Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

44C in Sydney now!?

44C in Sydney now!?

Old Jan 1st 2006, 3:54 am
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute
Default 44C in Sydney now!?

My widget shows me 44C in Sydney now. How it is? oauu...I'm scared! :scared:
Old Jan 1st 2006, 4:09 am
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 44C in Sydney now!?

45C now...it's rising... :scared:
Old Jan 1st 2006, 4:15 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skywalker
45C now...it's rising... :scared:
It's 48 both here and in Sydney - was up to 49 at one point, but didn't quite hit the big five o. I'd say it's a safe bet that the power stations are enjoying high demand for juice ...
Old Jan 1st 2006, 4:43 am
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Hutch
It's 48 both here and in Sydney - was up to 49 at one point, but didn't quite hit the big five o. I'd say it's a safe bet that the power stations are enjoying high demand for juice ...
How it is then? you can walk or just stay under A/C with loads of cold beers?
Old Jan 1st 2006, 4:44 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

My widget shows me 44C in Sydney now. How it is? oauu...I'm scared! :scared:
Bloody hot. Bring on the southerly change.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 5:04 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bondipom
Bloody hot. Bring on the southerly change.
My outside thermo is reading 45C and its in the shade and wind :scared:

There is currently a major bushfire in the Woy Woy/Phegans Bay residential area and the F3 is closed in both directions at Mount White because of another fire right by the road.

The Woy Woy fire is expected to head towards Umina and Pearl Beach in the next few hours. Some fire vehicles have already been destroyed in this.

The southerly change is not expected through Sydney and northwards until at least 10pm.

Jim
Old Jan 1st 2006, 5:11 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
My outside thermo is reading 45C and its in the shade and wind :scared:

There is currently a major bushfire in the Woy Woy/Phegans Bay residential area and the F3 is closed in both directions at Mount White because of another fire right by the road.

The Woy Woy fire is expected to head towards Umina and Pearl Beach in the next few hours. Some fire vehicles have already been destroyed in this.

The southerly change is not expected through Sydney and northwards until at least 10pm.

Jim
........ oh, and there are still some prats frying on Terrigal Beach - must be mental or still lashed from last night

Jim
Old Jan 1st 2006, 5:59 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

........ oh, and there are still some prats frying on Terrigal Beach - must be mental or still lashed from last night

Jim

Anyone who is on the beach today needs locking up in a mental insitution!
Old Jan 1st 2006, 6:18 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

How it is then? you can walk or just stay under A/C with loads of cold beers?
It's alright walking around actually. Affected my parents though - they stuck the aircon on and haven't budged from the sofa all day.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
It's alright walking around actually. Affected my parents though - they stuck the aircon on and haven't budged from the sofa all day.
My air con is broke and not due to be repaired until the 9th and the bush fire is raging right by us, we can see the helicopter dropping his water about half a k away .May need to pack.

Jo
Old Jan 1st 2006, 6:45 am
Raindancer

Athena is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in Sydney... and I have no fan... To say I'm melting is an understatement...

*goes on the balcony to perform a rain dance*
Old Jan 1st 2006, 6:46 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Originally Posted by joho
My air con is broke and not due to be repaired until the 9th and the bush fire is raging right by us, we can see the helicopter dropping his water about half a k away .May need to pack.

Jo
Jo

Take care over there.

One of my neighbours - a fire station "commander" - reckons they are extremely concerned over this one - particularly for Pearl Beach and Patonga - although Umina is also at major risk. He says they are having great difficulty containing it - even with the helicopter "bombers" that you can see.

Evacuations are going on at the moment - keep a listen out - and good luck.

Jim
Old Jan 1st 2006, 6:48 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Originally Posted by Athena
I'm in Sydney... and I have no fan... To say I'm melting is an understatement...

*goes on the balcony to perform a rain dance*
Get to the cinema!! No southerly change before 10 pm earliest.

Jim
Old Jan 1st 2006, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Get to the cinema!! No southerly change before 10 pm earliest.

Jim
The wind has just hit Cremorne blown my webcam off the laptop
Old Jan 1st 2006, 9:46 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Well, that was quite incredible. One second i'm wallowing in the pool to escape the furnace and within about 10 seconds this wonderful cold wind blows right through me!! I see a storm coming now. Some sheet lightening about. What a relief

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.