Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

457 visa processing time

457 visa processing time

Old May 3rd 2006, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

OBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really nice
Default 457 visa processing time

Does anyone know how long the processing time is for 457 visa applications at the moment?
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:39 pm
One of Big G's girls.

Loubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 457 visa processing time

Originally Posted by OBI WAN
Does anyone know how long the processing time is for 457 visa applications at the moment?
Mine took 5 weeks. ( Got it in March ).I think it can be done quicker but we all needed X-rays and medicals.
Old May 3rd 2006, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Ours was lodged 3 April. Had x-rays and kids meds on 20 April. Now we are just waiting to hear from them.

Old May 3rd 2006, 7:17 pm
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Luma
Ours was lodged 3 April. Had x-rays and kids meds on 20 April. Now we are just waiting to hear from them.
Hi,
Ours was lodged on the 25 April (e-visa), front loaded meds, had them the same day as we lodged the application, got police checks here and waiting to send off, just waiting for the word.

Good Luck everyone!!

Rachel & Paul
Old May 3rd 2006, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Police checks weren't required for our 457 visa.
But we've done them anyway as we'll be applying for a 136 once we get to Oz.

Originally Posted by Rachel & Paul
Hi,
Ours was lodged on the 25 April (e-visa), front loaded meds, had them the same day as we lodged the application, got police checks here and waiting to send off, just waiting for the word.

Good Luck everyone!!

Rachel & Paul
Old May 3rd 2006, 8:50 pm
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light

we've done them anyway as we'll be applying for a 136 once we get to Oz.
We'll be doing the same when we get there.
Where are you heading for? We are going to Adelaide. Cant wait
Old May 3rd 2006, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

We're off to Perth.

Originally Posted by Rachel & Paul
We'll be doing the same when we get there.
Where are you heading for? We are going to Adelaide. Cant wait
Old May 3rd 2006, 8:52 pm
Nothing is Free!

We're off to Perth.
Doh!!
I see it now under your pic...............sorry
Old May 4th 2006, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

pen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nice

Thanks! You've saved me writing a post! I was just considering the same question!
pen8uin

Old May 6th 2006, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Visa granted on 4 May - so it has taken just under 5 weeks.

Old May 16th 2006, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

seven is an unknown quantity at this point

congratulation new on this forum
any one with 457 to sydney, do you have any idea how long it,s take after you receive co. we aplied e-visa on 17 april did medicals 0n 23 april and was finlised on 28 april.got co last friday 13 may. any idea how long i need to wait. i am so tired for waiting
Old May 16th 2006, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

liverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by seven
any one with 457 to sydney, do you have any idea how long it,s take after you receive co. we aplied e-visa on 17 april did medicals 0n 23 april and was finlised on 28 april.got co last friday 13 may. any idea how long i need to wait. i am so tired for waiting
Hi, we applied for e visa for Sydney on 7th April, had on line meds/x rays on 25th April. the last I heard was last Friday and case officer had not even looked at it! Hope to get it soon as job supposed to start 3rd July and flights are booked for 14th June. I'm sure we'll get it just in time!
Old May 16th 2006, 7:34 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven
I read recently about a 457 being processed in 2 weeks, b ut normal is about 5 weeks.

Think yourself lucky that its only 5 weeks not 6-12 months minimum for most of the skilled visas !!!!
Old May 16th 2006, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

KelnIan is a jewel in the roughKelnIan is a jewel in the roughKelnIan is a jewel in the roughKelnIan is a jewel in the rough

Hi Everyone

We are also going to Sydney on a 457, our application was lodged around the 1st of may by the agent over their, we were advised by the agent to have out x-rays done and daughters med Asap so they were sent on 23rd march, just received confirmation from the LCU that they have now finally recieved them. Now just waiting, i guess we will proboably have another couple of weeks yet, looking at the general feed back from everyone.

We have excepted an offer on our house today, I expect we are looking to be in Sydney about July time, darn it ! looks like its most expensive time to fly, must have something to do with our summer holidays, o well still very excited. Good luck to all off you

Kelnian
Old May 16th 2006, 7:58 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KelnIan
Hi Everyone

We are also going to Sydney on a 457, our application was lodged around the 1st of may by the agent over their, we were advised by the agent to have out x-rays done and daughters med Asap so they were sent on 23rd march, just received confirmation from the LCU that they have now finally recieved them. Now just waiting, i guess we will proboably have another couple of weeks yet, looking at the general feed back from everyone.

We have excepted an offer on our house today, I expect we are looking to be in Sydney about July time, darn it ! looks like its most expensive time to fly, must have something to do with our summer holidays, o well still very excited. Good luck to all off you

Kelnian
sounds like things are moving very nicely. It can be quite expensive to fly at that time because of the holiday period. don't forget to shop around.

I am hoping to be leaving on 2nd Jan 2007, so quite cheap now the wait for my new boss to start the application !!!!!