Reload this Page >

457 - Headache!!!

457 - Headache!!!

Old May 5th 2003, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

garywarby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 - Headache!!!

Hi,
My last thread (Disaster has Stuck!) is still causing us concern, My partner Clare has been sponsored by a Australian Medical agency(Drake) but the nice lady told us on Friday that the Brisbane office has closed, hence she is struggling to find Clare work. Becuse the house sale is well advanced, complete in about 4 weeks we are in a quandry. The sponsorship is through Drake's own scheme and not with a hospital, we are still trying to get the 457 transferred, but it seems as though hospitals are reluctant because we are still in the UK. So heres the question, would we be able to travel on the Visa we have got, as long as we can prove we can support ourselves while the Visa is transferred, and also can it be transferred while we are in OZ. What really Pi**es me off is that everybody seems to be of the opinion that Radiographers are a rare commodity everywhere in OZ.

We are looking to gain PR in the future, so we do not want to Jeapordise our PR, by alienating the DIMIA, can we travel? or must we get the 457 before we leave, and what's the lead time for doing so? Is it possible to get it transferred in about 4 weeks.
Please Advise!
Gary