British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   457ie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/457ie-108344/)

bleggy May 15th 2002 4:46 pm

457ie

Does anybody out there have experience of applying and obtaining a 457IE visa. Any info would be appreciated.

Mark

aliceJ Jun 26th 2002 9:31 pm

Re: 457ie

Hello,

We are getting our stuff together to submit an application (currently working on a business plan). How far have you got?

Alice

Pablo Picasso Jun 26th 2002 10:18 pm

Hi,

We applied in April for this type of visa. Last week we got the forms back requesting us to go for medicals, which we took straight away. these are being sent off tomorrow, so with any luck we should get some good news in a couple of weeks.

We used Doug Elkins at Concept Australia, who was very professional, courteous and efficient. I would recommend him anyone. He told us that there was about an 8-10 week wait for processing, and sure enough 8 weeks and 2 days later........

If you send me an e-mail i can fill you in with all the details.

Cheers

Paul

bleggy Jun 27th 2002 4:09 pm

Hi Alice

We are currently preparing a business plan and trying frantically to save up for the money required for the visa. What line of business are you looking at establishing?

Mark

aliceJ Jun 27th 2002 8:29 pm

Hotels, motels and caravan parks. We won't know where until we've headed out there. What about you? Are you going it alone or with a migration agent and what is your business venture?

bleggy Jun 27th 2002 8:43 pm

We certainly intend to use a migration agent. We will be setting up an accountancy practice in Adelaide when we get over there and maybe look into a few other ventures we have in mind as time goes on.

Have you been in touch with any agents and how far down the road arew you with the application.

Mark

aliceJ Jun 27th 2002 8:55 pm

We contacted alot of agents who quoted us from $3200 to $6000.
We think we can do it ourselves as the hardest part for us is drawing up the business plan.

We've done a fair bit of market research, got lots of property details through (although mostly not good enough to use), we've sent off for police certs, spoke to banks for business loans, done the capital breakdown, looked at licencing and have part of the bus plan drawn up.

We're not sure if we are going into too much detail on the business plan!

Ravenhousehold Jul 2nd 2002 1:20 pm

My husband is using Concept Australia and is having his skills assesed - which I know
is still very early. He is very pleased with them so far - they won't even accept you
if they feel you will not be accepted by DIMIA which we felt was fair enough. Try
their website - www.conceptaustralia.co.uk Nikki