Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

45yrs old, If I had a job offer could I still immigrate ?

45yrs old, If I had a job offer could I still immigrate ?

Old May 28th 2004, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb 45yrs old, If I had a job offer could I still immigrate ?

Hi
Is there an employer sponsored system ?
I am 45yrs old , if i had a job offer could i still immigrate ?
Or have I missed the chance ?
any other ways of immigrating ?
cheers
Jerry
Old May 28th 2004, 10:26 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 45yrs old, If I had a job offer could I still immigrate ?

Originally posted by jerry brewer
Hi
Is there an employer sponsored system ?
I am 45yrs old , if i had a job offer could i still immigrate ?
Or have I missed the chance ?
any other ways of immigrating ?
cheers
Jerry
Jerry, taken this quote from the dimia website:

Employer Nomination Scheme
Summary of migration requirements

The ENS has been developed for Australian employers to recruit permanent, highly-skilled staff from overseas (or temporary residents currently in Australia), when they have been unable to fill a vacancy from within the Australian labour market or through their own training programs.

The ENS process has two stages:

nomination by an employer; and
the nominee's application for a visa

Requirements for visa nominee

A visa nominee must complete and lodge application form 47ES, Application for employer sponsored migration to Australia (see later), and pay an application charge.

In general terms, the visa application will be assessed against the following:

the nominee has the skills relevant to the nominated position;

the nominee meets the definition of a 'highly-skilled person';

the nominee is able to satisfy any mandatory licensing, registration or professional membership requirements;

the employment as outlined in the approved nomination is still available;

the nominee is less than 45 years of age;

I think that if you've hit 45, then it doesn't look good, but perhaps there's someone out there that may know a way round it.

Hope this helps.

D D
Old May 28th 2004, 10:53 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Jerry,

You should really speak to an agent ASAP about your circumstances - at 45 years old it could be a borderline case and they might know ways around it to get you the visa.

There are several agents who post on this site such as Alan Collett at www.gomatilda.com that you could phone and have a quick chat with, they can advise you correctly.

Good luck !
Old May 28th 2004, 11:04 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 45yrs old, If I had a job offer could I still immigrate ?

Originally posted by DollyDaydream
Jerry, taken this quote from the dimia website:

Employer Nomination Scheme
Summary of migration requirements

The ENS has been developed for Australian employers to recruit permanent, highly-skilled staff from overseas (or temporary residents currently in Australia), when they have been unable to fill a vacancy from within the Australian labour market or through their own training programs.

The ENS process has two stages:

nomination by an employer; and
the nominee's application for a visa

Requirements for visa nominee

A visa nominee must complete and lodge application form 47ES, Application for employer sponsored migration to Australia (see later), and pay an application charge.

In general terms, the visa application will be assessed against the following:

the nominee has the skills relevant to the nominated position;

the nominee meets the definition of a 'highly-skilled person';

the nominee is able to satisfy any mandatory licensing, registration or professional membership requirements;

the employment as outlined in the approved nomination is still available;

the nominee is less than 45 years of age;

I think that if you've hit 45, then it doesn't look good, but perhaps there's someone out there that may know a way round it.

Hope this helps.

D D
Whilst other countries welcome skilled, innovative people over the age of 45, Australia rejects them. A typically narrow vision from Government of what a future Australia could be and an indictment of its future as nothing more than a town with a farm, a mine, a retirement village, and the corner hairdresser.
Old May 29th 2004, 8:48 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Jerry, I agree with Irishmolly - take some advice.

You are not definately too late at 45 but it is much, much harder.

Probably the best chance would be a sponsored temp visa and once inside OZ applying for permanent residency. No guarantee you would get the PR but it is easier from within OZ - but still difficult.

The sponsored visas do have exceptions built in allowing over 45 years but as I say not easy to qualify.

I have just turned 50 and have no "recognised" qualifications or skills as such, but an abudance of hands on experience that is not easy to find in my field. I am hoping to go the sponsored route on a temp visa.
Old May 29th 2004, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute
Default many thanks

Hi All
Many thanks for all the comments.

I put out a few feelers some months ago not knowing about the 45yr threshold, I have had , I think a good return comment, but need to figure out how to get a visa and tell them how long it might take me to get out to Oz , to see if they will wait ..
45 is a strange age limit , in NZ it seems is a lot higher like I think canada is , maybe Oz is to popular to everyone.
Thanks again all for taking the time to answer my question.
Cheers
jerry