Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

457 and school fees?

457 and school fees?

Old Sep 8th 2008, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

coldbob is an unknown quantity at this point
Post 457 and school fees?

Hi, can anyone enlighten me as to school fees in Queensland?

I have read both that state schools are free to children on 457's and that you have to pay $8000 per child.
Anyone know the correct answer to this one?
Old Sep 8th 2008, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice
Default Re: 457 and school fees?

School fees are payable in some states on a 457 -- hence the confusion. Sorry I cant tell you whether they are payable in QL but if you google Department of Education for Queensland and temporary visa holders enrollement you should find what you are looking for......
Old Sep 8th 2008, 7:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coldbob
Hi, can anyone enlighten me as to school fees in Queensland?

I have read both that state schools are free to children on 457's and that you have to pay $8000 per child.
Anyone know the correct answer to this one?
Do a search on here for school fees queensland and you should find loads of threads on it - or wait till the Qlders get up
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

Here is a copy of an email we got from Qld Education...

"As you are the holder of a 457 subclass (Business – long stay) your children can enrol directly at any Queensland government school and international fees will not be payable. Your children can be enrolled as any other domestic student would be. When you have chosen a school, make an appointment to enrol the children and make sure you take a copy of passports and your visa showing your subclass number (an email print out will suffice if you have an evisa)."

We are now going on a Permanent Visa...
Cheers
HKA
x
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Fees in NSW and ACT (and Tas?) but Queensland is fee free - except for the voluntary contributions (which they will expect everyone to pay)
Old Sep 9th 2008, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

coldbob is an unknown quantity at this point

Great, thanks for the explanation. Am now actually thinking about moving back to UK instead of Aus (I currently live in Norway).
Thanks everyone.