Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

457 Sponsored visa re: medicals and accommodation

457 Sponsored visa re: medicals and accommodation

Old Nov 28th 2004, 10:10 am
ad4ozz

Question 457 Sponsored visa re: medicals and accommodation

If you are on a 457 Visa it states your employer has to look after you during your visa time re: medical costs and accommodation. What does this entail do they have to cover rent or just till I find place then I take over? And do they cover medicare or do I just get bog standard health care?

Old Nov 28th 2004, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 457 Sponsored visa re: medicals and accommodation

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
If you are on a 457 Visa it states your employer has to look after you during your visa time re: medical costs and accommodation. What does this entail do they have to cover rent or just till I find place then I take over? And do they cover medicare or do I just get bog standard health care?
Good question, sorry i don't know the answers,
I am going out on 457 and they are paying my accomodation for 6 weeks and airfares. Will let you know if i hear any more.

Di
Old Nov 28th 2004, 12:37 pm
ad4ozz

Cheers...

It is for next door neighbour who is going to Melbourne on a sponsered as well...will pass on the 6 weeks part.

Old Nov 28th 2004, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

Originally Posted by ad4ozz

Myself and my partner are going out on a 457 and his company are paying for the first 4 weeks accommodation (thereafter we have to find somewhere to live, which is cool, it gives us 4 weeks to decide where the best place for us to live is).
Old Nov 28th 2004, 7:25 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going on a 457 in January - didn't know about the accomadation thing - do you have to stay where the employer wants you to or do you have independant choice??
Where should I look to find out about all this?

Cas
Old Nov 28th 2004, 7:35 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I'm going on a 457 in January - didn't know about the accomadation thing - do you have to stay where the employer wants you to or do you have independant choice??
As far as DIMIA are concerned, you can stay where you like.

We don't have special compounds for expatriates in Australia (unlike Saudi Arabia ... ) if that's really what you were asking.

Jeremy
Old Nov 28th 2004, 7:38 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
As far as DIMIA are concerned, you can stay where you like.

We don't have special compounds for expatriates in Australia (unlike Saudi Arabia ... ) if that's really what you were asking.

Jeremy
LOL, no I wasn't thinking on those lines!
Thinking of nursing acommadation of some kind - all very well if you are 18.....but I'm not!

Cas
Old Nov 28th 2004, 7:43 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
LOL, no I wasn't thinking on those lines!
Thinking of nursing acommadation of some kind - all very well if you are 18.....but I'm not!

Cas
Ask your employer. I'd be surprised if they provide accommodation, and even if they did, you'd probably be free not to use it as long as you paid the bill (to rent elsewhere) yourself.

Jeremy