Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

489 visa holders in Australia (QUEENSLAND) share their experience of life condition

489 visa holders in Australia (QUEENSLAND) share their experience of life condition

Old Jul 7th 2017, 5:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 489 visa holders in Australia (QUEENSLAND) share their experience of life conditi

Originally Posted by shahidjabbar
Hi,
Thanks for sharing your experience. I got 489 visa for QLD and have to stay in regional area. I am IT professional and you know better than me that to get job in IT in regional area is almost impossible.
So , coming to the point. I came to know that i can open one man company and address will in regional area.The purpose to do like that is to work in City and live in regional area. Because 489 visa has restriction that I must stay +work at least for one year in regional area. I can not work in city.
Therefore someone suggested me to open a company and find a job in city and work as freelancer for the employer and i can invoice to my employer.
Do you have any information regarding this process and is it acceptable by the immigration department ? because later i have to apply for PR later.
I will be very thankful if you can share some information regarding this scenario.
You should be getting advice from a registered agent not a random stranger on an internet forum. You cannot afford to get it wrong as you would be in breach of your visa conditions so please speak to a professional before you start trying to find ways round the rules.
Old Jul 7th 2017, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

shahidjabbar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 489 visa holders in Australia (QUEENSLAND) share their experience of life conditi

Hi ,
Thanks for the response , appreciate if you can refer some link or thread or contact regarding my case to get more information
Old Jul 8th 2017, 12:17 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ,
Thanks for the response , appreciate if you can refer some link or thread or contact regarding my case to get more information
You're asking for a link or a contact to show you how to break the law with regards to the terms of your visa? Not going to happen. You understood the rules relating to your visa and you agreed to them.
Old Jul 8th 2017, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

shahidjabbar is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to know how the people staying who work online within AU or outside AU ? In IT i can start freelance work and my client can be in Europe, then in this case how i can continue my job ?
Old Jul 8th 2017, 7:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I want to know how the people staying who work online within AU or outside AU ? In IT i can start freelance work and my client can be in Europe, then in this case how i can continue my job ?
As I already said you are in dangerous territory and could be putting your visa at risk. You need PROFESSIONAL advice, not what we can give you on here as untrained lay-people.