Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

47sk - a couple of simple questions

47sk - a couple of simple questions

Old Oct 15th 2005, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Mhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really nice
Default 47sk - a couple of simple questions

I know I'm probably really dumb to ask but...

Q 16 - where can I get my visa from in the UK?
I had assumed they posted it to us.

Evidence of English language - we are all English born and bred - what formal evidence do I have to send to prove this (if any)?

Do I have to send all 2 kilos of the paperwork I sent to the TRA or just the positive assessment letter?

If so, I did a couple of Stat Decs for the TRA, but I didn't keep copies of the signed version. Will I need to get them done again?

If you know the answers to any of the above, I would be very grateful to hear from you.

Thanks

Mhairi
Old Oct 15th 2005, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 47sk - a couple of simple questions

Hi Mhairi,

I'll do my best to answer your questions

Q 16 - where can I get my visa from in the UK? Once you get your approval letter you send it with your passports for evidencing to London, this must be done by post, you cannot walk in and get it done in person anymore.

Because you are showing born and bred in England you do not need to send any proof of English language ability.

Yes you do have to send everything again - all the stuff that went to TRA as well as the approval letter, pain in the neck I know, you will need to get copies of everything certified again.

Probably not what you wanted to hear but hope it helps anyway.

Best of luck
Old Oct 15th 2005, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Mhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really nice
Default Re: 47sk - a couple of simple questions

Thanks, that's really helpful.

Just for clarification then, where it says "attend any of the department, Overseas" and requests the name of an office, do I put "London"?