457 Visa Part 2

Old May 14th 2003, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

garywarby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 Visa Saga Part 2

Hi All,
I found out something yesterday, when medical agencies place individuals like my girlfriend Clare(Radiographer). The hospital has to pay the agency a few thousand $'s, plus the agency get 11% of the wage paid to Clare from the hospital ! Not a bad screw is is? It is no wonder that hospitals are reluctant to sponsor!

I think the initial payment depends on the length of the placement, 6 months, 1 year etc, etc. So the position we are in at the moment is that we are in posession of a 457 with Drake Medical Agency, however the agency can't get any work for Clare, so we need to find a new sponsor, the Rockhampton position is ideal, but he needs authorisation from above to pay the agency. Medicals, X-Rays, Police check still valid, We will fly out when we get the money from the house (4 weeks) before Clare has a new sponsor she Can't work. I believe we have 28 days to find a new sponsor. Clare's profession is on the MODL list so can the 457 be fast tracked.

At the moment I can't sleep or eat or do anything because I am worried sick!!

Please anybody . Advice

Gary

Last edited by garywarby; May 14th 2003 at 6:01 pm.