Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

489 visa holders in Australia (QUEENSLAND) share their experience of life condition

489 visa holders in Australia (QUEENSLAND) share their experience of life condition

Old Sep 13th 2016, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

Mahdi.ka.82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile 489 visa holders in Australia (QUEENSLAND) share their experience of life condition

Hi migrants,
People who are going to immigrate to Australia as a 489 visa holder would be grateful if you leave some advice and talk about your experience, obstacles and success if you don't mind. Thank you
Old Sep 14th 2016, 4:59 am
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 489 visa holders in Australia (QUEENSLAND) share their experience of life conditi

see this one on the immigration page

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...s-help-854076/
Old Sep 14th 2016, 6:23 am
Just Joined

Default Re: 489 visa holders in Australia (QUEENSLAND) share their experience of life conditi

Thank you for your guidance
That page you mentioned is about people who are working on Visa processing and do not still settle in Australia.
While I opened this conversation for people who are living in Aus and have encountered with cons and pros of living there.
In case of this, I would like to know how they tackled their problems with insurance programs or huge amount of money which have to spend for kindergarten. In addition if they are living in Queensland leave some advice about the work condition and places with more job opportunities.
That's all
Old Sep 14th 2016, 6:57 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mahdi.ka.82
Thank you for your guidance
That page you mentioned is about people who are working on Visa processing and do not still settle in Australia.
While I opened this conversation for people who are living in Aus and have encountered with cons and pros of living there.
In case of this, I would like to know how they tackled their problems with insurance programs or huge amount of money which have to spend for kindergarten. In addition if they are living in Queensland leave some advice about the work condition and places with more job opportunities.
That's all
It's quite difficult to work out exactly what you are asking for.

I don't know what you mean by how they tackled their problems with insurance programs

Information on kindergarten programs in Queensland can be found here Queensland early childhood education and care services

Work conditions and job opportunities for what job?
Old Sep 14th 2016, 7:14 am
Just Joined

Yes
I had to pose this question more clearly. What is my mean about inaurance problems is related to the tough condition we will have as a 489 visa holder because I heard we have to privide insurance security without government support. So it would be expensive.
Also kindergartns might be paid by ourselves without governmental assistance.
I am a civil engineer however I am not supposed to work in same job as a new comer immigrant. Havig information about job opportunity in any fields would be requrable.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 7:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Yes
I had to pose this question more clearly. What is my mean about inaurance problems is related to the tough condition we will have as a 489 visa holder because I heard we have to privide insurance security without government support. So it would be expensive.
Also kindergartns might be paid by ourselves without governmental assistance.
I am a civil engineer however I am not supposed to work in same job as a new comer immigrant. Havig information about job opportunity in any fields would be requrable.
It is same as anywhere, you pay for it or go without. I really do not know what else you expect people to stay.

You can take any type of work you like, your restriction is on where you work, not type of job.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 7:50 am
Just Joined

You know, some of immigrants whom I know keep telling me that please forget immigration if your visa is 489. They claim that condition will face to in Aus for 489 visa holders is not really acceptable. Companies do not offer suitable job due to the type of visa. Banks are less likely to give loan because of that, and you name it.
I need to hear from someone who has experience this situation ( Queensland in particular) and say how remedy the situation, unless those condition they taking about are not in reality.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

You know where you have to live and work. Whether you get a job rather depends on whether you are the best person for the job. Some things will subsequently depend on whether you have a job and how stable /financially secure you are. In Australia one expects to pay through the nose for many things regardless of visa. If you can't find a job then perhaps you may need to leave to find a place where you can get a job either which complies with your visa conditions or in another country where your options are better.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

You know, some of immigrants whom I know keep telling me that please forget immigration if your visa is 489. They claim that condition will face to in Aus for 489 visa holders is not really acceptable. Companies do not offer suitable job due to the type of visa. Banks are less likely to give loan because of that, and you name it.
I need to hear from someone who has experience this situation ( Queensland in particular) and say how remedy the situation, unless those condition they taking about are not in reality.
Loads of people have had a 489 visa before you, they may or may not still be active on the forum. Yes it is a harder visa to be on because of the restrictions, lots of past posters have reported that, it can be harder to find work in regional areas and you should expect that. Never a good idea to buy a house before holding a permanent visa anyway, rent like most people do when they arrive.

There is no 'remedy". You either try your luck and leave if it does not work out or decide it is not worth the effort, although in this case it is a shame you did not look into the visa more before you applied for it.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 9:18 am
Just Joined

According to my skills and age, that was the only way for immigrating. I already knew the fact that problems are going to invite me for challenge in new country. I suppose there is not something related to feel shame once people try to find better way to "remedy" the situation and apply other people's experience in their own future prospective
Old Sep 14th 2016, 9:27 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I think you're mostly going to struggle with the fact that you're required to live and work in regional Queensland. Jobs will be more difficult to come by, but there are jobs for you if you stick with it and keep looking.

I would also advise you to work very hard on improving your English. You're going to be competing with people whose first language is English, so you want to be able to communicate as well as they can. Judging by your posts so far, I would say that you're probably going to find it difficult to put together selection criteria statements with your current level of written language. Mind you, your English is going to be 100% better than my Farsi
Old Sep 14th 2016, 9:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I think you're mostly going to struggle with the fact that you're required to live and work in regional Queensland. Jobs will be more difficult to come by, but there are jobs for you if you stick with it and keep looking.

I would also advise you to work very hard on improving your English. You're going to be competing with people whose first language is English, so you want to be able to communicate as well as they can. Judging by your posts so far, I would say that you're probably going to find it difficult to put together selection criteria statements with your current level of written language. Mind you, your English is going to be 100% better than my Farsi
Unfortunately you are right, I have to improve my english ability before boarding the plane. The first reason for participating in this forum was that.
Who does know about TAFE courses in Au? Is this important to gain one of their certification or finding related job without that would be possible?
Old Sep 14th 2016, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Unfortunately you are right, I have to improve my english ability before boarding the plane. The first reason for participating in this forum was that.
Who does know about TAFE courses in Au? Is this important to gain one of their certification or finding related job without that would be possible?
You have a skilled migrant visa, so you don't need to go to college. When you arrive you should be focusing on looking for work not going to college. Without work you will never progress onto the permanent visa.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy

I think the same could be said for quite a few on here, some of whom are English!
Old Sep 14th 2016, 10:02 am
Just Joined

I am afraid I couldn't catch your mean, Steve G. Please say that a bit simpler

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.