Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

45 Weeks And Counting.....

45 Weeks And Counting.....

Old Jan 16th 2005, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

sheila and joe is on a distinguished road
Default 45 Weeks And Counting.....

well we have now passed 45 weeks of waiting and the 50 week mark will be up on 17th Feb.... has anyone had to wait more than 50 weeks??? I dont think I can take it any more .........what do dimma do after 50 weeks?? anybody out there with an answer pleeeeeaaaase
Old Jan 16th 2005, 8:41 am
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 45 Weeks And Counting.....

Hi

Are you saying you have had no response what so ever from DIMIA 45 weeks after sending you application?

I assume you do have a Case Officer right?

Gary

Originally Posted by sheila and joe
well we have now passed 45 weeks of waiting and the 50 week mark will be up on 17th Feb.... has anyone had to wait more than 50 weeks??? I dont think I can take it any more .........what do dimma do after 50 weeks?? anybody out there with an answer pleeeeeaaaase
Old Jan 16th 2005, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

stressed out will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gsb
Hi

Are you saying you have had no response what so ever from DIMIA 45 weeks after sending you application?

Gary

Same as us . 50 weeks on 17th feb and still no Co
we did frontload in december so maybe that is why we have heard nothing,not a thing. You do start to panic a little,but I'm sure it will
work out in the end
Old Jan 16th 2005, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gsb
Hi

Gary
we are using a UK agent and yes they have acknowledged reciept but I havent asked about a CO -- my worry is what happens if we DONT hear by 50 weeks -- what do dimma do in these circumstances? and how much longer are we then expected to wait??

PS I am going to email my agent with the same question today --- but I find with the forum I can have more of a rant and show more emotion -- whereas with the agent I keep everything nice and polite
sheila
Old Jan 16th 2005, 9:52 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know how you do it DIMIA's had my application for 6 weeks 137 STNI so we're looking at anothe 4 1/2 months max and are already feeling the pressure
my heart goes out to you
Old Jan 16th 2005, 10:46 am
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

If I were in your shoes I would get the name and email address of my CO and then by pass my agent and go straight to the CO.

I did not use an agent at all, because I think they are way too expensive and also our application was pretty straight forward. Over the whole process I have been in contact with both the TRA and DIMIA. Our CO, who I was in constant contact with, has been helpful and informative, in so far as he always answered our emails and also sent us confirmation about our visa being granted reasonably quickly.

For information we received reply from DIMIA requesting meds about four weeks after applying. We applied on the August 13th and did not front load.

I dont know if ours was quicker because my wife's trade is on the MODL

Best of luck and hope you hear soon.

Gary

we are using a UK agent and yes they have acknowledged reciept but I havent asked about a CO -- my worry is what happens if we DONT hear by 50 weeks -- what do dimma do in these circumstances? and how much longer are we then expected to wait??

PS I am going to email my agent with the same question today --- but I find with the forum I can have more of a rant and show more emotion -- whereas with the agent I keep everything nice and polite
sheila
Old Jan 16th 2005, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gsb
If I were in your shoes I would get the name and email address of my CO and then by pass my agent and go straight to the CO.

I did not use an agent at all, because I think they are way too expensive and also our application was pretty straight forward. Over the whole process I have been in contact with both the TRA and DIMIA. Our CO, who I was in constant contact with, has been helpful and informative, in so far as he always answered our emails and also sent us confirmation about our visa being granted reasonably quickly.

For information we received reply from DIMIA requesting meds about four weeks after applying. We applied on the August 13th and did not front load.

I dont know if ours was quicker because my wife's trade is on the MODL

Best of luck and hope you hear soon.

Gary
thanks gary and also fraser -- as you are both post july 1st applicants you have been processed under the new guidelines -- but for those of us who applied pre july 1st we are still under the old processing times of up to 50 weeks oh the frustration of it all! never mind our time will come -- hopefully within the next 4 bloody weeks!!!