British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   457 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/457-316125/)

ANA123 Jul 26th 2005 11:35 am

Can anyone give me an approximate waiting time for a 457 visa? or are there too many variables? I dont know anyone who came by this route and have some anxious friends waiting in sunny birmingham, they dont use the site so I thought I might get an idea for them?
Thanks,
Michaela

Phoenixuk2oz Jul 26th 2005 11:38 am

Re: 457

Hi Michaela

You might get more response on the immigration forum ;)

Sorry I can't be any more help than that :o

poshrice Jul 26th 2005 11:47 am

Originally Posted by mcmercer
Can anyone give me an approximate waiting time for a 457 visa? or are there too many variables? I dont know anyone who came by this route and have some anxious friends waiting in sunny birmingham, they dont use the site so I thought I might get an idea for them?
Thanks,
Michaela

Hiya i am in birmingham too we started whole process last october the 18th to be precise lol at least that was whne hubby emailed guy for a job and we got our 457's this month only thing stopping us from going is selling the house (it went on beginning of march) hope this helps also the priory in edgbaston was great fornour xrays so would definitely recommend them my 18mth old son had to have a medical and this was done at handsworth wood medical centre again excellent so good luck to them tell tehm to PM me if they want to chat where are they headed we are off to sydney.

kind regards
poshrice :D :beer:

Bix Jul 26th 2005 11:49 am

Thanks,
Michaela

From the time the employer received approval of the nomination to the time we received the visa grant against an online application was 7 weeks.

Mainly because we discovered the meds sat in the UK doctors for 3 weeks.
So 1 month would have been the timeframe for us.

Have seen quite a few in the less than 8 weeks timeframe.......but it's pretty open ended guess territory with no guarantees.

ANA123 Jul 26th 2005 11:54 am

Thanks all for replys, I'll forward the thread to them.
Poshrice, they're also heading to Sydney so may e mail you when they get the thread, be careful about putting your e mail address on here though, apparently safer to pm it, not sure why but have seen warnings many times not to!
Thanks again,
Michaela

Bella Donna Jul 26th 2005 12:07 pm

Thanks,
Michaela

Hi Michaela,

We applied on-line on 30th May and our visas were granted on 23rd June. Everything was straightforward for us in terms of x-rays and the medical for our daughter. Dh's employers got their end approved overnight.

HTH. Good luck to your friends. :)