Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

457 visa help needed

457 visa help needed

Old Jan 23rd 2007, 3:37 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light
Default 457 visa help needed

Me and my girlfriend go to Cairns in june. We are going on a 457 visa, girlfriend got sponsership as a nurse. She as had a medical and just about to go for chest x-ray. What i need to know is do i need to have these and is there anything else i need to get done?? I have read i may need the chest x-ray, just wonderd if anyone knows for sure? I will be working as an electrician out there.
Thanks
Stu
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:16 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 visa help needed

Originally Posted by stu:0
Me and my girlfriend go to Cairns in june. We are going on a 457 visa, girlfriend got sponsership as a nurse. She as had a medical and just about to go for chest x-ray. What i need to know is do i need to have these and is there anything else i need to get done?? I have read i may need the chest x-ray, just wonderd if anyone knows for sure? I will be working as an electrician out there.
Thanks
Stu
I'm not quite at that stage yet myself, but as far as I know, both applicants on the visa application, and any children above a certain age need also to have medicals & xrays. Its nothing too in depth because its only a temp visa, but it must be done.

I imagine you or your wifes new employer are using an agent, send them a quick email to confirm the details.

Good luck down under.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:53 pm
The Murphsters

The Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to all

I think it depends on what job you are being sponsored for, we are going on a 457 and we only needed chest x-rays not medicals. But Nurses may have to have a full medical judging from what someone else said on here.
if you are doing your application online it tells you right away what you need to have done.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 7:55 pm
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Stu
Hey Stu,

Unless your visa is for 11 months or less then both you and your partner will need an X-ray. Children under 11 years old do not have an X-ray, just a medical and if any applicants will be working in a medical or educational environment, they will need a medical too.

Chances are you will just need an X-ray. You should be sent a 160 form from the company sponsoring you (or their agent.) You make an appointment with a radiologist listed on the DIMIA website (see panel doctors) fill in ceratin sections of the form and then take it along to get your X-ray done.

The radiologist will complete the Xray and from and forward the report to the Dept of Immigration.

Not much to worry about really, it's pretty straight forward. If your partner has been directed to do this but not you, I would check that you are included in the application as meds and xrays are usually done at the same time for all applicants. Were you named as her defacto on the 1066 form?

Em
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 8:01 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by emmahafryn
Hey Stu,

Unless your visa is for 11 months or less then both you and your partner will need an X-ray. Children under 11 years old do not have an X-ray, just a medical and if any applicants will be working in a medical or educational environment, they will need a medical too.

Chances are you will just need an X-ray. You should be sent a 160 form from the company sponsoring you (or their agent.) You make an appointment with a radiologist listed on the DIMIA website (see panel doctors) fill in ceratin sections of the form and then take it along to get your X-ray done.

The radiologist will complete the Xray and from and forward the report to the Dept of Immigration.

Not much to worry about really, it's pretty straight forward. If your partner has been directed to do this but not you, I would check that you are included in the application as meds and xrays are usually done at the same time for all applicants. Were you named as her defacto on the 1066 form?

Em
Thanks for getting back. Yes im down as defacto. Katy has had the medical but she has gone and done it before advised Its maybe best we hang on getting the x-rays done until we are told to. She just cant bloody wait! We'v emaild the visa guy but he aint getting back to us
Stu
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 8:11 pm
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for getting back. Yes im down as defacto. Katy has had the medical but she has gone and done it before advised Its maybe best we hang on getting the x-rays done until we are told to. She just cant bloody wait! We'v emaild the visa guy but he aint getting back to us
Stu
Hey Stu, don't stress - it'll all be fine!
It shouldn't be a problem getting meds or Xrays done early. Usually, with a 457application, it's electronically lodged and the xray and med requests are automatically generated. If she's a 457 sponsored nurse there's very little chance of a problem so it's really your call whether you get your xray done now or wait for the official request. It's a pretty quick and simple process however so even if you wait, it won't take long to get it done and lodge the results with DIMA. Once that's done your visa grant won't be far behind.

Good luck!
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 8:40 pm
Sparky Stu

Originally Posted by emmahafryn
Hey Stu, don't stress - it'll all be fine!
It shouldn't be a problem getting meds or Xrays done early. Usually, with a 457application, it's electronically lodged and the xray and med requests are automatically generated. If she's a 457 sponsored nurse there's very little chance of a problem so it's really your call whether you get your xray done now or wait for the official request. It's a pretty quick and simple process however so even if you wait, it won't take long to get it done and lodge the results with DIMA. Once that's done your visa grant won't be far behind.

Good luck!
Hey i dont do stress, life's to short and i wana learn to surf first
We'r just tryin to make sure everything is as it should be. Iv the house to rent out next!!!!
Stu
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:02 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Stu
With all the crocs and jellyfish round that part of QLD, you may wish to think about surfing somehwere else!!
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:18 pm
Sparky Stu

Originally Posted by stevemich
With all the crocs and jellyfish round that part of QLD, you may wish to think about surfing somehwere else!!
Good point
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all

Stu
Hi Stu

Don't worry about waiting to have meds done until advised to do so. Though in saying that you are taking a minor risk in that if anything goes wrong with the application DIMIA will not refund your expenses for meds etc. Thou I'm sure everything will be fine. Xrays and medicals can be front ended on a 457. We took the risk and arranged our meds etc before we were asked to do so. We downloaded our forms from the Dimia website or you could always pick them up from Australia house which we also ended up doing but that's a different story.

Good luck with your application.

Mx
Old Jan 24th 2007, 12:57 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Me and my girlfriend go to Cairns in june. We are going on a 457 visa, girlfriend got sponsership as a nurse.
Why is her employer not sponsoring her for a permanent visa (ENS or RSMS)?
Old Jan 24th 2007, 12:58 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

There's generally no surf on the Queensland coast north of Agnes Water (near Gladstone - a long way from Cairns).
Old Jan 24th 2007, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JAJ
Why is her employer not sponsoring her for a permanent visa (ENS or RSMS)?

Yaaawnn!
Old Jan 24th 2007, 8:37 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windog
Yaaawnn!
Well...as an agent...I expect JAJ has had his fair share of trying to help people sort out the mess they can find themselves in on temporary visas.

Let's hope you don't need help from someone like him in future.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Grayling
Well...as an agent...I expect JAJ has had his fair share of trying to help people sort out the mess they can find themselves in on temporary visas.

Let's hope you don't need help from someone like him in future.
I am sure you are quite correct, but there is a question of degree. To read JAJ's comments on 457 visa's it would seem that thousands of people a year are being evicted from Australia kicking and screaming for some minor infringement of this 'spawn of the devil' type visa. It just seems strange that, in the 6 months I have been frequenting these forums, I think I have come across one poster who is haveing trouble with a 457 visa.

Yes there are drawbacks to consider, and seriously, and usefull informed opinion is very helpfull, but blanket condemnation every time a 457 visa is mentioned is not.

Call me cynical but I am sure that it could have nothing to do with the fact that agents will seldom earn anything from this type of visa.

For one deranged cogenital moron who is risking life limb and a thousand years in purgatory by coming to Australia on one of these visa's, I find the lack of balance everytime a 457 is mentioned less than helpful

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.