Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

457 to PR - how long did it take?

457 to PR - how long did it take?

Old Feb 15th 2005, 11:52 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 to PR - how long did it take?

As many may know, I'm here on a 457, and am going to apply for PR - application will go n this week.
Meds and police check is still valid - so does not have to be re-done - thank fft
Has anyone else gone from 457 to PR while in Aus, and how long did it take ?

Cas
Old Feb 15th 2005, 1:37 pm
Account Closed

Default Re: 457 to PR - how long did it take?

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
As many may know, I'm here on a 457, and am going to apply for PR - application will go n this week.
Meds and police check is still valid - so does not have to be re-done - thank fft

Cas
bump - sorry
Old Feb 15th 2005, 1:38 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

I dont know but I hope not long :-)
Old Feb 15th 2005, 1:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
I dont know but I hope not long :-)
not as much as I do !

give them a week, then start nagging
Old Feb 15th 2005, 3:03 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

maximum - maybe less
Old Feb 15th 2005, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

melbournebound is an unknown quantity at this point

Cas,
We are in Melbourne on 457 (betterhalf has already spoken too you online) with our pr application we arranged our police checks a month before we applied, in all including getting medicals done it took from 25th October to getting pre visa grant letter on 4th January 2005 ( 11 weeks in total). We are leaving Melbourne on the 18th Feb to go to Auckland to collect our visa from the Over Seas Mission on the 21st (as per our co's latest email).

Hope this gives you a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

Melbournebound

Cas
Old Feb 15th 2005, 11:03 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by melbournebound
Cas,
We are in Melbourne on 457 (betterhalf has already spoken too you online) with our pr application we arranged our police checks a month before we applied, in all including getting medicals done it took from 25th October to getting pre visa grant letter on 4th January 2005 ( 11 weeks in total). We are leaving Melbourne on the 18th Feb to go to Auckland to collect our visa from the Over Seas Mission on the 21st (as per our co's latest email).

Hope this gives you a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

Melbournebound
Thanks, again for that

Wondering if anybody has done it with meds and pc still valid - and so not required again??

Cas
Old Feb 17th 2005, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Mandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really nice

Thanks, again for that

Wondering if anybody has done it with meds and pc still valid - and so not required again??

Cas
Hello Cas
You know I had to have meds & police re-done but they recieved the new ones on the 11th Jan and I recieved pre grant on 10th Feb. So it took a month for them to say yes.
Mandy