Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

457 Medical and Blood Tests referred

457 Medical and Blood Tests referred

Old Jul 21st 2006, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

shonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant future
Default 457 Medical and Blood Tests referred

I made the mistake of checking my application progress on the DIMIA website. It would appear that both my medical and blood tests have been referred! I had an abnormal smear in 2001 but now have the all clear and am back on 3 year recall and I also had a car accident and suffered whiplash a year ago but do not have any problems with that now. The panel doc attached medical reports about my smear and also my most recent all clear result. He also stated that I had no problems now with regard to my car accident. As far as the blood tests go I am hoping that as I am a nurse the whole thing is bundled together and one part being referred means that it is all referred. I contacted the panel doctor prior to sending off the results to Sydney and they said that I got the all clear on the blood tests! I am hoping that nothing has changed! I have e-mailed my CO but she is not back at work until Monday. It will be an anxious wait until then, I start work on the 4th September and not sure if I will ever get there!

Any advice or reassurance much appreciated.
Old Jul 21st 2006, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

shonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant future
Default Re: 457 Medical and Blood Tests referred

Did I throw myself into a fit of panic too soon? The referral date was the 19th July but above that it says that the health requirements were finalised on the 21st July. Does this mean I have the all clear? It doesn't take much these days to put me completely on edge!
Old Jul 21st 2006, 11:59 am
Just Joined

tracy21 is an unknown quantity at this point

SAME THINGS happen to me mine have been referred for 4 weeks i dont for how long i am going to wait it,s just to difficult to wait and you dont, know until when. hope we wil be all ok .i just look like they referre anything wich is not clear. as the CO for LCU have no any idea about medical. cheers
Old Jul 21st 2006, 8:07 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracy21
SAME THINGS happen to me mine have been referred for 4 weeks i dont for how long i am going to wait it,s just to difficult to wait and you dont, know until when. hope we wil be all ok .i just look like they referre anything wich is not clear. as the CO for LCU have no any idea about medical. cheers
Thats right - anything which isn't straight forward MUST be referred, the case officers can'tdeal with it. Donesn't mean you have anything to worry about.