Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

47SK - help pleeeeeeese!!

Wikiposts

47SK - help pleeeeeeese!!

Old May 8th 2006, 10:58 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute
Default 47SK - help pleeeeeeese!!

Hi all,

Just printed off the "new" black and white form as explained in the DIMIA website and noticed some of it was slightly different from the old coloured one. They changed it to make it easier for everyone's printers and copiers but didn't say they'd changed some of the form!
Anyhooooo I digress.
You know in the bit where it asks you to name other family members AND later to include their passport pics with the application..................is that the case even when it's just me and the hubster who are applying? Do I really need to name our family members even though they have no intention of migrating with us AND to ask them to get passport pics done???????? My mother is 78 and hardly able to get herself out the house never mind sit and have her photos done in a booth!!
SURELY it's not needed????????? Am I losing the plot????/

*pearly* x
Old May 8th 2006, 11:00 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 47SK - help pleeeeeeese!!

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Hi all,

Just printed off the "new" black and white form as explained in the DIMIA website and noticed some of it was slightly different from the old coloured one. They changed it to make it easier for everyone's printers and copiers but didn't say they'd changed some of the form!
Anyhooooo I digress.
You know in the bit where it asks you to name other family members AND later to include their passport pics with the application..................is that the case even when it's just me and the hubster who are applying? Do I really need to name our family members even though they have no intention of migrating with us AND to ask them to get passport pics done???????? My mother is 78 and hardly able to get herself out the house never mind sit and have her photos done in a booth!!

*pearly* x
Passport photos are for the people applying - not anyone else.

On one part of the form you have to name parents etc family relationships and stuff but you dont need photos of them.
Old May 8th 2006, 11:04 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
Passport photos are for the people applying - not anyone else.

On one part of the form you have to name parents etc family relationships and stuff but you dont need photos of them.
Spalen,

cheers for that. I think I'm losing the plot as I've just had to fill out the new 47SK after it taking me ages to do the old one!!!!
Mite have to pick your brains on another queery about the form - once I remember which bit it was. See what I mean!!!!!

*pearly*
Old May 8th 2006, 11:20 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Spalen,

cheers for that. I think I'm losing the plot as I've just had to fill out the new 47SK after it taking me ages to do the old one!!!!
Mite have to pick your brains on another queery about the form - once I remember which bit it was. See what I mean!!!!!

*pearly*
it was 18mths ago i did mine - but i know what you mean ;-) - try posting on immigratoin forum - there are peeps on there doing theform more than on here
Old May 8th 2006, 11:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Anyhooooo I digress.

*pearly* x

You only need photo's for family not migrating with you, if it is a son/daughter or other "dependant"

EG: my 18 year old is staying in the UK, but I had to provide photo's, Medicals and PCC's for him.
Old May 8th 2006, 11:37 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

Originally Posted by WendyC
You only need photo's for family not migrating with you, if it is a son/daughter or other "dependant"

EG: my 18 year old is staying in the UK, but I had to provide photo's, Medicals and PCC's for him.
Right then Wends,

Here's one for you. You know the DIMIA have made all their forms black and white recently? Well, I printed off the 47SK and re-did it. Do I have to do it with all the others or do you think they will still be valid for a while yet?
Also, at the end of the 47SK there's various parts requiring your signature. Do I just have to sign for the Offshore bit and get my otherhalf to also sign the statement about understanding the social security protocols? Im presuming you ignore the other bits which aren't relevant to our Offshore Skilled Independent status.

*pearly*
Old May 8th 2006, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Right then Wends,

Here's one for you. You know the DIMIA have made all their forms black and white recently? Well, I printed off the 47SK and re-did it. Do I have to do it with all the others or do you think they will still be valid for a while yet?
Also, at the end of the 47SK there's various parts requiring your signature. Do I just have to sign for the Offshore bit and get my otherhalf to also sign the statement about understanding the social security protocols? Im presuming you ignore the other bits which aren't relevant to our Offshore Skilled Independent status.

*pearly*

All correct.

Try to use the most up to date form where you can. They will accept an older version, but you may be required to provide more info later on in your application which could slow things down for you.