Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

457IE- Second chance???

457IE- Second chance???

Old Mar 10th 2005, 8:42 pm
Banned

kismet136 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457IE- Second chance???- PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi there,
Could anyone give us any advice??
We have been here 2 years on the old 457IE visa and sadly it doesnt look as if we are going to qualify.
Does anyone know what our chances of coming back on PR the traditonal way. My husband is a chef by trade, 36. Would the fact that we have already been on a different visa and failed go against us??
Would really welcome any comments on this.
Cheers
kismet136

Last edited by kismet136; Mar 10th 2005 at 8:49 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 10:02 pm
owieb

Default Re: 457IE- Second chance???- PLEASE HELP!!!

Originally Posted by kismet136
Hi there,
Could anyone give us any advice??
We have been here 2 years on the old 457IE visa and sadly it doesnt look as if we are going to qualify.
Does anyone know what our chances of coming back on PR the traditonal way. My husband is a chef by trade, 36. Would the fact that we have already been on a different visa and failed go against us??
Would really welcome any comments on this.
Cheers
kismet136
I assume it wouldn't make any difference.

I was on a 457IE whilst applying for a 136. I used the 457IE as a means to get to Australia and get started as I wasn't sure whether I would be able to get a 136 due to ACS RPL.

Manged to get 136 so my 457IE was replaced with that.

I don't think it is a case of "failing"; you can't fail on a 457IE all that can happen is that once it expires you have to leave or apply for permanent residency if you want to stay (I also believe that it can be extended for another couple of years, but this may have changed, worth checking on DIMA site). The 457IE is a temporary visa.

Sure someone like JAJ or Alan Collett will be able to confirm as there have been loads of changes to the business category visas; and I haven't really kept up with them.

Last edited by owieb; Mar 10th 2005 at 10:20 pm.

Old Mar 10th 2005, 10:48 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457IE- Second chance???- PLEASE HELP!!!

Originally Posted by owieb
I assume it wouldn't make any difference.

I was on a 457IE whilst applying for a 136. I used the 457IE as a means to get to Australia and get started as I wasn't sure whether I would be able to get a 136 due to ACS RPL.

Manged to get 136 so my 457IE was replaced with that.

I don't think it is a case of "failing"; you can't fail on a 457IE all that can happen is that once it expires you have to leave or apply for permanent residency if you want to stay (I also believe that it can be extended for another couple of years, but this may have changed, worth checking on DIMA site). The 457IE is a temporary visa.

Sure someone like JAJ or Alan Collett will be able to confirm as there have been loads of changes to the business category visas; and I haven't really kept up with them.
Advice here is very simple - get some *good* professional advice on your options, and do that now rather than in the future.

Jeremy