Reload this Page >

457ie No Feedback Yet!

457ie No Feedback Yet!

Old Oct 3rd 2002, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

ianduggan5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457ie No Feedback Yet!

Hi All,

We have just found this site after we have applied for our 457ie, we will be setting up our own business. We filled in the forms without an agent as they seemed pretty simple, including a business plan, etc:

AHC took our payment the next day after submitting it, Aug 22nd so we know that they have got it but we have yet to hear anything from them after six weeks, processing time is meant to be three weeks as per AHC web site. We did telephone AHC after four weeks and spoke to the operator, who told us, in a very snotty manner to wait, she was English so it has not coloured our wish to go. Tried the e-mail link on the AHC website to [email protected] but again no response.

Has anybody had any luck at contacting AHC without a case officer or file number, or has anybody any other suggestions as to how we find out what is going on?
Old Oct 4th 2002, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

dm543 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 457ie No Feedback Yet!

Are you in the UK?

I'm in Canada and I'm just about to send off my 457ie visa application. One time I phoned the Australian High Commission here in Canada to ask some questions, but they give very quick one-word answers on the phone and don't seem to enjoy answering questions (even though its their job).

I doubt that they give any kind of status updates for you over the phone. You probably have to wait until they mail you an approval or rejection letter, and then go from there.

:-)
Old Oct 4th 2002, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: 457ie No Feedback Yet!

Hi DM

Yes we are in the UK. I see from your earlier post that you are trying the 457ie route as well, where are you intending to go?

I received an e-mail bounce back this morning from our e-mail to [email protected] it seems that the account does not actually exist so they do want to communicate that way either.

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: No Response
Sent: 03/10/2002 10:21

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

[email protected] on 03/10/2002 10:21
The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
<chch-ds01l.canberra.satin.lo #5.1.1 X-Notes; User firstenquires.lhlh ([email protected]) not listed in public Name & Address Book>

We do not mind the waiting but service with a smile seems sadly lacking, if it is happening in Canada then it looks endemic
Old Oct 4th 2002, 8:02 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Ian,

Just a thought: is the spelling of "enquiries" in the email address correct ...??

Best regards.

Originally posted by ianduggan5:
Hi DM

Yes we are in the UK. I see from your earlier post that you are trying the 457ie route as well, where are you intending to go?

I received an e-mail bounce back this morning from our e-mail to [email protected] it seems that the account does not actually exist so they do want to communicate that way either.

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: No Response
Sent: 03/10/2002 10:21

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

[email protected] on 03/10/2002 10:21
The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
<chch-ds01l.canberra.satin.lo #5.1.1 X-Notes; User firstenquires.lhlh ([email protected]) not listed in public Name & Address Book>

We do not mind the waiting but service with a smile seems sadly lacking, if it is happening in Canada then it looks endemic
Old Oct 4th 2002, 8:14 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Try this:

http://www.australia.org.uk/contact/[email protected]

AHC Contact Email
Old Oct 4th 2002, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Ptlabs, Alan,

Thanks for the help, I have just had an email techhie look into the problem. The email address is a PRIVATE address and you can only use the form on the web page to send email to it. They should really make this PUBLIC to advoid confusion as you cannot send to it from an email client such as Outlook.