Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

457 Visa and Return Flights to Home country

457 Visa and Return Flights to Home country

Old May 7th 2007, 5:27 am
Banned

cufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant future
Default 457 Visa and Return Flights to Home country

On the immigration website under employer obligations it states that the employer is responsible for costs of return travel to the Home Country for visa holder and dependants, anyone done this or know anything about it.
Old May 7th 2007, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of
Default Re: 457 Visa and Return Flights to Home country

I believe it depends on the package you agree with your employer.
Mine has certainly never offered, and I don't think I'd have the cheek to ask them!
I'd imagine if you have transferred to an Australian office with your company in Britain you'd have more chance.
But it was my choice to come here, the job/employer has nothing to do with the UK and therefore I'd never expect them to pay for my trips back.
I think it will depend on your situation.
Old May 7th 2007, 6:28 am
Banned

cufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DianneH68
I believe it depends on the package you agree with your employer.
Mine has certainly never offered, and I don't think I'd have the cheek to ask them!
I'd imagine if you have transferred to an Australian office with your company in Britain you'd have more chance.
But it was my choice to come here, the job/employer has nothing to do with the UK and therefore I'd never expect them to pay for my trips back.
I think it will depend on your situation.
The immigration website states that the employer must be willing and able to meet those costs for sponsored person and family members... nothing to do with your contract or package purely an obligation on the employers part. Im just wondering why people dont use it as i know a number of people who have paid their own way back. I dont think its a cheek if it an obligation the employer has agreed to with immigration
Old May 7th 2007, 6:30 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cufc
The immigration website states that the employer must be willing and able to meet those costs for sponsored person and family members... nothing to do with your contract or package purely an obligation on the employers part. Im just wondering why people dont use it as i know a number of people who have paid their own way back. I dont think its a cheek if it an obligation the employer has agreed to with immigration
I think its more your return to the UK when the visa period is finished rather than holiday trips.
Old May 7th 2007, 6:33 am
Banned

Originally Posted by northernbird
I think its more your return to the UK when the visa period is finished rather than holiday trips.
Thats what i mean, sorry if people thought i meant a trip to see the rellies!!!
I just dont know why people dont use this as i know a number who havent. Would love to hear from someone who has... i will be at work in the morning and presenting the immigration info to my managers.
Old May 7th 2007, 6:39 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I just dont know why people dont use this as i know a number who havent. Would love to hear from someone who has... i will be at work in the morning and presenting the immigration info to my managers.
I think its because a lot of people come on a 457 with the intention of making it a more permenant move in the longer term.
Old May 7th 2007, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

Loiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant future

Im thinking of movong to oz on 457 im a nurse. queensland health just sent me some info which says they offer relocation assistance packages that CAN include - economy class airfares for employees and family, temporary accommodation, subsidy for initial application, fees and visa costs, health insurance costs but i note the word can. I think it depends on how hard you barter with them initially.
Old May 7th 2007, 6:46 am
Banned

Originally Posted by northernbird
I think its because a lot of people come on a 457 with the intention of making it a more permenant move in the longer term.
I agree that that is the case but i know at least seven couples over the last 4 years who have returned at their cost. Employers obviously dont tell you about their obligation. I will however and dont feel it is a cheeky thing to do.
Old May 7th 2007, 6:48 am
Banned

I agree that that is the case but i know at least seven couples over the last 4 years who have returned at their cost. Employers obviously dont tell you about their obligation. I will however and dont feel it is a cheeky thing to do.
Loiner i work for Queensland Health... i got a relocation package 4 years ago but if you are on a 457 visa and are returning back to your home country they are obliged to meet those costs as part of their employer obligations under that visa.
Old May 7th 2007, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Ah sorry, apologies cufc!
That's a different situation then. I didn't know the employer was meant to pay for you to go back - worth knowing if I ever decide to go back (not that I plan on doing so anytime soon!)
Old May 7th 2007, 6:53 am
Banned

Originally Posted by DianneH68
Ah sorry, apologies cufc!
That's a different situation then. I didn't know the employer was meant to pay for you to go back - worth knowing if I ever decide to go back (not that I plan on doing so anytime soon!)
No worries DianneH ... we will be returning to OZ at some point as it is a fantastic country but professionally i have just had the worst 4 years of my life