, not far from you. When are you off?
Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all

We're off to Adelaide on a 475 (new 495), hopefully anyway!
Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

oh, good luck with that. Hopefully you wont have to wait too long!
Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sundropstar
Adelaide. We are in Carshalton in Surrey at the moment, not far from you. When are you off?
God knows!!!

Just waiting, like loads of others on here, for that magic email to tell us we have the visa.

Nickie
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

It feels like ages but it will come round all too soon. Then the stress is on to get everything sorted out! If I were you I would spend this time havinng a good de-clutter and doing lots of research! Good Luck! Jo
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

You should see what we have thrown out......wonder where it was all hiding!

We have started packing up the loft, laballing boxes etc.

Sick of waiting.....impatient i know.

Its depressing when people that have applied after us are getting their visas, im pleased for them..but still.

Nickie
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Darren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really nice

Hi Nickie

It can't be much longer, it will come when you least expect it. I know the feeling well though, and it feels like you're never going to get there,

Make the most of your time there - good excuse for lots of partying

Karen
Old Jan 27th 2008, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

It might be worth you getting a couple of companies round to give you a quote on a container. At least then you will have a fairly good idea of what you have got it down to will fit into.

I have had 4 quotes so far, one was for about 850 cu ft, two for just over 1000cu ft and one for 1300 cu ft. Very confusing but the one for 1300 cu ft used an electronic device to calculate and i'm not sure how accurate that is.

I am now having a further clearout, and then the companies have agreed what whoever we preferred will pop back to have a quick re-calculation. They were all really helpful.

We are waiting for the survey to be done on our house and with no chain and assuming the survey will be OK, expect exchange to be pretty soon.

Then as well as that we are looking at flights, we need to validate by May, and also need to open a good UK bank account that is good for foreign exchange (Nationwide) Trading accounts and an Oz bank account, all of which we need our current permanent address, as far as i'm aware.

AND all the usual medical check-ups before we go ie. kids jabs up to date, womens things, dentist, optician........there is loads to do that you might like to get on with if you haven't done.

I think there is a to do list somewhere on here, I haven't even looked at that yet!

We are moving out of here and staying with family for a good few weeks before we leave so we are going to do a few London trips and catching up then. God knows what we would do if we had to do everything at the same time.

Enjoying it though, it's all good fun!

Jo
Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sundropstar
It might be worth you getting a couple of companies round to give you a quote on a container. At least then you will have a fairly good idea of what you have got it down to will fit into.

I have had 4 quotes so far, one was for about 850 cu ft, two for just over 1000cu ft and one for 1300 cu ft. Very confusing but the one for 1300 cu ft used an electronic device to calculate and i'm not sure how accurate that is.

I am now having a further clearout, and then the companies have agreed what whoever we preferred will pop back to have a quick re-calculation. They were all really helpful.

We are waiting for the survey to be done on our house and with no chain and assuming the survey will be OK, expect exchange to be pretty soon.

Then as well as that we are looking at flights, we need to validate by May, and also need to open a good UK bank account that is good for foreign exchange (Nationwide) Trading accounts and an Oz bank account, all of which we need our current permanent address, as far as i'm aware.

AND all the usual medical check-ups before we go ie. kids jabs up to date, womens things, dentist, optician........there is loads to do that you might like to get on with if you haven't done.

I think there is a to do list somewhere on here, I haven't even looked at that yet!

We are moving out of here and staying with family for a good few weeks before we leave so we are going to do a few London trips and catching up then. God knows what we would do if we had to do everything at the same time.

Enjoying it though, it's all good fun!

Jo

OOh you are busy.

How much were the different quotes?? bet they are up in the £1000's arent they?????????

Good luck with it all and good luck with the validating.

Nickie
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

I think they are around £3700 for a 20ft container plus insurance and other fees. Not too sure yet, havn't had a good look through them.

Jo
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

*****!! thats a lot.

Think im going to ditch everything then and just take a back pack!

Or failing that we can just ask friends and relatives to bring a bit each time..yay thats a good idea.

erm do you think Malaysia will notice a bed strapped to someones back??
No-one takes any notice of the one strapped to my sisters back!! oops did i just say that??

Nickie
Old Jan 28th 2008, 12:13 am
Just Joined

steeleys is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nickie & Kev

Just to let you know we are already here on a 495 visa, been here 2 months. Know how you feel though as there doesnt seem to be anyone else on a 495 - I think its been replaced by a 475?

If you need any info just pm us.

Good luck with the process - you'll get there in the end!!

fay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.